OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

They had definitely been selling that he was moving to BR for a while. :lol: Now they were protecting their sources by lying? :rofl: Ricks family still moved to BR though?

No the family never moved. They still live in So. Cal.

I wish I could post on those LSU boards. Their mods are who we thought they were.

Shea's usually a decent mod. Don't really keep up with Sonny much to know if he's worth anything.

But isn't Shea the one that started the #5for5 movement the year they landed like 1 of the 5 5-stars at the All American games when he was selling his fanbase all 5 of them? (I believe it was Speedy Noil's year)

And John Garcia is a regional analyst, gotta figure he's gonna be fed different information than a school-specific mod will be regarding intended visits/actual interest, etc. Probably doesn't have as close of sources but gets more honest info directly from the recruit at a camp type setting.

Last edited:
Yea, Garcia is good. It's Shea/Embody who have been selling these dreams to their crazy fanbase :lol:. Forgot all about that 5 for 5 nonsense :lol:

Phew :emoji_sweat_smile: the UW jerseys are trash. I was a little worried there.

Fall from grace confirmed.

07102019_new-uni1_090217-1560x1041.jpg

UW2-1020x1529.jpg

UW1-1020x1529.jpg

07102019_new-uni34_090225-1560x1041.jpg

07102019_new-uni3_090221-1560x1041.jpg

Nike needs to start paying these schools though. It can’t be all about Oregon. They gave FSU a 10 year $50M deal after winning the national championship meanwhile UA gave UCLA a 15 year $280M deal and UW just got 10 years $119M.

Why would any school reup with Nike?

Last edited:
Phew :emoji_sweat_smile: the UW jerseys are trash. I was a little worried there.

Fall from grace confirmed.

07102019_new-uni1_090217-1560x1041.jpg

UW2-1020x1529.jpg

UW1-1020x1529.jpg

07102019_new-uni34_090225-1560x1041.jpg

07102019_new-uni3_090221-1560x1041.jpg

Nike needs to start paying these schools though. It can’t be all about Oregon. They gave FSU a 10 year $50M deal after winning the national championship meanwhile UA gave UCLA a 15 year $280M deal and UW just got 10 years $119M.

Why would any school reup with Nike?

They re-up because they don't want ugly jerseys

They're just meh.

The stripes weren't executed well. Supposedly they were inspired by these

mark-brunell-washington-huskies-1993-classic-4-sport-gold-card-1-of-3900-9.jpg

If they wanted to go with more of a "classic" look, they should have just asked for a UW version of what Nebraska has now.

AdrianMartinez_2_2018_5.jpg

Gotcha, they didn't blow me away but I definitely didn't think they were trash. Nike has been skating on average jerseys for a whileeee now.

Gotcha, they didn't blow me away but I definitely didn't think they were trash. Nike has been skating on average jerseys for a whileeee now.

In Nike’s sole defense kids at Tenn, UCLA and ND were complaining about the quality of the adidas jerseys and you don’t hear that as much with them.

In Nike’s sole defense kids at Tenn, UCLA and ND were complaining about the quality of the adidas jerseys and you don’t hear that as much with them.
That's a fair critique, which I haven't seen. We're obviously talking about designs though, and Nike resting on its past laurels with that FOR SURE.

They’d actually probably be well suited to follow their Arkansas model and just do remakes of past glory jerseys a la the Arkansas joints. Let Adidas and UA go crazy and just keep things plain and classic on everyone but Oregon. Maybe pick one school per conference to go crazy with.

This was a complaint with Michigan too.

From what I hear UA's FB stuff is quality, but it's not as aesthetically pleasing as Nike.

Kerwin Bell is a name to keep an eye on for Michigan fans if Gattis is a one and done. He was one of the guys Jim was looking at before hiring Gattis.

Back
Top Bottom