Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Duva reveals offer for Canelo vs Kovalev (that she turned down) 6 million dollars plus 10 million for the rematch. Duva holding out for more money. Duva wants a DAZN deal for one fight even if Kovalev losses for at least 12 mil

Y'all sleep. The once and future king.
IMG_5891.JPG
IMG_5902.JPG
IMG_5903.JPG
IMG_5904.JPG
IMG_5905.JPG
IMG_5911.JPG

At Khan’s trainer holding him up like he just beat a world class dude.

What WBC belt is that? Damn how many belts do we really need :lol:

3 good HW fights coming up soon today,

Yoka vs Dimitrenko
Gorman vs Dubois
Joyce vs Jennings

2016 Olympic gold medalist Tony Yoka (6-0, 5 KOs) returned with a third-round KO of Alexander Dimitrenko in his native France following a year-long suspension. Dimitrenko should retire after three straight stoppage losses (including one in April in five rounds to Andy Ruiz).

Jennings slowed down Joyce with the bodyshot. Both these guys look like they're throwing underwater.

Surprisingly good main event from PBC.
DeMarco is shot, that dude shoulda stopped him.

Who remembers a young WBC Champ DeMarco splitting Edwin Valero’s foreheads with an elbow? :pimp: what a fighter, RIP

Stevenson continuing to pad that record.
You weren't impressed by the "Pitufo" victory at MSG in April? That was a big step up in competition for Shakur. If nothing else, Stevenson been active as hell. Tonight was his eighth bout since the start of '18.

4.JPG
5.JPG

Rey Vargas is going to be a really tough sell as an A side :lol:

TR should make Shakur-Oscar Valdez next. Valdez has looked kind of suspect post Quigg, and you midas well make that fight now before Valdez loses to someone he's not supposed to.

The Abner and LSC fights are never happening.

Worst night of boxing in a while as far as co and main events. Pillow man clearly lost by a large amount and still was GIVEN the fight. To top it off he rattled off some of the worst lines I’ve ever heard post fight. Then you have yet another gimmie

That girl is bad. Just give me a minute maybe 2.

Hey how often do boxers workout with weights?
illphillip illphillip im curious what does your workout consist of?
Im kinda getting tired of my routine. I ask cuz I workout 3-4 times a week with weights and run 2 times a week. I try to stay fit for work and signed up to these 5k 10k runs.

That girl is bad. Just give me a minute maybe 2.

Hey how often do boxers workout with weights?
illphillip illphillip im curious what does your workout consist of?
Im kinda getting tired of my routine. I ask cuz I workout 3-4 times a week with weights and run 2 times a week. I try to stay fit for work and signed up to these 5k 10k runs.

I’m old and washed so I don’t know if I’m the guy to ask :lol:

I tell myself I’m not sparring anymore but every now and then get talked into it. That’s the extent of my boxing these days. It’s really just to stay in shape.

On top of that, I’ve had 2 kids in the last 6 years and fell out of shape. I’m good now. Probably 25 lbs or so down with boxing (for me this is about 10 min jump rope. A few rounds Shadow. About 9 rounds between heavy/double end/teardrop bags. I’ll give up some of these if I can get someone to give me mitts. Calisthenics including a push, a pull, and legs. Sometimes with weights, sometimes bodyweight. And abs). Pilates (which I do for low impact work and making sure my back stays in good shape). And the occasional run.

I’m about to start incorporating more weight work in now just to pack on more muscle and I feel like I’m plateauing a bit.

If I remember I’ll ask my guy tomorrow. Former pro.

Last edited:
I hate getting old too. Everything hurts.:lol:
I been wanting to buy a heavy bag. I keep missing some of those big 5 deals , a heavy bag with gloves.

For you old school boxing heads sweet pea, Pernell Whitaker has passed away. His son posted on Facebook

Attachments

• AF322E1E-1AED-44D6-A5CF-F543E89F9A1F.jpeg
    AF322E1E-1AED-44D6-A5CF-F543E89F9A1F.jpeg
    148.2 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom