Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A letdown by what standards? He beat Mikey every round & it wasn't close. Porter showed a ton of heart and grit and he still won. My thing is, what makes Crawford the favorite at 147? B/c he fought Horn? Khan?... What he did at 140 was amazing, but idk if he takes those type of hits from Spence or Porter the way they did. Styles make fights

He should have walked through Mikey. He can make every excuse he wants why he didn't, but he should have disposed of him like GGG did of Brook. The P4P **** doesn't matter when there is that much of a size difference. P4P is relative to your weight class, Mikey's no where close to a P4P fighter at 147.

Porter fought the best he ever has, but I still feel like the gap between the two should have been more apparent. Styles make fights but this is now the second time where Spence hasn't exactly looked like the P4P king some bill him as.

Bud is all eye test at this point but I'm feeling better about his chances of standing up to Spence's power, and I think he's the more naturally skilled guy.

Bud hasn’t washed anybody on the caliber of a Spence, Porter, Thurman, even DSG yet.

Spence can be outboxed but you have to be able to take those punches and deal with his pressure, and he’s not gonna get tired.

If Bud can handle his pressure then I think he’s the guy, but that’s a big if at the moment.

Bud hasn’t washed anybody on the caliber of a Spence, Porter, Thurman, even DSG yet.

Spence can be outboxed but you have to be able to take those punches and deal with his pressure, and he’s not gonna get tired.

If Bud can handle his pressure then I think he’s the guy, but that’s a big if at the moment.

I think errols power is overrated and buds power is underrated. As said a few posts back, regardless of his excuse, errol wasnt even able to drop or stop a slow and flat footed mikey who he definitely should've gotten out of there if his power is what people thought it was or think it is.

I'm not knocking Errol at all, I'm a fan. I just errol is great at what he does well but isnt necessarily a great fighter while Bud is special and can neutralize errol for 12 rounds.

Has Bud ever been in a brawl like this?
Has he ever got his chin tested like this?
I'm still taking Spence in that fight. Spence showed he can box and brawl with his last two fights. I imagine the bud fight would be a mixture of the two.

Porter was rough and rugged, but I disagree that he bullied Spence. Spence was prepared for the roughness and kept Porter off of him by pushing him. The low blows were probably intentional to nullify porter's roughness , but the ref told Porter his guard was too high at the beginning of the fight so that's why they weren't called.
I had an issue with the wideness of the score cards too. Great fight imo.

I think errols power is overrated and buds power is underrated. As said a few posts back, regardless of his excuse, errol wasnt even able to drop or stop a slow and flat footed mikey who he definitely should've gotten out of there if his power is what people thought it was or think it is.

I'm not knocking Errol at all, I'm a fan. I just errol is great at what he does well but isnt necessarily a great fighter while Bud is special and can neutralize errol for 12 rounds.

Yeah, those two rounds where Spence looked like he actually started turning it on against Mikey (8th & 9th? Can’t remember), dude shoulda definitely been able to at least get a knockdown.

That said tho, he also broke Kell Brook’s eye socket. He took out Algieri in 5 which Manny Khan and Provo couldn’t do, they all went the distance. He took out Bundu in 6 which prime Keith Thurman couldn’t do. I still think he hits harder than alot of dudes at 147, but him getting dudes out of there like he does might be more about the volume. He doesn’t get tired and he just breaks dudes down. He consistently throws heavy shots.

But yeah I think Bud definitely has a chance of outboxing him, I just wonder if he can deal with the pressure Errol is gonna put on him.

Too bad Eroll and Bud won't fight until their 40

Yeah it’s starting to look that way :smh:

This would put the score at 116-112 Spence, the KD makes it 116-111, judges got it right.

?

Spence by two rounds (7 rounds won to Porter's 5) is 115-113. Knockdown makes it 115-112.

I gotta rewatch at some point while scoring, but on first watch without scoring I don't even know if Spence had a 2 round advantage, that was a very close fight.

Porter the perfect gatekeeper to the 147lb elite.

What I'd really love to see in the next 2 years is for Manny, Bud, Errol, and Floyd to all go at it to prove once and for all who reigns supreme.

Bob let Jose Ramirez fight on DAZN when they were willing to overpay for him to fight Hooker.

I'm not sure it's Al protecting guys like Gervonta but rather Al protecting his own business interests by not letting his guys fight on other networks for more money.

Sean and Kenny are pretty independent tho, and I'm sure will make a big stink if Bob offers them big money to fight Bud on ESPN PPV and Al wants to block it.

so many espn style hot takes.

lol bud dont wash Crawford and vice versa biggest welterweight fight that everyone wants to actually see.

cant kill spence for not knocking out a mikey Garcia who was literally in a defensive shell all night and had to plead with his brother to not stop it. Garcia got punished and will never think of fighting Spence again.

Bud need some more resume builders at ww and Spence is what he got

Very entertaining card. Was good to watch. Gotta day tho it truly is terrible that HBO boxing is over. I miss 24-7, Michael Buffer, and the overall entertainment value. This Fox PPV felt like such trash quality.

floyd is done... i dont think his mindset is there and he dont want to go out looking washed like bhop who kept boxing until 50... he seems good on retiring on top... if floyd was in his early 30s and in his prime he could beat these welterweights... but right now at his current age i dont know about that

Very entertaining card. Was good to watch. Gotta day tho it truly is terrible that HBO boxing is over. I miss 24-7, Michael Buffer, and the overall entertainment value. This Fox PPV felt like such trash quality.
Basically just a regular fox broadcast behind a paywall. Quality is not great for Fox PPVs and they never add anything extra

Back
Top Bottom