OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

56B7EF11-70BB-4634-9FDF-BF8A5245E99B.jpeg
58F8F2BC-0B6A-40BB-89C0-8C3E84D72BC2.jpeg
FB3126EA-8996-45EC-AE49-4F414393E16E.jpeg
1B44832F-F850-4A2E-BD8B-47FE116FA390.jpeg
@witnesskb24, we outchea .

As the resident USC guy, how high do you think JuJu's ceiling is, can he reach that top-flight OBJ territory? Wonder how much of Smith-Schuster's immense production and success last season you attribute to AB seeing doubles.

He’s not yet the route runner and isn’t the pure burner that OBJ is. Part of his production is definitely because of AB’s presence but Juju put up 1400+ yards last year. At some point people have to accept that’s as much talent as it is opportunity. It’s not like Ridley, Sheppard, or any of the other huge #2s did that.

Last edited:
Is JuJu going to play more on the outside this season? If not, it doesn't make much sense to compare him to a lot of those guys since he basically plays a different position.

I think we're getting to the point now where slots and perimeter guys should be viewed differently the same way EDGE and IDL, and OT and IOL are.

It's a big reason why a guy like N'Keal Harry is such a polarizing prospect.

Last edited:

Former SC staffer Keynote Hudson is at Illinois now and recruiting up a storm. Wole was a 5 star but only played football for a couple of years in HS so he’s still working to make it all click.

SC is upset that Tee/Tennessee is tampering with the receivers and Velus Jones is on a trip to Knoxville right now but they’re probably not going to do anything about it.

Why does it seem like USC is always whining about something other staffs are doing? :lol:

Because we’re food and other schools know it :lol:

There was a quote from an OU coach that was something along the lines of “USC is down right now so why not try to eat?”

“I saw a couple spring practices, including today, and I thought I'd share some observations:

There is no QB derby so any talk of this can be dismissed ASAP. Justin Fields is the guy - and he is VERY good. He is MUCH bigger than I anticipated. He has some Patrick Mahomes in his game. He has a smooth, over-the-top delivery but when he's facing pressure (which he faced quite a bit today behind your typical spring ball makeshift OL) he has a wicked side-arm delivery (similar to Mahomes). He will be a LOT of fun to watch. Thank GOD for the favorable NCAA ruling - Baldwin isnt ready yet. Chug looked better today.

NPF looks great. It's a good thing because its hard to say when/if Munford comes back this year. Young beat him badly once, Stud UNLOADED on him and the next series he came back and whipped Young and Cooper on consecutive plays. Josh Myers looks great at C. The incoming kid from Rutgers will definately play guard.

The Garrett Wilson hype is very real. He and Victor were the 2 best WR's on the field today (Hill has been on a pitch count).

Marcus Crowley is going to be a very good RB here. He is splitting reps with Teague, but Crowley has a pretty high ceiling, IMO. He is much bigger and "college ready" than I anticipated.

Walk-on WR Prater can play. Will he? Probably not when the game is on the line, but he is a guy that can earn a 'ship his senior year. He's better than a couple guys on scholarship.

The secondary is clearly better. Banks, Proctor, Johnson and Wade all looked good when I saw them. Okudah didnt get many reps (pitch count) and Fuller/DA were out today (I believe Fuller has been out all spring).

LB is still being sorted out. Harrison is a given, but they're trying to figure out the rest.

The DL is strong, but I think we'll get more out of Zach Harrison this year than I originally thought.

For a very obvious reason, our formations look very similar to what Michigan deployed during the Hoke years. Brendon White and his "new" spot seems to be the engine that makes the defense go.

If I think of anything else, I'll share.”

Is this from the 247 boards?

nako xl nako xl finally got out to a practice today. Man, our DB group is so bad and gonna be the reason we will have a hard time winning 9+. Straight food. ITS is garbage. Greg Johnson is tremendously awful. Awful. Ain’t no chance OG will ever be a player. Dude is tiny!! It’s a rough group. ROUGH

D-line is gonna be something else though. Drake is special. Will be an all American soon.

Wide receiver group is think but our top 4 is on par with any group in the country. Williams is in tremendous shape. Amon is Amon. Vaughn’s is a little frustrating. Pitt is Pitt.

I think I’m in love with Stepp. He’s an animal. Good luck tackling that tank. Carr looks to be in great shape.

O-line looks ok. Everyone looked huge but I don’t know if it’s because I’ve been to rice, unlv and cal recently and they don’t have 6’6” dudes like at usc.

Team looks ok. One thing that struck my boy and I when we left is how not in awe we are of JT. He’s just alright. Doesn’t blow your mind.

Our punter though!!! Good lord. He was booming kicks. 70 yard, 75 yard bombs on the regular. He’s built like a Greek god.

Whoa casper90403 casper90403 you ended up being kinda right about Ricks. LSU/SC boards are saying he is trying to leave Mater Dei by reclassifying and graduating this Spring. He’s taking extra classes at a vocational school or something.

EDIT looks like he’s transferring out of MD tona school that will let him do it. Another bad look for アミーゴ アミーゴ ’s 7th grade alma Mater.

Last edited:
Whoa casper90403 casper90403 you ended up being kinda right about Ricks. LSU/SC boards are saying he is trying to leave Mater Dei by reclassifying and graduating this Spring. He’s taking extra classes at a vocational school or something.

EDIT looks like he’s transferring out of MD tona school that will let him do it. Another bad look for アミーゴ アミーゴ ’s 7th grade alma Mater.
yeah, i think its IMG.

I'll give him a ride to the airport if he needs.

Is Ricks really going to end up at L$U?

Justin Flowe unofficial to Miami this weekend.

Is Ricks really going to end up at L$U?

Justin Flowe unofficial to Miami this weekend.
Ricks will end up at LSU especially if he transfers to IMG

If LSU has room for him right now he’s going there. If they don’t then... :nerd:

All of this seems to be happening because he’s over HS and wants to get out ASAP. LSU hadn’t planned for this so they didn’t make room for him this fall. It looks like they’d have to drop someone to get him in.

Also leave Justin Flowe alone.

I didn’t live in Newport during 7th grade >D

Last edited:
This has been circulating on Dawgs sites recently. Any truth to this? This guy might have bad information or he might just be a resentful Georgia fan. Personally, I'm over it. Justin did what was best for him and I wish him the best.

UGA fans have been bitter since the moment rumors on him leaving picked up steam. :lol: @witnesskb24 literally posted someone's view of practices on the team yesterday. No, he's not in a dog fight for the job with Matt Baldwin. Coach speak to make sure the kid doesn't transfer and kill depth.

Wow. Where to? DGW is SC right now. Ricks is too if he can’t enroll early at LSU.
Thats what I'm hearing. But that one doesn't make sense to me. I started to believe he was now serious about USC, especially with the scrubs we have. So leaving MD wouldn't make sense.

BUT, MD doesnt like kids graduating early, so maybe they found out these two wanted to leave early and they told them to take a hike.

Back
Top Bottom