OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Scathing article Tennessee football. I'll never say never but, similar to Nebraska, a lot of the things that made them successful in the 90s arrbt coming back and I don't see them being elite anytime. Some of these stars are just apalling:

• Tennessee has seven losing seasons in its past 11.
  • Five times in the past eight seasons, the Vols have won two or fewer SEC games and are 28-60 in league games since 2008.
  • Tennessee hasn't had a player selected in three of the past five NFL drafts.
  • Four full-time and two interim coaches in the past 10 years have combined for a 62-63 record.

What were you implying about UW?

I wasn’t implying anything. That article illustrates how Petersen arbitrarily nitpicks things about kids to justify not recruiting them. There’s also a convenient tendency by UW writers to claim that top kids that don’t choose UW aren’t Petersen “Our Kinda Guys” so they didn’t really even want them anyway.

———

It’s early rumors so it’s a whole bunch of nothing right now, but UCLA is trying to get out of their Rose Bowl deal and get in on the Rams stadium in Inglewood. @bigmike23 @casper90403

A lot of the same disadvantages Nebraska has now existed in the 90's. The only differences are Osborne being gone, and the walkon program being neutered.

UTk's problem is 3 bad coaching hires in a row, and the emergence of Clemson as an elite program. In the 90's UGA and Clemson were both down, and USCe was a joke.

Harbaugh FINALLY has his QB will be what they say when they lose again.

Year one: “ah it’s his first year he will be fine”

Year two: “ah man wait till he gets his players”

Year three: “man if we didn’t have those injuries and had our QB”

*Gets QB*

Year four: “...next year is the year”

Jim exceeded expectations in year one. No one outside of MI thought they were going to win more than 6 games that year.

Don’t disagree with the rest.

He didn't phrase this very well but I agree with the larger point he's making. There is a danger in delegitimizing mental illness if guys are going to just use it as an excuse to get immediate eligibility somewhere, and we shouldn't pretend that no one is going to do that.

It's true that Jim isn't qualified to determine the legitimacy of mental illness, but the NCAA isn't either and under the current circumstances they are doing that.

Rollin' up to my company holiday party with no damns given.
14.JPG

7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG
11.JPG
12.JPG
15.JPG

Back
Top Bottom