OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mark Jackson is promising people if he’s hired as AD he’ll bring Pete back with him as coach and apparently there’s something to it (PC is ready to wind down his career and considering college again)
Does the retirement tour ever work?

A buddy of mine said Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush are against Urban. Any truth to that?

I’ve heard opposite. What’s your buddy’s connect?

Does the retirement tour ever work?

Never.

Wait...why?

Jackson’s a holdover from the old PC regime. He’s the admin that was pushing Sark the hardest and killed the Chris Petersen deal. He’s still friends with Carroll and wants to get the band back together.

He’s currently the AD at Villanova so he’s got some championships to tout but also helped set up the currently problematic culture in SC’s athletics department.

I’m hearing the school President is trying to start over with no retreads though so he seems unlikely.

would prefer to just go and hire Urban and be done with it.

Can't imagine Jackson hiring Fisher or JDR. Too many boosters are against that.

Would be stunned if he doesnt go to Bama based on what i expect to happen at USC. An Urban type of hire would 100% land him.

To be honest, I hope he ends up at Bama if we don't make a big hire. He needs to be on the biggest stage.

he may waiver if SC keeps losing
The wildest part of all this USC stuff is that they're 2-1 with an OT loss. :lol: That kid is as good as gone if he's already making excuses to decommit for losses that haven't happened.

The whole USC **** just seems like a mess. AD and HC positions essentially open from the beginning of the season. People openly campaigning for a different coach before the year even starts. Bizarre.

The wildest part of all this USC stuff is that they're 2-1 with an OT loss. :lol: That kid is as good as gone if he's already making excuses to decommit for losses that haven't happened.

The whole USC **** just seems like a mess. AD and HC positions essentially open from the beginning of the season. People openly campaigning for a different coach before the year even starts. Bizarre.
Bryce isnt talking about decommitting. Its an assumption. Pretty much based on the fact that USC has lost some key recruits because of struggles, many expect the same if USC doesnt do well. Bama is pressing him HARD, and it could be too much to pass on them.

he loves USC and is a loyal type of kid, but at the end of the day, Bama and their success could be hard to pass up.

I've heard that Bama "likes their chances" with Bryce and they think he may waiver if SC keeps losing and continues to have coaching termoil. Is he a solid SC commit?

He’s a solid Clay Helton commit. If USC hires Urban or makes Graham Harrell or Kliff Kingsgury the HC he’d be a solid SC commit.

His only staff connection to Bama is Steve Sarkisian who’s selling him as being the next Tua. Take that for what you will.

For the record Bryce hasn’t visited Alabama’s campus since 2017. Their confidence is based on the beliefs that 1. Kedon Slovis will lock down the starting job and be Darnold-esque and he’ll see a clearer path to starting at Bama or 2. Helton and Harrell will be fired and SC will screw up the next coaching hire. All possible outcomes.

He’s not making any excuses to decommit. He keeps saying he’s solid. It’s the Bama college media machine that is pushing the narrative and rightfully so. He’s the #2 QB in the country so of course he’s still talking and listening to Alabama but as a courtesy to SC he’s refused to visit them. That should say enough but Bama fans gonna Bama.

You’ll know when he’s waivering because he’s going to decommit outright before looking at other schools. I don’t think he’s gonna do a secret recruitment and dip.

It’s worth noting also that 3 years in Tuscaloosa the town doesn’t appeal to every one, even when it’s just a business decision.

He’s not making any excuses to decommit. He keeps saying he’s solid. It’s the Bama college media machine that is pushing the narrative and rightfully so. He’s the #2 QB in the country so of course he’s still talking and listening to Alabama but as a courtesy to SC he’s refused to visit them. That should say enough but Bama fans gonna Bama.

You’ll know when he’s waivering because he’s going to decommit outright before looking at other schools. I don’t think he’s gonna do a secret recruitment and dip.

It’s worth noting also that 3 years in Tuscaloosa the town doesn’t appeal to every one, even when it’s just a business decision.
I know Bama thinks that they're always getting anyone who they want. I'm just saying the premise that "he may waiver if USC keeps losing" is so absurd. Y'all have lost ONE game. :lol: I'm not taking shots at y'all or saying that he's going to flip, just pointing out how silly it sounds if 1 loss has people this worried. Especially if they watched the game.

247Sports' national director of recruiting Steve Wiltfong joined me on a pick. Here's what Wiltfong had to say:

"The buzz regarding Bryce Young’s recruitment dating back to summer and The Opening Finals has been strong around Alabama and that remains true, if not moreso today. With that, I’ve joined BamaOnLine insider Hank South in forecasting the Top247’s No. 1 ranked dual-threat passer to the Crimson Tide.

"Outside of emotional ties to USC (relationship with their coaches, location to home and family), Alabama appears to lead in every other regard for the ballyhooed passer. From relationship with Steve Sarkisian to regular dialogue with Nick Saban and company to opportunity to play as a true freshman for a national title contender, it has everything Young and his family are looking for in a football program."

