OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Don’t know why he cares whether they’re paid legally? Honestly, what differences does it make? He should be eating that $93M out of the player’s asses since they got him that money.

Lowkey he’s a figure head and I bet the fact that HIS players at the only place he has any HCing experience at get paid is coloring this stupid hot take of his. It irks me that the bags are so heavy you can’t negative recruit against him and his doctrine.

Not as big a loss as it’s being made. He’s slow. And if we **** the bed Urban will sign him to SC, anyway, so, whatever.

You still get credit for hiring the right guys.

I think Bobby P could coach circles around most guys but if you replaced Dabo with him, after some initial success, he'd run that program into the ground. It takes a lot more than just X&O's to be an elite CFB coach, which Dabo is.

Being a clown and being a good football coach aren't two mutually exclusive things.

Don’t know why he cares whether they’re paid legally? Honestly, what differences does it make? He should be eating that $93M out of the player’s asses since they got him that money.

The black market keeps "wages" down, and an open market in which players got paid their actual value would probably disperse talent a little bit more evenly across the board among the P5.

Last edited:

I think Bobby P could coach circles around most guys but if you replaced Dabo with him, after some initial success, he'd run that program into the ground. It takes a lot more than just X&O's to be an elite CFB coach, which Dabo is.

Being a clown and being a good football coach aren't two mutually exclusive things.

The black market keeps "wages" down, and an open market in which players got paid their actual value would probably disperse talent a little bit more evenly across the board among the P5.

Agreed.

The article, in spite of its headline, makes no mention of players getting paid or how. I’d imagine in the effort of “fairness” every player would get paid equally, no? Because if it was strictly highest bidder, schools like Michigan, Texas, Alabama, TAMU, and the like wouldn’t even blink to get the very best players; it probably wouldn’t even be a contest. If they’re paying players, you think it’s going to be an open market? Or maybe I’m just misunderstanding your comment? I figured every P5 player gets X amount. Kinda like a stipend, but much much more generous.

I’m sure if you asked most players, they’d tell the universities they can keep their degree. Makes me laugh when some people say they get their education paid for. So does a kid on an academic scholarship, who more than likely doesn’t bring squat money-wise into school while they’re attending. Maybe down they road when they’ve made their millions, if that’s even the case...

Last edited:
I think an open market is what ultimately would be best for the players, but the best I think we can hope for is these guys being able to profit off their I&L.

What I'm expecting from that committee is a proposal that allows players to gain some compensation from some "select" I&L streams (Jersey', video games, advertisements through the university) but they won't be able to touch it until they exhaust their eligibility.

casper90403 casper90403 SC just offered your boy Ernest Greene that I think you talked about earlier. Biggins and GM were raving about him saying even though he’s only 2022 he may end up being the best OL Bosco has ever produced.

mag_mumme01_ahkm_1296x729.jpg

:pimp:

Wealthy, southern white guys grandstanding and always talking about religion while doing shady stuff on the back end and ensuring the players make nothing. I'm from Georgia, I know a lot of DLK types.
That's my point exactly. He's an obviously scummy dude hiding behind the guise or religion and morality. A Bible Belt special :lol:

casper90403 casper90403 SC just offered your boy Ernest Greene that I think you talked about earlier. Biggins and GM were raving about him saying even though he’s only 2022 he may end up being the best OL Bosco has ever produced.
yep. He will for sure be the best from Bosco. He's got it all. He's the reason why my nephew gets to move back to right guard.

Like we've said, if they win games, they should get him. He loves USC. I'd expect for USC to offer Max Gibbs as well. He's another monster BUT extremely raw. He's about 6'6 350 right now but was 400 lbs last season and couldn't play because of it. He hasn't even played a down of varsity and has offers from Oklahoma, ASU, Florida, FSU.

I'm actually headed down to Costa Mesa right now to watch them all compete in the Jesse Sapolu linemen challenge. Bosco is competing as a team.

You said your nephew’s not doing Rising Stars this year right? It’s a down year for California OLmen. He might be able to pull some big Pac12 offers.

You said your nephew’s not doing Rising Stars this year right? It’s a down year for California OLmen. He might be able to pull some big Pac12 offers.
No, not this year. This is probably the last one he does until he goes to college camps.

Very down year for Cali linemen, and we know it. We were just watching Livai from Narbonne tape last night. Nephew is better than him and he got a late offer when small schools were only offering. We will for sure get offers from Oregon state and Wazzu. The boy will blow up once the season starts, I have no doubts. But he’s in love with the Ivy’s. We”ll see if he feels the same when bigger schools come calling

Ummm, OK?

I’d take their rankings with a grain of salt. They have UCLA higher than Miami, Tennessee higher than them and LSU. Plus a handful of other dubious placements. I see FSU higher than Miami on a lot lists, but TBH, I’d rather have 5 NC than a whole bunch of Top 3/5 finishes. Only ones who care how many NC they barley missed out on, are homer fans. 5 NC > 3 NC/Top 5 finishes/bowl streak. Of course, it’s just my opinion. Still wouldn’t want to go through Miami’s pains the past decade or so. Just trying to be unbiased. Anyway, some are real head-scratchers on this list IMO. Like Clemson below Wisconsin and Arkansas? C’mon ...

Last edited:
Kenan Christon ran a 10.33 100-meter dash today. That’s .03 seconds off the California State record. He’s got about 4.2-4.3 straight line speed.

casper90403 casper90403 i heard there was a near brawl between Bosco and Serra parents at a camp today and that the Serra parents were going after Bosco kids after. Were you in the middle of that?

Bosco parents out of control? Does this absolve Elias Ricks and those kids for what happened when they played you last year?

casper90403 casper90403 i heard there was a near brawl between Bosco and Serra parents at a camp today and that the Serra parents were going after Bosco kids after. Were you in the middle of that?

Bosco parents out of control? Does this absolve Elias Ricks and those kids for what happened when they played you last year?
hahaha. I was actually the peacemaker. It was yesterday at the linemen competition. Nothing big. One of the Serra Dad's was talking back to a freshmen DE for Bosco (after Serra just beat us in the quarters) and the Mom wasn't having it. He was talking all kinds of nonsense about losing to Serra. I think the kid said something first to his own Mom (something along the lines of Serra is sorry - there was some questionable calls against Bosco so the kids were frustrated). But the adult should know better to talk back and basically say "bye, ya lost. Bye, exit is that one."

Serra pops was outnumbered but nothing was gonna happen. We have bigger fish to fry.

Bosco got a target on their backs wherever they go. Everyone wants to see them lose. They gotta know better.

Back
Top Bottom