Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A598C28B-9260-4728-91B4-A4AF0F615A99.jpeg

I ain’t gonna front Amir smart for taking that way out. Bud tripping thinking that wasn’t a power shot low blow :lol:

Spence has an exclusive contract with FOX? Last time I checked, FOX wanted some of these guys under exclusivity deals but didn't get them.

If that's the case then it is Al holding up this fight. Funny things is people bring up all the time how if Bud was on the PBC he'd have way more options but fail to mention that Spence STILL hasn't fought one of the top PBC welters.

Last edited:
Spence has an exclusive contract with FOX? Last time I checked, FOX wanted some of these guys under exclusivity deals but didn't get them.

If that's the case then it is Al holding up this fight. Funny things is people bring up all the time how if Bud was on the PBC he'd have way more options but fail to mention that Spence STILL hasn't fought one of the top PBC welters.

Who do you believe is the A-side?

Mikey had a big hand in that 360K. It's hard to do a apples to apples comp like that since Bud was fighting a Pakistani from the UK.

Bud might have more name recognition with the average american public since he fights on ESPN, but split wise it should be a 50/50 fight. My point was that Errol has 0 contractual obligation to either FOX or SHO, unlike Bud who actually has a deal with ESPN. In theory Spence should have no problem fighting on ESPN.

90% of what comes out of the old man's mouth is BS, but Bob has said that he's willing to work with FOX if it came down to it.

I do think he genuinely wants the fight ASAP tho because they are running out of opponents, and Bud is going to be 32 come September.

Last edited:
It was a low blow and would of been even if I was higher. Fight stopping though?...... dudes balls must be swinging low haha. But yeah, I don’t know about that

Bruh, Bud's punches where doing serious damage to AK. Although, I believe AK quit because he knew he couldn't compete, I'm also understanding if the low blow really put him out of commission.

Anyways, was just reading that the Nevada Athletic Commission submitted Byrd as a potential judge for the Alvarez vs Jacob's fight. WTF are they doing???

For those that dont know, Byrd was the judge that scored the second fight of Canelo vs GGG 118-110.

Then they say boxing is not corrupt.

Nah, guys. We all know Amir Khan has a glass chin but one thing he's not, is a quitter. Man's would prefer to go out on his shield. If anything, Khan has too much heart and pride for his own good. Virgil been trying to fix that in him. We've seen it time and time again. Against "Swift," versus Canelo. Both fights Khan was boxing well early and winning rounds, but especially vs. DSG, Amir opted to bang and go to war trading. Got put out because his chin will never hold up in a firefight. I don't think Khan and Hunter took the easy way out here. Bud landed a power punch clearly below the belt. It looked bad in real time.

What surprised me most was that Khan didn’t take the full 5.

He was shaking out one of his hands during the fight as well. Thought he broke it but Virgil mentioned a bone chip/spur in his elbow I believe after the fight and they were talking about it in the corner between rounds.

Andre was talking about Virgil calling it a few rounds earlier.

I think both of them decided enough was enough when they had that moment after the low blow and the doctor getting involved and asking if he can continue.

When Khan was getting interviewed he looked like he was on the wrong side of a fight with a Wolverine. And he still had the whole 2nd half of the fight to go.

it was a low blow but i dont blame khan for quitting... it was the right move... he was getting demolished and would get worse if it went 12

I’m tired of Andre Ward always talking about stopping a fight to “protect the fighter” as soon as someone gets hit hard a few times. Simmer down and let these dudes fight fam :lol:

Bottom line is Khan didn’t want that smoke with Bud. It was a low blow but it looked like it was on his hip flexor not his groin and he didn’t even take half of the five minutes he’s allotted to recover. Dude quit, bottom line.

What surprised me most was that Khan didn’t take the full 5.

He was shaking out one of his hands during the fight as well. Thought he broke it but Virgil mentioned a bone chip/spur in his elbow I believe after the fight and they were talking about it in the corner between rounds.

Andre was talking about Virgil calling it a few rounds earlier.

I think both of them decided enough was enough when they had that moment after the low blow and the doctor getting involved and asking if he can continue.

When Khan was getting interviewed he looked like he was on the wrong side of a fight with a Wolverine. And he still had the whole 2nd half of the fight to go.
Yup. All of this.

Back
Top Bottom