OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

I didn't realize Texas had given Matthew McConaughey an official school title so he could spoke at recruiting events and meet with kids and their parents... :lol: :smh:

"Minister of Culture" ... Buncha cornballs. :lol:

I didn't realize Texas had given Matthew McConaughey an official school title so he could spoke at recruiting events and meet with kids and their parents... :lol: :smh:

"Minister of Culture" ... Buncha cornballs. :lol:

Guy was breaking the huddle at the basketball game the other night against Oklahoma.

DxdKa1FVYAAezUP

corniest program going, no bias

I'm not sure how this ever seemed like a good idea.

Didn't this dude have to retire due to injuries? nako xl nako xl

That was what UCLA’s 247 board runner was telling people cuz he’s a clown (speaking of super biased board runners.) Jaelan had some concussion and other injury issues but he always said he was looking to other schools. As of yesterday the word was he was an SC lean. Manny Diaz is doing work just getting these west coast kids on campus.

Last edited:
DLK is this generation's racial expert so I'd be ok with that.

Worth reposting for those that dont remember what aepps20 aepps20 is referring to:

“I hate to see what’s going on in our country. I really do. I think this is a good world. I think this is a great country. It’s just that things get painted with a broad brush in this world these days.

“There’s more good than bad in this world. With Martin Luther King. I don’t know that there’s ever been a better man or better leader. To me, he changed the world. He changed the world through love in the face of hate. He changed the world through peace in the face of violence. He changed the world through education in the face of ignorance. And he changed the world through Jesus. Boy, that’s politically incorrect. That’s what he did. It’s amazing when we don’t learn from our past how you can repeat your mistakes.

“(The Bible) says, Love the Lord with all your heart, all your mind, all your soul. The second one is, love your neighbor as you’d love yourself. It doesn’t say love your neighbor from the same religion. It doesn’t say love your neighbor if they’re the same color as you. It doesn’t say love your neighbor if they pull for the same team as you. It doesn’t say love your neighbor if they’re the same gender as you, or whatever. (It doesn’t say) love your neighbor if they have the same sexuality as you. It just says, love your neighbor as you’d love yourself. If we all lived by that in this country, we wouldn’t have near the problems we have.

“There’s a lot of good police officers. There’s thousands of perfect traffic stops. Lot of good men. Lot of good women. But those don’t get the stories. There’s some criminals that wear badges. Guess what? There’s some criminals that work in the media. There’s some criminals that are football coaches. There’s some criminals that are politicians. There are criminals that work in churches. It’s so easy to say we have a race problem, but we got a sin problem. It’s just my opinion. That’s Dabo’s opinion.

“I think the answer to our problems is exactly what they were for Martin Luther King when he changed the world. Love, peace, education, tolerance of others, Jesus. A lot of these things in this world were only a dream for Martin Luther King. Not a one-term, but a two-term African-American president. And this is a terrible country? There are interracial marriages. I go to a church that’s an interracial church. Those were only dreams for Martin Luther King. Black head coaches. Black quarterbacks. Quarterbacks at places like Georgia and Alabama and Clemson. For Martin Luther King, that was just a dream. Black CEOs, NBA owners, you name it. Unbelievable.

“Now, does that mean that there’s not still problems? Yes. Where there’s people, whether they’re black, green, yellow, orange or white, there is going to be sin, greed, hate, jealousy, deceitfulness. There’s going to be that. That’s always going to be there. But attitude, work ethic, love, respect for others, that doesn’t know any color.”

-- Dabo Swinney (2016; in response to a question asking for his thoughts on Colin Kaepernick)

Worth reposting for those that dont remember what aepps20 aepps20 is referring to:

“I hate to see what’s going on in our country. I really do. I think this is a good world. I think this is a great country. It’s just that things get painted with a broad brush in this world these days.

“There’s more good than bad in this world. With Martin Luther King. I don’t know that there’s ever been a better man or better leader. To me, he changed the world. He changed the world through love in the face of hate. He changed the world through peace in the face of violence. He changed the world through education in the face of ignorance. And he changed the world through Jesus. Boy, that’s politically incorrect. That’s what he did. It’s amazing when we don’t learn from our past how you can repeat your mistakes.

“(The Bible) says, Love the Lord with all your heart, all your mind, all your soul. The second one is, love your neighbor as you’d love yourself. It doesn’t say love your neighbor from the same religion. It doesn’t say love your neighbor if they’re the same color as you. It doesn’t say love your neighbor if they pull for the same team as you. It doesn’t say love your neighbor if they’re the same gender as you, or whatever. (It doesn’t say) love your neighbor if they have the same sexuality as you. It just says, love your neighbor as you’d love yourself. If we all lived by that in this country, we wouldn’t have near the problems we have.

“There’s a lot of good police officers. There’s thousands of perfect traffic stops. Lot of good men. Lot of good women. But those don’t get the stories. There’s some criminals that wear badges. Guess what? There’s some criminals that work in the media. There’s some criminals that are football coaches. There’s some criminals that are politicians. There are criminals that work in churches. It’s so easy to say we have a race problem, but we got a sin problem. It’s just my opinion. That’s Dabo’s opinion.

“I think the answer to our problems is exactly what they were for Martin Luther King when he changed the world. Love, peace, education, tolerance of others, Jesus. A lot of these things in this world were only a dream for Martin Luther King. Not a one-term, but a two-term African-American president. And this is a terrible country? There are interracial marriages. I go to a church that’s an interracial church. Those were only dreams for Martin Luther King. Black head coaches. Black quarterbacks. Quarterbacks at places like Georgia and Alabama and Clemson. For Martin Luther King, that was just a dream. Black CEOs, NBA owners, you name it. Unbelievable.

“Now, does that mean that there’s not still problems? Yes. Where there’s people, whether they’re black, green, yellow, orange or white, there is going to be sin, greed, hate, jealousy, deceitfulness. There’s going to be that. That’s always going to be there. But attitude, work ethic, love, respect for others, that doesn’t know any color.”

-- Dabo Swinney (2016; in response to a question asking for his thoughts on Colin Kaepernick)
giphy (31).gif

Beautiful breakdown.

Can't be a yearly thing that the program lives by.

I don't think the transfer portal is fundamental anything about college football, its just bringing transparency to the process. Now there's a place a database that's visible to everyone that shows a players intent. It went to message boards rumors to a database. There isn't a single player who wouldn't have transferred otherwise that is transferring now due to the portal.

Bama is raiding everyone's staff

Honestly, that's the only hire he's made this off season that I like.

Maybe Xbox Tosh burnt him out on hiring young up and comers, but when your a coach with as much experience as he has, idk why you would want to fill your staff with a bunch of retreads.

Back
Top Bottom