OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Is Gattis a good hire or is this like when we got Nussmier from Bama? Sounds like he’s gonna be the guy calling plays.

Is Gattis a good hire or is this like when we got Nussmier from Bama? Sounds like he’s gonna be the guy calling plays.

I don't know if he can actually call plays or not but he's coached in some good offenses, and is a good recruiter.

Nuss got processed out of Bama, this is completely different.

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

The lawyer is saying that the slur is only a part of the case and not the whole story. https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-mars-hopes-for-eligibility-ruling-in-6-weeks

Even if it was, we're talking about the NCAA, when has precedence ever mattered in their decisions? They'll give Fields a waiver to avoid the backlash, and go back to business as usual.

Personally I think there is more to the story though, because the NCAA could easily grant him eligibility to play baseball this spring, and still bar him from playing football in the fall if it was only because of the incidence with the baseball player.

NIU fans have been kind of meh on him tbh. He's an offensive guy, and they've been winning because of their defense as of late.

Nick bringing Sark back in? Maybe those rumors about the dysfunction are true, this seems like an overreaction to one game.

Hearing Tate might have been told Fields was promised the job/Darron Thomas’d. If so good for him. If Ohio isn’t riding with him **** sitting around and waiting to see if Justin gets a waiver. Go find you a better spot.

Is he on track to graduate by the fall? If not he's going to sit either way.

No one would fault him for transferring but he looks like a clown in all this.

Talk all that ****, and then leave with your tail between your legs before spring practice even starts? C'mon b

Not sure if he’s on track to graduate. I asked that a few weeks back (he’s only a sophomore) and I think witnesskb24 witnesskb24 said since he enrolled early and with two years of summer classes, he could be already.

Maybe SuperJ5 SuperJ5 can answer this, but are you allowed to take more than 24 credits a year on a athletic scholarship? Most guys do the 12 in the fall, and split the other 12 between the winter and spring don't they?

Yep from what I read he enrolled early and is supposed to be graduating soon. Some more message board banter:

From Kirk Barton:

“Nobody is transferring until after spring ball...

Every college football player should graduate in three years and be in the portal if they have ambitions of playing...

Worked our for Joe Burrow, etc...

It is just a way of having leverage and being able to get in the right circumstance. Coaches do it, so I am glad players can too...”

Also read:

“It's not the only time. He's been talked out of leaving several times.

There was a reason the last month I was telling people not to assume anything by Tate's public comments. I never expected him to stay if/when Fields landed.”

Is he on track to graduate by the fall? If not he's going to sit either way.

No one would fault him for transferring but he looks like a clown in all this.

Talk all that ****, and then leave with your tail between your legs before spring practice even starts? C'mon b
well in this case, its one thing to talk all that noise and then to hear the buckeyes promised Fields the job. In that case, what choice does he have? Its no longer a competition.

Yea you can, all depends on the kid. The academic staff probably won’t put you in more than 15 though no matter how smart you are but will keep it at 12 if they feel that’s all you can handle.

Back
Top Bottom