Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Depending on how one time looks against Pac I expect him to retire after. Big cash out for that fight and go be a family man.

Yeah, after Pac... i think he's done. Just wants Pac for the safe pay day. Don't think he'll ever fight Spence. I don't blame him though.. dude is like hippie at heart. Probably just wants to earn enough and travel the world.

There's some buzz Al is trying to offload the PBC to Ari Emanuel ( Ari in the Entourage is based off him) and WME :nerd:

Interesting. The WME group bought the UFC as well. They’ve done well as far as getting the ESPN relationship and kind of legitimizing the sport more, but the actual matchmaking, fighter pay and general running of the organization ain’t the greatest.

Wonder if they start doing crossover events if the purchase goes through

I mean Mikey Would probably out box Danny since he doesn’t throw enough as long as he could take his punches... don’t know why he wants to stay at 147 tho

Damn, so Mikey staying at 147? He was never the fastest guy even in the lower divisions (had great timing and technique) but he looked extra slow against Spence. But i agree, still might outbox Danny.

Danny might catch Mikey with one of those no look hooks too... When Mikey throws that right, he does bring his bodyweight with it, and not quick enough to return that right hand, leaving an opening for that left hook.

I wish Mikey would have just had a comeback fight at 140, and fought the winner of the tournament.

If he really wanted the Pac fight, he could have just skipped Spence and gotten it in July. He gets a lot of credit for being a "businessman" but these last two moves really don't make much sense.

Mikey looked like **** at 147 physically, and while DSG isn't necessarily a big WW I wouldn't call him a small one either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom