OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I mean... He's not wrong about the state of California... :lol: Or the need for something like this to be uniform across all of College Football...

But the slippery slope argument is, as always, stupid.

I mean... He's not wrong about the state of California... :lol: Or the need for something like this to be uniform across all of College Football...

But the slippery slope argument is, as always, stupid.

California is far from perfect but despite all of its issues, it's still the fifth largest economy in the world so they're doing something right. A guy who coaches and Pullman Washington should probably keep his mouth shut about it.

Also, the entire point of the California bill is to force other states into passing a similar bill. South Carolina is going to introduce similar bill shortly

California is far from perfect but despite all of its issues, it's still the fifth largest economy in the world so they're doing something right. A guy who coaches and Pullman Washington should probably keep his mouth shut about it.

Also, the entire point of the California bill is to force other states into passing a similar bill. South Carolina is going to introduce similar bill shortly
Just because CA needs to fix other things doesn’t mean this bill shouldn’t be passed. Paying players would make them part of the workforce. I haven’t heard a peep from the UCs or CSUs about paying their players, probably because the checks wouldn’t be written from them but from the NCAA. You’d think colleges would be ok with this because the amount elite student athletes would make surpasses their scholarship value. In a way this would actually strengthen the top tier schools because they wouldn’t have to offer as many scholarships, they would only have to sell the brand.

North Carolina: “We go way back. I have a few family members that went there. Coach (Stacy) Searels and I get along well. My grandmother's going to be moving down there soon. I really think that could be a good fit with me and I think they only have a few offensive linemen committed and I feel like if I go down there, I can make something happen.”

Can someone explain to me why Auburn is favored by 4 points on the road at TAMU? I'm gonna assume the folks in Vegas know more than me but I don't really see it. TAMU is iffy on the road but really good at home and Auburn has a true freshman QB starting his first road game in a hostile environment. Are they assuming Mond is gonna be equally as inaccurate against Auburn as he was against Clemson?

you would think that Texas A&M would be favored. the teams have similar talent if anything I would think Texas A&M has a slightly more talented roster and a better coach. they have the more experienced quarterback and they're playing at home N41D N41D please give me some inside info

Last edited:
I thought A&M was favored by 4?

A&M definitely opened as favorites... Has it swung that much and I haven't been paying attention?

I thought A&M was favored by 4?

A&M definitely opened as favorites... Has it swung that much and I haven't been paying attention?

My bad, you're right TAMU is favored by 4. That makes alot more sense to me. How do you like y'alls chances?

All on Mond... Defense has played really well aside from like one blown coverage on a Trevor Lawrence scramble against Clemson.

If Mond's good, I think they can beat damn near anyone on their schedule. If he's not, they could literally lose to anyone.

Even against Lamar last week, he made like 3 total bonehead throws. One got picked, the other got tipped and almost picked. He's just weird. Physically all the tools are there. But he goes full ****** at really weird times and gets happy feet when there's nothing around him.

If they're going to have what they'd call a good year, they absolutely cannot lose this game. Or any other that isn't in the Bama/LSU/UGA trio. And frankly, they probably need to win at least one of those.

All on Mond... Defense has played really well aside from like one blown coverage on a Trevor Lawrence scramble against Clemson.

If Mond's good, I think they can beat damn near anyone on their schedule. If he's not, they could literally lose to anyone.

Even against Lamar last week, he made like 3 total bonehead throws. One got picked, the other got tipped and almost picked. He's just weird. Physically all the tools are there. But he goes full ****** at really weird times and gets happy feet when there's nothing around him.

If they're going to have what they'd call a good year, they absolutely cannot lose this game. Or any other that isn't in the Bama/LSU/UGA trio. And frankly, they probably need to win at least one of those.

I had you guys going 8-4, losing to Clemson, Bama, LSU and Georgia. The two toss up games are Auburn and South Carolina. I don't think Jimbo's offense suits Mond's skillset at all (which makes sense because this isn't the offense he was recruited into). He's just not an accurate enough passer IMO.

8-4 would be fine ... 9-3 would be big. Still think they can play with LSU.

Mond’s just too inconsistent mechanically to get where they need him to be. Especially without a pass catching TE to bail him out when things get weird.

He’s a super awkward athlete, too. Really stiff.

Nobody’s talking about UGA being racist tho...folks just trying to yap to be relevant

apparently people were telling his family that their son should not to commit to Georgia because the school is racist (I'm assuming they're referencing the Justin Fields situation with the baseball player yelling racial slurs)

Last edited:
apparently people were telling his family that their son should not to commit to Georgia because the school is racist (I'm assuming they're referencing the Justin Fields situation with the baseball player yelling racial slurs)
Y'all in the deep South and a fellow student athlete was yelling to "put the ****** in" during a game :lol:. You can likely find that on any campus down in the SEC and other conferences, but I'm not sure his sister still being at the school proves anything. :lol: We all know Fields left because he didn't want to sit behind Fromm. Looks like a smart move too.

Y'all in the deep South and a fellow student athlete was yelling to "put the ****** in" during a game :lol:. You can likely find that on any campus down in the SEC and other conferences, but I'm not sure his sister still being at the school proves anything. :lol: We all know Fields left because he didn't want to sit behind Fromm. Looks like a smart move too.
1. Fields left because he wanted to start
2. UGA is racist man :lol:

Back
Top Bottom