OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
tenor.gif

It's a joke relax papi

Real talk I think Hurts is a great QB and think he’s gonna kill it at Oklahoma this year. He’s most likely gonna have better numbers than Tua but that’s in a different offense in a different conference. Both top 10 QBs (not in draft but in college). I just don’t think he’s a better overall QB than Tua

It don’t matter anyway with the juggernaut Clemson :smh:

Apparently Jake Bentley got hurt on the last play of the game and is going to miss the majority of the season. I think this is just a front to allow him to save face so he can grad transfer.

Like I mentioned earlier, Jake Bentley reclassified and left high school a year early. What's the logic behind a football player doing this? I can understand it if you have extenuating circumstances (family issues, issues at school, etc.) but if you have the opportunity to have another year of mental and physical development, why not take it? Why go the college early and burn a year of eligibility? Wouldn't Bentley have been alot better off and more developed staying in school for another year? Same goes for JT Daniels.

I know it works out for alot of college basketball players but has reclassifying ever worked out in college football? Has anyone benefited from going to college a year early?

Last edited:
Muschamp, whose job is likely on the line, is faking an injury for his starting QB to let him grad transfer? :lol:

Did you watch the game? Bentley was awful, he looks like he's actually regressing.

The fans have been calling for a QB change since last season and Hillinski is a big recruit (I think he's the highest rated QB South Carolina has ever gotten). This gives him an out to bench a senior QB for a more talented true freshman and also allows Bentley to save face. Don't forget that Bentley's dad is still on the coaching staff at South Carolina.

Last edited:
Did you watch the game? Bentley was awful, he looks like he's actually regressing. The fans have been calling for a QB change since last season and Hillinski is a big recruit (I think he's the highest rated QB South Carolina has ever gotten). This gives him an out to bench a senior QB for a more talented true freshman and also allows Bentley to save face. Don't forget that Bentley's dad is still on the coaching staff at South Carolina.
Nah, I was on the road during that game. But the view that fans look at things through is often so different than what coaches look at them through. I'm just not buying that a dude with his job on the line is benching a senior for a true freshman. Especially when you consider that he's coming in to start behind a bad OL. They're saying he has a Lisfranc injury to his foot -- not expecting that they're faking that one.

Apparently Jake Bentley got hurt on the last play of the game and is going to miss the majority of the season. I think this is just a front to allow him to save face so he can grad transfer.

Like I mentioned earlier, Jake Bentley reclassified and left high school a year early. What's the logic behind a football player doing this? I can understand it if you have extenuating circumstances (family issues, issues at school, etc.) but if you have the opportunity to have another year of mental and physical development, why not take it? Why go the college early and burn a year of eligibility? Wouldn't Bentley have been alot better off and more developed staying in school for another year? Same goes for JT Daniels.

I know it works out for alot of college basketball players but has reclassifying ever worked out in college football? Has anyone benefited from going to college a year early?

All jokes aside, JD Booty benefited from reclassifying and going early.

Most guys who reclassify aren't really skipping a grade but rather just getting "reclassified" to their original graduating class after being held back for another year of eighth grade. I don't really see the benefit of being a older 18/19 year old HS senior and playing another year of HS or prep ball when you don't need to.

There's also in the issue of age limits in HS ball, and some of these guys might not be able to play a whole season even if they wanted to.

Back
Top Bottom