OFFICIAL 2021 MIAMI DOLPHINS OFFSEASON THREAD: AND WITH THE 3RD PICK OF THE........

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE BRIAN FLORES HIRE AS HEAD COACH?

• YOU LIKE

• YOU NO LIKE

Results are only viewable after voting.
He throws more picks than anyone.

He hasn’t won in 3 years.

I think the Dolphins secured 3 to 5 wins max.

Along with that, don’t know if the Dolphins will be in play for Haskins. In that case, you’ve got yourself a pro/teacher to help.

upload_2019-3-21_8-32-18.png

We've traded Quinn to the Cowboys for a 2020 6th round pick.

That means, as of right now, we have

1st
2nd
3rd
3rd (James Comp)
4th
4th (Tannehill deal)
5th
5th (Wake Comp)
6th
6th (Quinn deal)
7th
7th (Lucas deal)

And about 120 mil in cap space.

2019 Draft, simply trade down 1-2 times, take as much talent as you can get, try to get an extra 2-3 picks this year OR next year.

And we can trade Reshad Jones for a pick in June-July and I don't care what for. 5-6-7 whatever. We could get up to 12-13 picks next year and all that cap space if they play this right.

Tunsil, Howard, Minkah, Drake, Grant, 2019 first, 2019 second, and if we can add 1-2 more young pieces to this core, like maybe DVP becomes something......then all the better.

I would say Jones and Stills could be a possibility.

Eat the cap, pay for draft picks. Yes yes.

If Charles can do anything then yes... curious to see how Flo uses him.

Rest of the defense is looking nice. Rock Ya Sin or Joejuan fall to Dolphins in the second and they could really have something.

Ultimately would love two trade downs, grab McCoy or Jenkins at center. Go back grab a Corner or Guard. Connor or Greg Little.

Last edited by a moderator:
Other wishlist at some point:

Dalton Risner
Zach Allen
Chase Winovich*
JJ A-White
Joe Jackson
Gerald Willis
David Sills
Jaquan Johnson
Travis Homer/Bryce Love

Other wishlist at some point:

Dalton Risner
Zach Allen
Chase Winovich*
JJ A-White
Joe Jackson
Gerald Willis
David Sills
Jaquan Johnson
Travis Homer/Bryce Love

Continued wishlist update:

TRADE DOWN! - get a 4th, two 5ths and a 6th somehow.

Joe Jackson
David Sills**
Jaquan Johnson
Travis Homer/Bryce Love

Along with them, Guard - Center and RT must be addressed somehow.

Yodny (Pats - dammit) or Prince - RT
Connor (Cowboys), Bars, Power or Beau - G
Ross or Gaillard - C (I’d be really happy with either)

I would prioritize trade down and getting the 3 first. Must get some lime help and depth.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Thoughts:

Rosen doesn’t Marry the Dolphins to a singular person for 3 - 4 years. It’s the opposite, he’s cheap labor with high upside. Dolphins picked up a 2020 2nd rounder as the supplement to the trade in this draft.

Having 2 for next year negates this years pick (sort of).

I think he is the one person or entity that proves the Dolphins will invest in the future with Rosen. Conduct, work ethic, how the team and locker room responds, wins, etc.

If this dude magically gets THIS Dolphins team to 7-9/8-8/9-7, 3,500- 4,000 yards, 30 TDs, > 15 ints... then there could be something there. I think he fits well with what O’Shea does. Timing based, Oline and WR checks, and must be smart. Apparently that’s what Rosen is... seems to be a match.

What I don’t overlook is Grier. He wouldn’t do something he doesn’t like. Last 3 years and picks, this 1st pick... Minkah, LBs, just shows he has his vision.

Dolphins will have 120+ mil in cap space next year.

A likely Top 5 pick
2nd
2nd (Saints)
3rd
3rd (James Comp)
4th
4th (Tannehill)
5th (Wake Comp)
6th
6th (Quinn)
7th
7th (Lucas)

Josh Rosen the 10th pick last year.
Minkah the 11th pick last year.
Wilkins the 13th pick this year.
Tunsil the 14th pick 3 years ago
Xavien Howard
Kenyan Drake
Grant
Charles Harris
Mike Geisicki
Mike Deiter

Hopefully a couple others step up. Stills, DVP, Ballage?

If we take a QB with that Top 5 pick, we simply flip Rosen just like Arizona did. Get a 3rd, 4th, whatever.

Can still move Reshad and Kiko for anything. I'd gladly take a 7th.

Last edited:
Dolphins coming up... a lot still on the board. Would be great to see them trade down 10 spots and pick up more. They need depth and players.

Or just go Ross.

Regardless the Dolphins are going to be ridiculously active right after the draft ends.

Prince COULD be our RT, maybe. Not saying he's a lock, but he played there for Ohio State, battled Bosa every day in practice, he just has some technical issues we'll have to coach up. Physically he has it. But we have to develop it. Dallas Thomas had it physically, we saw how that worked out. :lol:

The Wisky LB is a freak athlete, which is more than what Rake is. But he and Baker might be somethin fun. They can move at least.

Gaskin the RB from Washington, same thing. He had over 1,200 yards all 4 years at Washington. He can run the ball. But he also has over 1,000 touches at the college level, he is what he is. If we use him with Drake and Ballage, he could be a decent piece late in games.

DT, OLB from Clemson and Wisconsin
OG, OT, RB, FB from Wisconsin, Ohio St, Washington and Auburn.

We went big time programs and guys that played 2-3-4 years as starters. Now just need to hit on a couple of them.

Add to that we landed Rosen and a 2020 2nd round pick. I can't imagine anyone not bein happy with this draft.

2020.......that's gonna be fun. If Rosen hits, we could use our 1 at DE, and 2 2's at CB/OT, or CB/DE (doubling up)
If Rosen busts, we go QB Rd 1, and DE/CB in round 2, and maybe OT/LB in round 3 (and still have 7 more picks to use)

:pimp:

Sills, Beau and Gerald still out there last I saw.

If SOMEHOW they could grab both. I’d be very happy with this weekend looking into training camp and 2020 free agency/draft.

I would say Jones and Stills could be a possibility.

Eat the cap, pay for draft picks. Yes yes.

Armando and Barry Jax reporting on it as well.

Hope a decent return for 2020 draft. 3rd or 4th and I’m happy. Replaces and improves the 5th the Dolphins trades for Rosen.

Zero chance at 3 or 4 at his age/salary. Take anything. 5-6-7 whatevs and be thrilled.

We could pay a huge piece of his salary to "improve" the pick. Like a 6th to a 5th type come up, but no way they could buy up a 3rd-4th. If they got a 4th it would be one of our best trades in history. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom