OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

It’s USC or Oregon for Chris Steele. Both schools scrambling to make room but SC may be stuck at max.

Steele’s parents want him to enroll at SC especially after the “told you so” of the UF debacle and Steele wants to go to Oregon cuz of Donte Williams.

There may be additional Jalon Jones allegations coming? Yikes Florida. Plus dude who beat up his gf on Monday and the assistant coach who was arrested for threats last month?

Is any of this gonna fall on Mullen?

——————

SC insider is saying that the violation SC turned Florida in for last year was they were using the joint camp over the summer to meet with west coast recruits (not just Jonah Tauanua and Chris Steele) who weren’t registered for or involved in the camp. The UF coaches weren’t coaching like they were supposed to just doing a recruiting fair on SC’s campus :lol:

Last edited:
There may be additional Jalon Jones allegations coming? Yikes Florida. Plus dude who beat up his gf on Monday and the assistant coach who was arrested for threats last month?

Is any of this gonna fall on Mullen?

——————

SC insider is saying that the violation SC turned Florida in for last year was they were using the joint camp over the summer to meet with west coast recruits (not just Jonah Tauanua and Chris Steele) who weren’t registered for or involved in the camp. The UF coaches weren’t coaching like they were supposed to just doing a recruiting fair on SC’s campus :lol:
I thought the violation thing was well known. Didn't you post that?

And Mullen just won 10 games in Year 1 after UF won 4 the previous year. If Mullen doesn't win the East over the next 2 years, that's what will be the issue there.

I thought the violation thing was well known. Didn't you post that?

And Mullen just won 10 games in Year 1 after UF won 4 the previous year. If Mullen doesn't win the East over the next 2 years, that's what will be the issue there.

I did post about it. Didn’t know it was much broader than just the kids there and Steele and Tauanaa though.

Gators in shambles

giphy.gif

In some lighter Gator news, they will play a home and home with Texas in 2030-2031

If they still have a football program

Jay Butterfield to Oregon. Smart choice.

In before the Duck fans say he's better than DJ

No duck fans left. They died with Chip’s career.

Coincidentally this commitment happens the same weekend Bryce Young’s people said they’d never let him go to “a school where he was second to DJ.”

No duck fans left. They died with Chip’s career.

Coincidentally this commitment happens the same weekend Bryce Young’s people said they’d never let him go to “a school where he was second to DJ.”

He should have been second to DJ at every school in the country.

RIP, was the architect of the "Desert Swarm".

the funny thing is I was just thinking about this the other day. I've never understood the hype disparity we see so often between defensive backs and receivers. I feel like we see a ton of 6 ft 3, 6 ft 4 receivers but very few defensive backs at that same height. Think about how often we see a 6 ft 3 receiver covered by a 5 ft 10 corner. Is it just a self-selection thing? Do coaches move the taller kids to receiver and the shorter kids the defensive back?

the funny thing is I was just thinking about this the other day. I've never understood the hype disparity we see so often between defensive backs and receivers. I feel like we see a ton of 6 ft 3, 6 ft 4 receivers but very few defensive backs at that same height. Think about how often we see a 6 ft 3 receiver covered by a 5 ft 10 corner. Is it just a self-selection thing? Do coaches move the taller kids to receiver and the shorter kids the defensive back?

Yes but I also imagine it also has a little to do with if you’re 6’3” and flexible and agile enough to cover quick receivers then coaches want you on the field exploiting that athletic mismatch and scoring points against smaller corners.

There does seem to be a habit of moving bigger corners to safety also.

Last edited:
Saw this on Dawg Twitter. This story has all the elements of a great off-season recruiting story: unnamed friend of a friend, booster super close to the program and silent commits

Saw this on Dawg Twitter. This story has all the elements of a great off-season recruiting story: unnamed friend of a friend, booster super close to the program and silent commits

That’s not really a huge story. Even SC has blue-chip silent commits right now. It’s kids reserving spots. I don’t think that tweet is far fetched or even consequential bc those kids are silents in May and you’ll never know their names if in December they’re signing with LSU.

That’s it. They are staying out of each other’s threads. Steele posted a bunch of practice film showing him winning. It was pretty lame come back and made things a little worst for him.

Back
Top Bottom