Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Only way porter stands a chance is to go his old way. He won’t be able to fight that same fight he just did with Spence

Porter lost to Ugas with that style so going back to the old style would definitely be smart

If it's truly going to be Spence-Porter and Pacquiao-Thurman, then it's looking more and more like Pac's 3 fight PBC deal won't involve a rematch with Floyd.

If Pac beats Thurman, he gets Spence and Spence gets his chance to retire Manny. If Thurman handles business against Manny, Pac probably fights Garcia to call it a career.

I think that is ultimately what Al wants but I wouldn’t rule anything out with Floyd.

If Manny beats Thurman I think the rematch happens. I can’t see Floyd walking away from that potential payday.

Porter lost to Ugas with that style so going back to the old style would definitely be smart
IDK how you say that definitively. Ugas faded in the back half of that fight. Stopped hammering Porter’s body and got caught up in showboating. I can see 115-113 either way or a draw, but the SD was fair. Neither fighter was ‘robbed’ nor dominant.

It looks like Haymon is having a mini tourney with his welterweight guys. How come Bud didn't sign with PBC? If/when he gets past Khan, realistically what next?

It looks like Haymon is having a mini tourney with his welterweight guys. How come Bud didn't sign with PBC? If/when he gets past Khan, realistically what next?

Potential Crawford opponents after Khan

Egidijus Kavaliauskas (21-0-0 (17 KOs)
Custio Clayton (15-0-0 (10 KOs)
Giovani Santillan (24-0-0 (14 KOs)
Kerman Lejarraga (27-0-0 (22 KOs)
Luis Alberto Veron (17-0-0 (8 KOs)

Kava and Jose Ramirez moving up are probably what is next for Bud.

Josh Taylor could be an opponent down the road if he wins the WBSS. Prograis could as well if he wins, but I think he's headed for the PBC.

Pacquiao omitting Spence on that Twitter poll is comedy :rofl: makes sense that he doesn’t want anything to do with that fight

:lol: No respect for King Khan. I ain't even mad. Only one in here rooting for him.

Big Amir fan myself. Mans is all heart, took on all challengers. As much as I like him I just can’t see him beating Bud. We just need to go ahead and fast forward to Khan vs Brook and Spence vs Crawford.

Not to mention Floyd Joy wanted no part of Khan. Too talented of a boxer who’s only weak point, his chin, is a non issue against Joy

Potential Crawford opponents after Khan

Egidijus Kavaliauskas (21-0-0 (17 KOs)
Custio Clayton (15-0-0 (10 KOs)
Giovani Santillan (24-0-0 (14 KOs)
Kerman Lejarraga (27-0-0 (22 KOs)
Luis Alberto Veron (17-0-0 (8 KOs)

That’s all top rank has left?

Big Amir fan myself. Mans is all heart, took on all challengers. As much as I like him I just can’t see him beating Bud. We just need to go ahead and fast forward to Khan vs Brook and Spence vs Crawford.
My man Oz :nthat:. Things good on your end in the Chi-Town?

Never though Khan lost in D.C. Peterson got a favorable hometown decision. Man's was touching up "Swift" light work but pride got to his head and opted to bang in a war. Chin obviously didn't hold up and got put out. Looked good in the first couple rounds against Canelo. Ultimately went out on his shield.

Not to mention Floyd Joy wanted no part of Khan. Too talented of a boxer who’s only weak point, his chin, is a non issue against Joy
Big facts. Khan has/had some of the best hand speed in the past decade. Would've given PBF a good fight in 2011 or even 2014-15 when he was beating Algieri, Alexander and Collazo.

Would be a shame for UK boxing if we truly never get Khan vs. Brook at Wembley.

Back
Top Bottom