OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

I love the hypocrisy and double standard of sports fans when its their guy in trouble. This reminds of me of the response Baylor fans had when Art Briles got fired. They were using any justification to keep him around. Its surreal how people will defend somone through anything. witnesskb24 witnesskb24 has the right approach, you need to have the same perspective whether its your coach or not, I'd hate it if UGA had to fire Kirby, but if he was involved in covering up sexual assault or domestic violence, he'd need to go. period.

DO NOT put Kirby in these scumbag coaches shoes to make a hypothetical point. History already shows nobody at UGA is going for that. Fired an AD (Damon Evans, now at Maryland :nerd:) for infidelity and sent Jonathon Taylor packing for choking his girlfriend (ended up at Bama :nerd:), amongst others. None of that would get covered up in Athens, somebody's ***would be going to jail. period. Don't even put that energy out into the universe.

Kirby did recruit Jonathan Taylor to Alabama. Perhaps UGA as an institution wouldn't allow him to get away with that now, but that is on his record.

Kirby did recruit Jonathan Taylor to Alabama. Perhaps UGA as an institution wouldn't allow him to get away with that now, but that is on his record.

Imagine Saban telling you to recruit someone and you tell him no.

diddy.gif

Imagine Saban telling you to recruit someone and you tell him no.

diddy.gif

Sure, you still have the option though. No one was putting a gun to his head.

I'm not going argue either that people don't deserve second chances, but simply getting booted and spending a year at a JC is not enough to know whether someone has truly changed or not.

USATSI_8307099_168381178_lowres.jpg

Say man, if the tOSU gig doesn’t workout, lemme know. We can always use another consultant, Urbs.

Funny thing about Meyer’s mentor Earl Bruce is that he fired Saban at OSU back in the day.

I doubt Nick ever got over that

Are we still thinking Urban gets canned??? I can't see Gene doing the right thing and getting rid of a guy with a 95% win rate

Are we still thinking Urban gets canned??? I can't see Gene doing the right thing and getting rid of a guy with a 95% win rate

In any profession, how often do people on paid administrative leave ever come back?

I also would be surprised if this is Gene’s decision to make.

Ten years ago this wouldn’t even matter. With the #metoo movement so big (and rightfully so) I think they’re going to have to get rid of him.

The only thing they can do is say Urban fired him after he found out about the 2015 stuff (which we now know he already knew about) because as of now it’s basically just he said she said about him knowing. It’s kinda hard to prove someone knows something without concrete evidence (even though anyone with common sense can figure this out) like texts/emails.

I love a winning program but they gotta do what’s right. We’ll bounce back eventually if he’s gone

They’re going to exhaust every option. Probably see what next few days or week(s) yield. If it’s going to leave the university with a black eye, Urban is gone. I’m sure they don’t want a Penn State esque type debacle. Hell, the MSU ordeal adds fuel to the fire, too.

Conversely, I wouldn’t want to be too hasty either. They’re going to needy to prroceed with caution, but ... I think the outcome is probably inevitable, especially since they put him on admin leave. Writing appears to be on the wall for Meyers.

They may go through a few turds till they get it right, but they’re Ohio State. They have enough resources to burn to find the right replacement.

Last edited:
Urban's wife probably will blame herself. Based on her MAGA type social media posts wouldn't surprise me.

Cops who kill black people

Good point, besides in cases of police brutality and misconduct then.

OSU's number one goal right now should be to limit the potential blow back from this as much as possible. The digging in not going to stop if they keep Meyer, and McMurphy all day has been alluding that there is still stuff beneath the surface.

Urban is a great coach but Ohio State was Ohio State before Urban and they will be Ohio State after Urban. They need to cut bait, he's not bigger than the program.

Last edited:
Michigan's road schedule this year.

Yikes.

Conversely MSU's is garbage.

I used to hate having the @MSU and @OSU years on Michigan's schedule after DB got here, but now I think I'd rather have that rotation instead of @OSU, @PSU, and home against MSU.

NW basically being a home game helps this year tho.

Not defending Urban or trying to convince anyone because y’all already know my stance on the situation but just some stuff that’s been posted. The text one is super funny with the grammar, seems legit :lol:

66D352CF-10B4-463E-9D44-B0C50BDB9F76.jpeg
5BCBD5C6-AABF-4BE7-B5EA-FBAC393E7DF0.jpeg

DB7B005B-729F-4B7D-A831-6D250B5B0332.png

Back
Top Bottom