And from y'all guy Greg Biggins.... yea, he might be gone. :lol:
I'm not ready to put in a CB yet although I'm leaning that way, just wanted to wait until Bryce decommits before doing it, mostly out of respect to the family. If/when that does happen, I think Bama is the obvious clear leader and there really isn't anyone else they're looking at right now. As for when that could happen, they just knocked off St. Frances, No. 2 team in the nation and have a bye this weekend. Knowing the family, I don't think they wanted any distractions before the St. Frances game. Now that they're on a bye week, I wouldn't be shocked to hear something sooner then later. The family has been in internal discussions for awhile on this.

There is a lot of misinformation out there regarding Bryce and USC. Some have speculated with true freshman Kedon Slovis emerging, that could push Bryce out or JT Daniels redshirting this year and now being in the same class essentially would play a role but neither are really true. Bryce isn't afraid to compete with either player. For Bryce, he's all about trying to find the place where he can develop the best, have the best chance for on-field success and then ultimately, what school gives him the best shot at making the NFL. Coaching stability is obviously HUGE here as well and Sark and Saban have done an unbelievable job recruiting him and have been on him harder than any other school. That along with the fact they see a program that will always be loaded at the WR and OL positions and a depth chart that is pretty friendly have Bama in a pretty enviable spot right now.

I know Bama thinks that they're always getting anyone who they want. I'm just saying the premise that "he may waiver if USC keeps losing" is so absurd. Y'all have lost ONE game. :lol: I'm not taking shots at y'all or saying that he's going to flip, just pointing out how silly it sounds if 1 loss has people this worried. Especially if they watched the game.

You need to understand the psychology of the USC fanbase. They had the #20 recruiting class last season (it would have been #14 if Steele and McCoy had counted in the tally) which is the worst recruiting class rank in school history. So while it seems absurd, to the typical USC fan the sky is falling. Board runners and SC fans are dramatic an emotional.

A freshman QB, brand new o line, and all freshman secondary lost in overtime, on the road, in a notoriously hostile environment, in a game everyone thought they were going to lose before last week, but the sky is falling. :lol:

Reporters asked recruits what they thought about the Stanford win and more than half of USC's targets admitted to have not even watched it. :lol:

I'll admit, I'm ready for it to be done with though. It can't be a week by week thing. Just fire him already or give him a vote of confidence until after the season.

Last edited:
if anyone can like Tuscaloosa, its Bryce Young. He ain't got time for distractions. His Dad will be the one that might eventually talk him into going to Bama.

At the end of the day, if USC keeps Clay, I think GH is gone with a HC gig. At best, he's a 2 year rental.

A freshman QB, brand new o line, and all freshman secondary lost in overtime, on the road, in a notoriously hostile environment, in a game everyone thought they were going to lose before last week, but the sky is falling. :lol:

Reporters asked recruits what they thought about the Stanford win and more than half of USC's targets admitted to have not even watched it. :lol:
Y'all are legit the West Coast Miami. :lol: I understand everything that you're saying.

if anyone can like Tuscaloosa, its Bryce Young. He ain't got time for distractions. His Dad will be the one that might eventually talk him into going to Bama.

At the end of the day, if USC keeps Clay, I think GH is gone with a HC gig. At best, he's a 2 year rental.
FREE KOBE insists he heard Clay may have meddled with playcalling and had an argument with Graham. 247 guys said they haven't heard that and think it's just a convenient way to blame Clay whenever they lose considering no one says that when they win.

A reporter asked Clay and he said "Graham and I dialogue but ultimately every play is his call."

I think Miami and USC far more than those two and Michigan. Michigan is a traditional blue blood.

Apparently USC wasn't helpful in Bubba's appeal process, so he has to sit out one more game. That's some clown ****.

I think Miami and USC far more than those two and Michigan. Michigan is a traditional blue blood.

Apparently USC wasn't helpful in Bubba's appeal process, so he has to sit out one more game. That's some clown ****.

Hilariously you know who it allegedly was that made sure Bubba was suspended for 2 years? Donna Heinel. Same woman who was in charge of USC’s preferred walk on scholarship distribution and involved with athletics discipline. Same woman currently under federal indictment for selling athletic scholarships :lol:

There was talk of his family considering suing the school over his suspension so if true I imagine that’s why they’d be hesitant to be overly helpful in any ncaa appeal. But clay didn’t block him.

Bryce isnt talking about decommitting. Its an assumption. Pretty much based on the fact that USC has lost some key recruits because of struggles, many expect the same if USC doesnt do well. Bama is pressing him HARD, and it could be too much to pass on them.

he loves USC and is a loyal type of kid, but at the end of the day, Bama and their success could be hard to pass up.

To be fairrrrrrrrrrrrrr... Alabama hasn't had a QB drafted in the first two (three? four?) rounds under Saban yet either. They don't exactly have a track record of developing QBs and getting them drafted. Not yet at least.

Gerard Martinez (SC recruiting authority): "Bryce has hung in there for longer than I thought he would. We'll see what happens."

dacomeup dacomeup 247 released an article listing potential replacements for Clay :lol: The first is Mark Richt :rofl:
https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...eplacements-Urban-Meyer-Lynn-Swann-135689738/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom