OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He might have been overall mediocre, but he had moments as a true freshman that had you thinking that he was different.

Y'all have to understand, the kids he was throwing to in HS were pretty much 5'8" dudes that other kids consider good gym partners for pickle ball or whatever. They weren't next level like Eason....I believe that with him, the speed difference was surreal and he handled it well and grew quickly.

And you saw it today. His timing, touch, everything....on point. The speed of the game isn't an issue anymore. Hes legit af.

He might have been overall mediocre, but he had moments as a true freshman that had you thinking that he was different.

Y'all have to understand, the kids he was throwing to in HS were pretty much 5'8" dudes that other kids consider good gym partners for pickle ball or whatever. They weren't next level like Eason....I believe that with him, the speed difference was surreal and he handled it well and grew quickly.

And you saw it today. His timing, touch, everything....on point. The speed of the game isn't an issue anymore. Hes legit af.

Like I hear you... but you also played an FCS team. I don’t think there was anything to take away from this game.

Like I hear you... but you also played an FCS team. I don’t think there was anything to take away from this game.

Timing with receivers, for one. He threw multiple back shoulders like they all been doing it for years. That's the type of thing that translates no matter any opponent.

The execution was crisp...there wasn't the obvious first game lull you see with even top 5 teams.

It was different. That doesn't mean I'm saying they're a shoe-in for the final four...I'm just saying...its different.

@bigmike23 Why are your mods trolling

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 2.28.07 AM.png

Side note, isn't this that NTer who used to puff his chest in her but vanished from the thread after the Rose Bowl?

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 2.36.24 AM.png

Last edited:
JT better be back to defend his heisman. After reading 792 articles about USC on here they been my national title pick :smh:

JT better be back to defend his heisman. After reading 792 articles about USC on here they been my national title pick :smh:

He was 25-34 for 215 yards 1 TD and 1 int in the 2nd quarter before he busted his knee and fumbled in the Fresno red zone.

Dude was on pace for 500 yards. It’s really sad.

Its tough being a Ducks fan.

We never show up in the big games. Had me in the 1st half. Thought was finally SEC ready.

If we dont win out this season is a wash. We gotta make statements vs Wash, Stanford, and Utah (tough task)

N to be honest I never was sold on Herbert.

Did he even really cook Vandy? Jacob Eason was average as **** in the SEC. Maybe even mediocre.
Saying they he cooked anyone would be a stretch. He could end up being really good, but saying that he was "cooking SEC defenses" is false. Still might be better than Fromm which is the hilarious part.

If JT is out for the season, does this change how you assess play Clay Helton? I know he might be on his way out anyway, but it's kind of unfair to fire him if it's starting quarterback gets hurt in the first game of the season (unless he's feeling in lots of other areas)
**** no

toss out.gif

@kickz4242
10508 cardo jr ln 10508 cardo jr ln

I know we got conservative after going up 21-0 but I didn’t realize just how conservative we became until I looked up play by play for the game. I noticed that we only completed 5 passes out of 12 attempts for a minuscule 24 yards for the balance 41 minutes of the game. I can only wonder what prompted Kirby to shut down the passing attack.

gotta imagine UGA wanted to keep things vanilla. Why show anything on tape? They didn't need to play well to beat Vandy.

How’d Mich look? Bobby Layne Bobby Layne

Sloppy, I'm glad they didn't open up against anyone with a pulse. MTSU is well coached and plays hard, but they should have won by a lot more then they did.

Charbonnet looked good. Probably the most talented guy they've had back there since Chris Perry.

Sloppy, I'm glad they didn't open up against anyone with a pulse. MTSU is well coached and plays hard, but they should have won by a lot more then they did.

Charbonnet looked good. Probably the most talented guy they've had back there since Chris Perry.
Very sloppy they should be ashamed of themselves. I feel like it's gonna be a long season.

Washington has some dawgs I can actually get behind. Always liked Eason even though he only visited Florida to get his **** wet.

ACC network is some bull****.

Anybody got a good streaming site? PM me

MEAC/SWAC challenge happening on ESPN2. I’m a SWAC baby so Jackson State has my support even though i went to their rival school.

So proud of Georgia State for beating Tennessee. That was a money game for Georgia State so they walked away with an unexpected win and 950k

If they get their **** together in the next couple years, they could probably get an invite to the AAC to be that 12th football playing member. They'd fit in culturally with the other members a lot better than schools like Marshall, LT, USM.

@kickz4242
10508 cardo jr ln 10508 cardo jr ln

I know we got conservative after going up 21-0 but I didn’t realize just how conservative we became until I looked up play by play for the game. I noticed that we only completed 5 passes out of 12 attempts for a minuscule 24 yards for the balance 41 minutes of the game. I can only wonder what prompted Kirby to shut down the passing attack.

Sounds like Ohio state. I didn’t watch but saw they were up 28-0 and final score was 42-21. People said they took their foot of the gas big time

Back
Top Bottom