---OFFICIAL 2020 New England Patriots Season Thread--- OFFSEASON THREAD

our running game is sick tho at least

michel really played awesome once back

and harris looks awesome
Yea no real complaints about the run game :lol:,.Harris was a revelation and Sony stepped up after coming back once he saw him coming for his spot :lol:. JJ Taylor also looked explosive during the rare snaps he got so really not worried about the run game.

Would love to see White back but like Sharpshoeter13 Sharpshoeter13 said, he's done so much for the team that he deserves to make whatever decision is best for him at this point. Especially with what he went through personally recently.

Meant the offense needs to be retooled big time in terms of the other skill positions, Myers looks like a gamer and Gunner's useful in the return game but really can't rely on a banged up and soon to be 35 y/o Edelman and Harry if the squad's gonna compete.

Also need some semblance of a threat at TE, makes no sense the only TE TD came in week 17 in a 2020/21 NFL :lol: :smh:

Yea no real complaints about the run game :lol:,.Harris was a revelation and Sony stepped up after coming back once he saw him coming for his spot :lol:. JJ Taylor also looked explosive during the rare snaps he got so really not worried about the run game.

Would love to see White back but like Sharpshoeter13 Sharpshoeter13 said, he's done so much for the team that he deserves to make whatever decision is best for him at this point. Especially with what he went through personally recently.

Meant the offense needs to be retooled big time in terms of the other skill positions, Myers looks like a gamer and Gunner's useful in the return game but really can't rely on a banged up and soon to be 35 y/o Edelman and Harry if the squad's gonna compete.

Also need some semblance of a threat at TE, makes no sense the only TE TD came in week 17 in a 2020/21 NFL :lol: :smh:

All of this!

for real tho, Pats just need a DECENT QB who could complete simple, short-yardage passes. Most of Cam’s throws were to the ****ing ground or overthrows, and those KILLED them in terms of momentum.

I ****s with Jakobi and Gunner tho. I see them getting more reps cuz I know BB gon’ **** it up in the draft. Watch N’Keal transition to TE or some form of WR2 at best

Just had to get this off my chest yall...

We can all agree that Tom Brady is the ULTIMATE competitor ever. Dude really knows how to work whatever situation he’s in into his favor, and he’s done it time and time after again. With that win, I now see and think of BB differently because of how he mishandled the contract negotiations between the Krafts, and Brady. I’ve gave BB the benefit of a doubt as the season went on, but when TB12 started to come through with the Bucs (despite a shortened offseason), BB just looked funnier and funnier.

Wife and I talked about this last night that what if BB just gave TB his money, maybe some weapons, too, and call it a day? The Pats were 12-4 the year before with a barren collection of offensive weapons. I’m quite certain that if BB just prioritized TB, things would’ve been definitely different. I also think that that’s how you preserve the “BB legacy” knowing that Tom will never go to the SB without BB since nothing is guaranteed anyway.

But now? I’d be livid if I was the Krafts knowing damn well that Tom still got IT, and also feel STUPID that they didn’t do enough to make it work with TB12.

that’s all yall. I’m happy for Tom but it’s just bittersweet like what rolaholic rolaholic said :lol:

Agree with everything you said man.

Will always love Hoodie but in hindsight he's made some real questionable short term judgement calls lately that it feels you have to chalk up to hubris more than any solid calculation.

From the benching of Butler against Philly, to wanting to get rid of TB for Jimmy G only for him to help get to 3 straight SB's and win 2 after.

Leaving the cupboard bare offensively for years and having no real succession plan for TB is the most egregious example given how preventable it was and I'm sure Kraft might be having second thoughts about letting his 'son' go.

Again, still will always respect the hell out of him but I feel BB kinda set the team back with how he handled the situation the last few years

Bruuuuuhhhhh Felger and Mazz are exceptional at SPINNING a lotta ****.

a LOT of backpedaling after all the signings

getting real anxious about not having a quarterback again.

we should have made that deal with miami

i mean they prob wouldnt have traded with us but still

Thank you Julian Edelman. Went from a Wes Welker 2.0 to being one of the greatest slot receivers of all time.
Will he get into the Hall of Fame? Depends on who you ask. One hell of a player and he will be missed.

Thank you Julian Edelman. Went from a Wes Welker 2.0 to being one of the greatest slot receivers of all time.
Will he get into the Hall of Fame? Depends on who you ask. One hell of a player and he will be missed.

I think he’ll get into the HOF some time in the future. They kinda weigh/judge stats differently for the NFL HOF. But for the Pats HOF, he’ll probably be inducted next season or so :lol:

Didn’t think Mac Jones would be available but he was baby. I see potential in this kid, mobility is so overrated in this league. Look at the past 20 Super Bowl winning quarterbacks, how many of them have been truly mobile? Let’s roll baby

Last edited:
I’m banking on the Pats system to fully utilize Jones’ potential. Dude has the qualities of what you look for in a pocket passer.

But I can’t say that I don’t feel disappointed that BB didn’t do “enough” to get Fields. Might as well mortgage future picks for Fields because he’s RIGHT THERE for the taking.

Bears are just gonna ruin Fields anyway :sick: :smh:

yeah while i'm not super excited about Jones, i'm 100% glad we were able to get a potential "guy" and not trade up something ridiculous to get him. most "fans" seem down on Jones but so many "experts" have him an accurate, smart, quick decision maker, and immobile mobile QB...which you would think SHOULD thrive in McDaniel's offense. so i'm on board for now and willing to keep an open mind

the rest of the draft i thought was meh. sounds like Barmore has some growing up to do but has potential. Perkins seems promising for sure and sounds like he has some meanness which we lack. Tre Nixon could be interesting...as bad as we are picking WRs earlier on, i feel like we're not bad with the late round and UDFA types. so we'll see. and then Sherman, hopefully he give us some OL depth pretty immediately. can never have too many OL and sounds like he could play pretty much anywhere on the line

i'm excited for camp and some of the position battles we're gonna see

jones was the last quarterback i wanted because i wanted someone exciting like lance or fields.

its funny because i did a ton of research on all these guys out of boredom and even before we took jones i said this guy might end up being the best one in this class.

his intangibles that matter in the nfl and not to fans like us are incredible. some teams have gone as far as saying hes the most intelligent quarterback theyve ever interviewed...coupled with the fact that he was even more accurate than burrow.

as much as i wanted fields, in reality a 4.4 does nothing for us with a qb. lamar jackson ran faster i think and hes awful imo lol.

im kinda excited. this could be the best case scenario pick for both the player and the team

also dont sleep on that stevenson pick at RB. dude is blount 2.0

I absolutely did not want a mobile quarterback. If you look at the last 20 years or so, how many mobile quarterbacks have won the Super Bowl? Russell Wilson and Patrick Mahomes, those are the only two that I can think of.

the ability to read defenses, and most importantly accuracy win games baby.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom