**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. Precisely. If you're doing business with Lebron, (Which everyone was on board with before the season started) You knew that it was going to speed up the timeline. Besides AD is a generational talent who's worth it.

But when you miss in the draft, and mismanage assets, you get screwed in potential future deals like Anthony Davis.

Not only would the Lakers be better with those guys instead of Zo, but they also would be easier to flip in an AD deal.

You can't believe this and in the same breath say that they should have drafted one of Fox, Mitchell or Lauri... The Plan has ALWAYS been two stars.... to go along with our other young guys (Ingram being the main peace). So Lebron, Superstar #2 (In 95% of these cases, that's a really high usage, ball dominant player) and Ingram who is also at his best with the ball in his hands.

All three of those guys wouldn't be anywhere near the player they are considered to be now if they were brought in to be a third/fourth option. The Lakers picked the player they thought fit best with the roster they envisioned & that may still very well be the correct move.

Again, context. Dame is a great player but he probably won’t won’t s title. I shouldn’t appreciate his skills even if he’s an early exit every year?

Context

I don't like all this swelling all up Claude

6093ca5c-08d7-4921-a8b8-a39fcf206cc9_screenshot.jpg

I'm just quoting you

You can't believe this and in the same breath say that they should have drafted one of Fox, Mitchell or Lauri... The Plan has ALWAYS been two stars.... to go along with our other young guys (Ingram being the main peace). So Lebron, Superstar #2 (In 95% of these cases, that's a really high usage, ball dominant player) and Ingram who is also at his best with the ball in his hands.

All three of those guys wouldn't be anywhere near the player they are considered to be now if they were brought in to be a third/fourth option. The Lakers picked the player they thought fit best with the roster they envisioned & that may still very well be the correct move.

Why can't I believe that?

Picking Fox, Mitchell, or Lauri would have allowed them to more easily trade for Superstar #2 if they wanted to go that route, that's one of the points I was making.

You think NO doesn't bite the bullet on that trade if it involves BI AND Mitchell/Fox/Lauri? I think you have a much better chance at making that trade happen.

I think Those guys would have simply been better in year 2 w/the Lakers than Zo has been. Easily.

Again, context. Dame is a great player but he probably won’t won’t s title. I shouldn’t appreciate his skills even if he’s an early exit every year?

Context

If context is that important to you then you should FULLY understand why people slander Harden, nobody says he isn't a good player, that he isn't a top player in the league...... However when people start putting him in convos like Best offensive player ever, Best player in the league, mentioning him with the Kobe's & Mike's of the world......... brakes gotta be tapped

Picking Fox, Mitchell, or Lauri would have allowed them to more easily trade for Superstar #2 if they wanted to go that route, that's one of the points I was making.

You think NO doesn't bite the bullet on that trade if it involves BI AND Mitchell/Fox/Lauri? I think you have a much better chance at making that trade happen.

I think Those guys would have simply been better in year 2 w/the Lakers than Zo has been. Easily.

NOBODY had Mitchell slotted as a top 3 pick before that draft. Even Lari. In hindsight yeah we can say they should've took them but it's not like Zo was trash either. There were people that weren't a fan of him but he was still an amazing facilitator and could actually get to the bucket (and finish |l). Fox I'll give you that, he bested Zo in the tourney and showed more promise on defense (even though I think Zo is a better defender now).

If context is that important to you then you should FULLY understand why people slander Harden, nobody says he isn't a good player, that he isn't a top player in the league...... However when people start putting him in convos like Best offensive player ever, Best player in the league, mentioning him with the Kobe's & Mike's of the world......... brakes gotta be tapped

I’m the first to tell you Harden shoots too many contested 3s or looks for a bail out call. No Harden fan is oblivious.

But at the same time, skillwise he’s on par with Kobe, the numbers prove it. He just hasn’t got over the mountain. Y’all can keep slandering though. He’ll end up being the 3rd or 4th best player ever at his position whether you like him or not.

Guys don't want to play for bad management either. Y'all have been getting spurned by free agents pre-Lebron too. Trading the face of the league just doesn't seem like it'll make things more appealing over there. LeBron aside, Magic and Pelinka haven't exactly knocked it out the park running the team either.

Except we don't have any evidence or reports of it being management related. When Magic took over and prior to Bron getting here there were reports about PG, Kawhi and even Jimmy Butler interested in joining the Lakers as free agents.

Lebron reportedly called PG to let him know he was coming, PG said no thx I'm good in OKC.

We've all seen the multiple reports about Jimmy and Kawhi not thrilled with the prospect of playing with him. Management was the same throughout (when they were willing to be Lakers) so what was the catalyst for their sudden change of heart?

This isn't hard to see.

No they wouldn't trade him to us regardless because of how the situation was handled. And teams ste actively colluding to not have stars getting traded to LA we've seen it for 3 straight seasons.

Well #1 I don't think NO bites the bullet if one of those guys are involved because they didn't want to appease AD or the Lakers.

But my main point in that post was that The Lakers planned on having a team with Two superstars by Lonzo's second year. Donovan Mitchell doesn't look the way he has in Utah if he's the third/fourth option behind Lebron & star #2 (PG, Cousins, Kawhi), Fox doesn't look anything like he has this year as a third/fourth, same with Lauri.

All three of those guys were given ample opportunity to be the #1 options on offense & go through their failures w/o any immediate expectations. I'm just stating that because of less opportunity & smaller roles their stock would be nowhere near where it's at now on their respective teams.

Except we don't have any evidence or reports of it being management related. When Magic took over and prior to Bron getting here there were reports about PG, Kawhi and even Jimmy Butler interested in joining the Lakers as free agents.

Lebron reportedly called PG to let him know he was coming, PG said no thx I'm good in OKC.

We've all seen the multiple reports about Jimmy and Kawhi not thrilled with the prospect of playing with him. Management was the same throughout (when they were willing to be Lakers) so what was the catalyst for their sudden change of heart?

This isn't hard to see.
You've been one of the main guys in here saying that PG's reason for not coming was a beef between Mintz and Pelinka. Don't switch it up to make Bron look worse when convenient. Kawhi wants his own show. That's simply not possible when LeBron is involved. Jimmy wants the bag and being the guy. We've already had the discussion that those wings are chasing him as well. It's solely not some aversion to LeBron as you suggest.

I’m the first to tell you Harden shoots too many contested 3s or looks for a bail out call. No Harden fan is oblivious.

But at the same time, skillwise he’s on par with Kobe, the numbers prove it. He just hasn’t got over the mountain. Y’all can keep slandering though. He’ll end up being the 3rd or 4th best player ever at his position whether you like him or not.

and this is where we're just gonna agree to disagree :lol::lol:

You've been one of the main guys in here saying that PG's reason for not coming was a beef between Mintz and Pelinka. Don't switch it up to make Bron look worse when convenient. Kawhi wants his own show. That's simply not possible when LeBron is involved. Jimmy wants the bag and being the guy. We've already had the discussion that those wings are chasing him as well. It's solely not some aversion to LeBron as you suggest.

"That's not possible when Lebron is involved" DUH that's the entire point.

We've had multiple reports about guys not wanting to play with Bron for whatever reason and y'all really sitting here being obtuse.

NOBODY had Mitchell slotted as a top 3 pick before that draft. Even Lari. In hindsight yeah we can say they should've took them but it's not like Zo was trash either. There were people that weren't a fan of him but he was still an amazing facilitator and could actually get to the bucket (and finish |l). Fox I'll give you that, he bested Zo in the tourney and showed more promise on defense (even though I think Zo is a better defender now).

I agree with you that no one had Mitchell or Lauri slotted that high. That's true. I'm simply saying that they were better pro prospects and the Lakers would of benefitted at this very moment had they been able to identify that.

And it's somehow insinuating Zo's rep is low around the league which doesn't seem to br the case. In fact I'd definitely surmise that he's valued way more in the league than he is on NT. He was the prospect the Pels apparently coveted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom