Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are they still fighting on the 24th? Kovalev vs Yarde

Most likely.

IIRC Mannix or Copp reported that GB did come up with the money for a Kov-Canelo fight at the last minute, but it was too late because Kov and ME had already signed the deal with the Russians.

A decision that has and will unquestionably continue to generate criticism for Hearn, Joshua and those directly involved, Davies outlined where the immediate advantages of such a move emerges for these central players.

"I fully expect that once the Sky Box Office coffers are in and the money is negotiated with DAZN," he speculated, "Anthony Joshua will earn double what he's ever earned before - probably over £50 million.

"It's extraordinary really for a challenger to the belt, but that's his draw."

By contrast, Ruiz, the defending world champion, is expected to earn £7.5 million for his role in proceedings.

https://www.offtheball.com/other-sp...JrMrgr3grSpyGwfU0gv7HWS8GtnxIe_LOnHacj8dqLJyk

So Dana White was on Chris Mannix podcast today and spoke about launching Zuffa boxing in Oct, says he's going to change the game in boxing but don't know how when he probably doesn't want to pay the type of purses boxers get looking at the way he compensates his mma fighters

Fury must relax. Wilder is a big dude to take down and im almost positive Fury doesn't have Ortiz power and we all know how hard it was for Ortiz to try and get him down in that one round.

Never the less this is heavyweight boxing so you never know.

I don't get the Navarrete is a "ugly fighter" talk. The awkward aggression makes him really entertaining IMO. Hopefully he stays at 122 long enough so we can see him against Inoue.

Last edited:
Ive always been a TB fan, and he spoke the truth for the most part. What i dont really agree on is his thoughts on spence avoiding TC. Tim said it himself, TR doesnt **** with pbc like that.

I also noticed what he says at 2:06. During the pac/Thurman fight, they didnt list Crawford as a champ while they were showing the current 147 champs. I thought it was grimey and :lol: at the same time.

I saw a tweet last night that Yarde isn't even in Russia yet. What is going on?

Moscow's only 2 hours ahead of the UK, it's not that drastic of a time difference that he'd have to adjust his body too. This whole promotion has made very little sense tho.

edit* never mind I guess Chelyabinsk (Kov's hometown and where the fight is going to be) is 4 hours ahead of the UK.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom