OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Why did they even try recruiting him? I'm sure they knew he was a little sweet. I don't like UF, but doesn't make much sense.

They're not the only ones that are supposedly doing that. Very ****ed up for the kid, if true and if those are places that he really wanted to go, but I'm sure wherever he lands he will do well. Florida didn't land a DE last year or have anyone in the pipeline this year who's better than Chantz so them passing on him is crazy to me

Last edited:
Why did they even try recruiting him? I'm sure they knew he was a little sweet. I don't like UF, but doesn't make much sense.
They probably wanted Jalen Rivers at OT and it seemed like him and Williams were a package for the longest. No with Rivers headed to Miami they must have decided he wasn't a take.

What’d they say that hinted at that?

Chantz Williams was significantly better than Morven Joseph at The Opening Regional, while Joseph appears to be averaging 2 visits to other campuses every week this summer and still planning to take all five official visits.

Chantz is further along than Lloyd Summerall as well, and a better overall athlete.

It's disappointing that Chantz is supposedly not a take currently, but I've also seen this story before and they end up in UF's class.

That said, if Chantz picks elsewhere that's another hit to the perception of UF, and UF isn't exactly in position to take any more hits to their perception on the recruiting trail. Especially when I get messages from other powerhouse programs that say, "I'm starting to feel bad for UF."

If Chantz shows out at The Opening Finals to start July, it won't shock me to see him take the Curtis Dunlap route. Not a take after spring ball, gets some good reports out of The Opening Finals and creates some buzz, instantly becomes a take for UF.

This was the response from Luke Stampini in a thread where a bunch of posters were saying that they were hearing that he isn't a take. He's talking around it.

Dre, you think he's better than Bogle? Seems like he wants to play in a 3-4 so he dropped Miami from his finalists. I'm guessing that he isn't a take at UGA either?

You know what, I forgot they landed Bogle. I thought they just picked up Summerall as their rush end. Slipped my mind that he Flipped to UF from Bama. I'd say Bogle and Williams are pretty interchangeable.

They probably wanted Jalen Rivers at OT and it seemed like him and Williams were a package for the longest. No with Rivers headed to Miami they must have decided he wasn't a take.

This was the response from Luke Stampini in a thread where a bunch of posters were saying that they were hearing that he isn't a take. He's talking around it.

Dre, you think he's better than Bogle? Seems like he wants to play in a 3-4 so he dropped Miami from his finalists. I'm guessing that he isn't a take at UGA either?

Rivers seemed kinda feminine, too. I know they initially started off as a packaged deal and makes sense if UF wouldn’t take a Williams by himself, but if one or both are gay is what steered UF away this late into their recruitment, sounds odd.

At the end of the day, I guess stranger things in life have happened. Would be a shame if they passed because of his/their sexual orientation.

Last edited:
I think there's zero percent chance they passed on Rivers. Desperate for OT and they were going all out for him. Miami straight up beat them out in that recruitment. These murmurs have only been out there about Williams.

Is Chantz Williams officially out as a gay man?

If UF offered him a scholly they should take his commit. Dont let some rednecks in the fanbase make decisions.

Remember the players at Mizzou being fine with Michael Sam.

If UF offered him a scholly they should take his commit. Dont let some rednecks in the fanbase make decisions.

KSU has an openly gay dude that's a probable NFL guy this season too.

His Top 3 are Georgia, Florida and LSU. He didn't pick the most accepting and liberal schools. Maybe he's not all that concerned about it.

His Top 3 are Georgia, Florida and LSU. He didn't pick the most accepting and liberal schools. Maybe he's not all that concerned about it.
The kid is from the Southeast. Pretty natural that he ended up with schools in the region. How liberal the schools are have little to do with the coaching staffs that recruited him and offered schollys, but I digress.

Is it good? Downloaded the episodes this morning to listen to on the plane but passed out as soon as I got to my seat :lol:

Yes, they are pretty good. Somethings I already knew (i.e. how they lost Tyjon Lindsey because of Adidas bags, Percy Harvin beating up his teammate and his WR coach at the same time) and others I didn't (like Bret Beliema calling Chris Ash and telling him a recruit would no longer be taking an OV unbeknownst to the recruit :lol: :lol: ). I would just fast forward past all of the off field personal stuff

9286403.jpeg

Met Adam Sandler during his recruiting lunch at NOBU :lol:

Then SC offered a 4th teammate from his school yesterday :lol:

Let me guess who his next accidental run in is gonna be:

Yes, they are pretty good. Somethings I already knew (i.e. how they lost Tyjon Lindsey because of Adidas bags, Percy Harvin beating up his teammate and his WR coach at the same time) and others I didn't (like Bret Beliema calling Chris Ash and telling him a recruit would no longer be taking an OV unbeknownst to the recruit :lol: :lol: ). I would just fast forward past all of the off field personal stuff

Is it available on Spotify or Apple pods

Back
Top Bottom