OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

i know of a kid that's choosing to go to UNLV instead of Yale or Harvard. To me, thats just insane.

No chance my nephew chooses a San Diego St, Oregon State, Colorado St (just giving examples) over a Princeton, Yale, Harvard, Penn.

Take the 40 year plan.

Yeah I wasn’t going to Oregon State over Yale or even Dartmouth lol.

Kids need to think long term.

9DAF35EB-7292-467E-90BF-FF8C87C1C354.jpeg

Usd is also gorgeous

Obviously there’s exceptions lol. The views of Malibu are nice (though the actual buildings and architecture on campus are kinda trash) but I do stand by the north east regionally.

I got granted a scholarship to Pepperdine but that dry campus and Christian fundamentalist craziness ain’t it.

Views are awesome, but the areas of Malibu I've seen are pretty scuzzy. I prefer Santa Monica if I was living nearby, but that's just me. Also, I'm not a fan of organized religion, so I can see why you wouldn't want to attend. Don't blame you one bit

Pepperdine campus is not that great. Yes its near the beach, but the buildings are whatever. Almost has that JC feel to it.

And they have no football, so there's that.

The beach isn't that cool if thats what you are use to your whole life.

There are a lot of things about California I don't like, but the coastline isn't one of them. I think that's one of the things that make California so desirable to me; the cliffs and changes in elevation etc. The actually sand and water at the beach, I prefer the Gulf Coast. Anyway, one of the nicest drives I've ever taken was the coastline near Pebble Beach. Felt like a damn commercial.

Lived near the water my whole life and in a seagoing Service even though I'm in aviation; still doesn't get old to me to this day. My office is on Harbor Dr, directly across the street from the airport. One side I have the bay, the other a view of the SD skyline. Unless I decide I want to do Hawaii or Alaska one day, I'm sure I'll never have a better view.

9DAF35EB-7292-467E-90BF-FF8C87C1C354.jpeg

Usd is also gorgeous

Like 5 minutes down the road from me.

Views are awesome, but the areas of Malibu I've seen are pretty scuzzy. I prefer Santa Monica if I was living nearby, but that's just me. Also, I'm not a fan of organized religion, so I can see why you wouldn't want to attend. Don't blame you one bit

There are a lot of things about California I don't like, but the coastline isn't one of them. I think that's one of the things that make California so desirable to me; the cliffs and changes in elevation etc. The actually sand and water at the beach, I prefer the Gulf Coast. Anyway, one of the nicest drives I've ever taken was the coastline near Pebble Beach. Felt like a damn commercial.

Lived near the water my whole life and in a seagoing Service even though I'm in aviation; still doesn't get old to me to this day. My office is on Harbor Dr, directly across the street from the airport. One side I have the bay, the other a view of the SD skyline. Unless I decide I want to do Hawaii or Alaska one day, I'm sure I'll never have a better view.

Like 5 minutes down the road from me.
I take the coastline for granted. I currently live in Santa Monica and I forget about the beach. I don’t even hang at the beach here because it’s so damn touristy.

I take the coastline for granted. I currently live in Santa Monica and I forget about the beach. I don’t even hang at the beach here because it’s so damn touristy.

I get it. One of the things I don't particularly care for is the overcrowding at the beaches. Plus, quite a few in Southern California are kinda gross (PB and OB - smell like piss, alcohol, and too many bums and drunks around). We won't even put the rescue swimmers in the water after it rains because the bacteria runoff going into the water will make you/them sick. If it's a search and rescue case, completely different story. For training, it's a no-go.

Fortunately, I have 3 places I can go where either only the military has access or areas very few are allowed on. You literally have the whole beach to yourself. Occasionally, you'll an interruption. Made the mistake of going to Gator Beach on Coronado during the weekday and heard a whole bunch of yelling ... a few seconds later all the guys at BUDS were getting beat and the SEAL instructors had the whole class get in the water. Just made a point to go further south so I was out of their way.

Some of the Texas, Oregon (never been personally), and Florida beaches you can drive on, which is nice, especially when you're out there by yourself or with your family; not a care in the world.

Actually checking this place out in a couple of weeks. Looks fantastic

You may have to take a look at SDSU's females ... errrr "facilities", too

I get it. One of the things I don't particularly care for is the overcrowding at the beaches. Plus, quite a few in Southern California are kinda gross (PB and OB - smell like piss, alcohol, and too many bums and drunks around). We won't even put the rescue swimmers in the water after it rains because the bacteria runoff going into the water will make you/them sick. If it's a search and rescue case, completely different story. For training, it's a no-go.

Fortunately, I have 3 places I can go where either only the military has access or areas very few are allowed on. You literally have the whole beach to yourself. Occasionally, you'll an interruption. Made the mistake of going to Gator Beach on Coronado during the weekday and heard a whole bunch of yelling ... a few seconds later all the guys at BUDS were getting beat and the SEAL instructors had the whole class get in the water. Just made a point to go further south so I was out of their way.

Some of the Texas, Oregon (never been personally), and Florida beaches you can drive on, which is nice, especially when you're out there by yourself or with your family; not a care in the world.

You may have to take a look at SDSU's females ... errrr "facilities", too
For sure. We are hitting SDSU up on the Friday and than USD on Saturday. This one is a trip for me and his pops, mostly

Yeah, Bijan hasn’t been returning USC’s calls for a while now and out of the blue, he told them OV tomorrow.

I am getting some of this from another ‘20 player and his family. Lots of officials coming our way the next 10 days

Seems like UF mods are hinting that Chantz Williams isn't a take because of his sexual orientation? That's pretty wild if true.

Back
Top Bottom