OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Mike Farrell wrote something about Urban inching his way over to USC. It was copy pasted onto the 247 board but the mod deleted it. I don’t generally believe most of what Mike says and I don’t have a Rivals pass to post it here, so I don’t know if it’s just wild speculation. At this point where there’s as much smoke as there has been about him poking around there has to be the tiniest bit of truth to it right? Right...?
Farrell is absolutely awful, but don't think he's too far off on that one. Not that it really takes someone with inside sources to be predicting that though...

And LSU might be pretty ****ed if what's out there about the Our Lady of the Lakes stuff is true. Get that taxpayer money involved in the bag game and the place might be burning.

Elway throwing shade at college offenses:

Funny thing is that the one back stuff he ran in HS with his Dad was really the first "spread offense". http://smartfootball.com/offense/the-original-one-back-spread-offense#sthash.V8q1Xkut.dpbs

I don't think he was hating on college offenses or the shotgun though. The offense they want to run does require quite a bit of under center stuff (even lil shanny who has modernized it quite a bit still does a lot of the stuff his dad used to run from under center), and I can see where he was getting at when trying to explain why it's hard to project college QB's to the NFL.

He's an idiot for thinking Flacco has anything left and for probably drafting Drew Lock in the top 10 for all the wrong reasons, but I don't really see anything wrong with that soundbite.

And LSU might be pretty ****ed if what's out there about the Our Lady of the Lakes stuff is true. Get that taxpayer money involved in the bag game and the place might be burning.
If it were the NCAA, you know it'd end up in a big bag of nothing... The FBI might cause some problems.

They're saying it's just one kid and his parents were paid from 2012-2015, his likely period of enrollment. I could see the NCAA turning a blind eye and saying LSU didn't know it happened.

Wonder what Rush Propst got canned for this time?

EDIT: Nevermimd, found it -

“The Moultrie Observer, citing a school investigation summary obtained via an open-records request, reported that Propst's dismissal pertained to his providing medication to students, delinquent tax payments, and insubordination, among other issues.”

Hyperlink under “reported” provides a pretty in-depth rundown.

Last edited:
Lynn Swann says USC was ‘blindsided’ by alleged actions of administrator in college admissions scandal

https://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/la-sp-lynn-swann-usc-20190315-story.html

“The reason why no one would know that this was happening is because we had one person in charge of submitting the academic records to our admissions department,” Swann said. “And that one person was in charge of getting that information back and distributing it to the coaches and letting other people know. So when there’s trust that this one person is doing the right thing, which Donna had been doing for years, there’s not a problem. … So a coach could give her a list of five names and she could add a sixth name, give it to admissions, have it go through, admissions gives it back to her, she gives it back to the coach with only the five names that the coach gave her. The coach doesn’t know, no one knows, except for the person who added the extra name.”

Lynn Swann says USC was ‘blindsided’ by alleged actions of administrator in college admissions scandal

https://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/la-sp-lynn-swann-usc-20190315-story.html

“The reason why no one would know that this was happening is because we had one person in charge of submitting the academic records to our admissions department,” Swann said. “And that one person was in charge of getting that information back and distributing it to the coaches and letting other people know. So when there’s trust that this one person is doing the right thing, which Donna had been doing for years, there’s not a problem. … So a coach could give her a list of five names and she could add a sixth name, give it to admissions, have it go through, admissions gives it back to her, she gives it back to the coach with only the five names that the coach gave her. The coach doesn’t know, no one knows, except for the person who added the extra name.”

tenor.gif

oh ****! Pruitt was on that show. I didn't know much about him but his name always rang a bell for some reason. Wasn't he the DC at Hoover?

USC just lost Eric Ziskin, their recruiting director and the third or fourth best recruiter on staff behind Gavin Morris, Clay, and C Hawk.

He’s getting out of football completely. If past trends indicate anything SC prob won’t fill this opening for 1-2 years.

Back
Top Bottom