OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really enjoy the show Inside College Football on CBSSN. Used to just catch it in passing, but I record it now.

playing time. he's had like 12 reps so far. Freshmen ahead of him on the depth chart.

Kid doesnt listen and drops too many balls for Harrell. He should stay though. He would have been a factor for them. But he must see the writing on the wall.

I legit think he's the most talented WR on the team. But he's lacking upstairs.

Thing is the freshmen aren’t ahead of him. He’s Amon Ra’s backup but the receivers are supposed to police themselves and Amon sara refuses to come off the field (a la Juju.) on the other inside slot is Velus then Drake/Munir.

Jamaal Charles was on that team & he was 3rd string. Aaron Ross was the nickelback & won the Thorpe the next season. Hell the 06 team probably makes a run for the title if it wasn’t for Kansas State wrecking Colt McCoy’s shoulder.

That team was crazy stacked
Yup. The 06, 08 and 09 teams all might’ve been more talented man-for-man than 05.

Thing is the freshmen aren’t ahead of him. He’s Amon Ra’s backup but the receivers are supposed to police themselves and Amon sara refuses to come off the field (a la Juju.) on the other inside slot is Velus then Drake/Munir.
I don’t think Devon understands that. He’s an outside guy. Drake is an inside guy. The offense literally has guys that play the outside and guys that play inside.

I really don’t blame him for wanting out. He’s too talented. But he’s gonna have to sit out a year and that’s where he loses me.

I don’t think Devon understands that. He’s an outside guy. Drake is an inside guy. The offense literally has guys that play the outside and guys that play inside.

I really don’t blame him for wanting out. He’s too talented. But he’s gonna have to sit out a year and that’s where he loses me.

And he would have 100% started on the outside next year so like... what are you doing?

Only explanation is he got caught up in Jack Sears’s explanation of “I need to enter the portal for people to contact me,” and I know Oregon has already spoken to him. The thirst buckets that they are.

Gary, LV, Traeshon come on down.

The lack of respect for Clay Helton is wild :lol:

What’s funny is SC has been getting so much **** for insular, nepotistic hires lately that I really don’t think the next coach will be an alum unless it’s someone like Carroll or Kris Richard.

The new president’s moves so far have been to do the opposite of what Nikias did. But we’ll see in the end SC gonna SC.

Last edited:
The lack of respect for Clay Helton is wild :lol:

I can't remember the last time there's been this much open conversation about a coach's job this early into the season. You have outside entities openly talking about his job like Clay Helton isnt even there:lol:

This whole situation is a mess, no wonder they can't recruit. Clay Helton it and his staff can't go into a kid's living roomnand honestly tell him "I'll be there for you for the next 3 or 4 years"

I can't remember the last time there's been this much open conversation about a coach's job this early into the season. You have outside entities openly talking about his job like Clay Helton isnt even there:lol:

This whole situation is a mess, no wonder they can't recruit. Clay Helton it and his staff can't go into a kid's living roomnand honestly tell him "I'll be there for you for the next 3 or 4 years"

It’s fans, media, and opposing teams (cough Oregon) doing it.

Clay is 2-0 and just smacked their oldest rival by 4 TDs. Sad to say but his job is safe right now. What JDR, Fisher, and Hue Jackson are doing is shameful. It’s also kinda the reason 2/3 of them have zero shot at getting it. A lot of SC boosters still think Hue for example is a snake.

“London is could very well be elite. A lot more so than Devon Williams. London blocks, catches balls in traffic and will learn the system. Most importantly, London has the mental fortitude to be an impact player in college.”

- Gerard Martinez indirectly shading Devon Williams casper90403 casper90403

———

Chris Steele said to 247 that the Stanford game was the most fun he’s ever had playing football. And that’s a kid people were convinced would run first chance he got. Moral of the story: teenagers are mercurial.

Last edited:
I use to think Drake was a basketball player that plays football but I'm starting to think he might be really good in football and should quit hoops

Jersey to Tuscaloosa feels a lot different when you're not playing.
https://247sports.com/college/alabama/board/116/Contents/alfano-135458083/?page=1
BamaOnLine has a long thread with some new details. I think he's gone, apparently he hasn't been to practice in 2 weeks and hasn't taken a snap this season.

Saban's cryptic statements about make it sound like the kid got in trouble

I can see him going someplace closer to home. I know Penn State was one of his finalists.

Last edited:
6B5ED806-7006-4A00-B395-28A4070EF5B5.jpeg
Anyone's team in here any good? Or are we all washed?

I told y’all years ago this would happen.

Back
Top Bottom