---OFFICIAL 2020 New England Patriots Season Thread--- OFFSEASON THREAD

that's a tough call. we're going to emphasize the run against them, im sure. but if we go down by more than a score which is highly possible, it's going to be empty set and throw it down the field. i'm playing Brady over Jimmy G in a dome this weekend if that helps :lol:

I’m also starting Tyreek. Not sure which version we’re getting on Sunday...the one that destroyed you guys the other two times he played you or the one that was held to one catch for 43 yards against you in the playoffs.

Guy I’m playing has Mahomes and Kelce. So hoping Patriots shut everyone down besides Tyreek....

I’m also starting Tyreek. Not sure which version we’re getting on Sunday...the one that destroyed you guys the other two times he played you or the one that was held to one catch for 43 yards against you in the playoffs.

Guy I’m playing has Mahomes and Kelce. So hoping Patriots shut everyone down besides Tyreek....

damn. i dunno if we can cover Kelce. hopefully there's some weather involved to help you out :lol:

damn. i dunno if we can cover Kelce. hopefully there's some weather involved to help you out :lol:

Kelce actually hasn’t done much at all vs you guys any of the times he’s played the Patriots. Tyreek killed you guys both times the past two years in the regular season but Kelce hasn’t done anything in any of the matchups really.

Kelce actually hasn’t done much at all vs you guys any of the times he’s played the Patriots. Tyreek killed you guys both times the past two years in the regular season but Kelce hasn’t done anything in any of the matchups really.

yeah for sure, but i think they're going to focus hard on Hill and Mecole. and Ertz really had his way with us and the Ravens TE's didn't go off but went for like 7, 50, and a TD. i think Chung has been banged up and struggling against the TEs a bit this year. especially in the red zone. i can see Kelce getting at least a TD

Guessing they try to get Jamie Collins to help contain Kelce.

word

speaking of Jamie, he been a little quiet lately in terms of making big plays. i think they def. haven't been as aggressive with the better QBs we've faced.

on to Cincinnati...

the last time we said this was after a loss v the chiefs as well...that turned out alright! :lol:

but yeah, i'm not going to blame the officiating despite how bad it was. having multiple TDs taken away is just back breaking. that said, we had our chances. our offense just isn't delivering. it takes trick plays and smoke & mirrors to drive the field and score points. it's just not good enough. OL protection is an issue. WR drops are an issue. Brady missing throws in the face of pressure is an issue. and McDaniels redzone offense remains an issue. there's just so much that's not working. and for **** sake, give me more James White and less Sony Michel.

but we're on to Cincinatti :pimp:

I turned on the radio heading back from where I was, when I heard they did a flea-flicker... and I was like, 1st Quarter and we’re already doing trick plays???” :rofl:

that was a solid win. a few plays kept us from REALLY making that one convincing but that was a good step forward for sure.

defense locked it down on that final drive and made up for a few blown coverages that really made it interesting. the offense moved the ball really well tonight but some of the playcalling and penalties really killed some drives. but Brady looked a lot better...was moving the ball down field even when Jules went out. against a pretty good defense, too. i loved that he was throwing to Harry even when Tre White was on Harry. that's putting trust in the kid for sure. but Harry, Lacosse, Watson, Meyers...he went to all of em. good to see.

where's Dorsett been doe? saw him on the field for a few snaps but he's been ghost. same with White. i'm hoping they're saving White for the playoffs and keeping him fresh. need to unleash that dude though at some point

we need some life in here.

going to the game tomorrow. not gonna lie i was pretty furious my tickets turned into the wild card game because of miami but it is what it is.

where are we at in terms of hopes for this post season. saying mine aren’t high is an understatement.

but if the defense wakes up anything can happen i guess...right?

Hopes are low. The offense just isn't that good. The weather is a big if though. The sloppier the better, because it could take some big play potential away from the Titans who will be playing loose with not much to lose and no real expectations.

I wouldn't be surprised if we won. I'd be shocked if we went to Arrowhead and won though.

Hopes are low. The offense just isn't that good. The weather is a big if though. The sloppier the better, because it could take some big play potential away from the Titans who will be playing loose with not much to lose and no real expectations.

I wouldn't be surprised if we won. I'd be shocked if we went to Arrowhead and won though.

i don’t know if im being pessimistic but i don’t think the titans are getting enough credit for a possible run to the superbowl

as for against the pats. i honestly don’t see how we even match up to them. their offense is running like a locomotive. and the little giants could stop whatever brady is leading out there

i’m 5-0 at playoff games ive attended so let’s see

this is EXACTLY how i feel, man

amarano amarano have fun at the game. could be the last time you see Brady at Gillette!! take it in!

been thinking about this all day. i wonder what he will decide to do

i’m a huge brady fan and the selfish side of me gotta admit i wouldn’t even mind seeing them lose if it meant i was at his last game. i guess maybe it’s different because i feel like after they beat seattle it’s all been icing on the cake since.

what do you’s think about his future starting with tomorrow night? me, i can’t see them having restructured his contract to be a free agent next year just to sign him especially if they’re bounced early.

what do you’s think about his future starting with tomorrow night? me, i can’t see them having restructured his contract to be a free agent next year just to sign him especially if they’re bounced early.

i know a lot of people keep saying they can't see him playing anywhere else. but i think that's flat out wrong. i think him in another uniform is HUGE possibility if they don't give him an acceptable contract. i have no idea what would qualify as "acceptable", but the fact that he's on an incentive based, year to year thing is ****ing ridiculous. especially since the savings are used on the opposite side of the ball and not properly being used on the offensive side of the ball. i also selfishly want him to retire after this year. there's no more left to do. maybe pass Brees for the regular season career TD record? no one is gonna touch him in the regular season and post season combined totals. i can see that as a reason he wants to keep playing. just to cement his name a top everything. but there's nothing left to prove. all that's left is for him to go out a noodle armed loser like 18 (he's not remotely there yet despite what the redzone /box score crowd thinks) either here in the next couple years or in another uniform. both would be terrible. so just hang em up after this year and ride off.

all that said, i don't see him retiring. he can still play if he had a decent supporting cast. i would say out of 16 games, he's played 8-10 terrible quarters (between the @ Bills, @ Cincy, @ Houston, and Miami games). quarters where he's missing guys, throwing it away TOO fast, or just not seeing the field. but outside of that, he's really not the issue. not even close. if he does come back, it better be in NE. if Bill forces him out and to another team, i'm really not sure how i'll feel about things. Bill is forever appreciated but things like this, his GM moves and the pushing the envelope with the rules is getting tiring. i hope Kraft steps in but from what i've heard, Kraft told Bill he won't butt in again after forcing the Jimmy trade. i really don't know if i can roll with Bill if that happens. and that's stupid sounding i'm sure, but 12 is different. he is owed something. /rant

i was 100% convinced we'd lose after sunday. but as always, i get sucked back into this **** and keep convincing myself we got this **** tonight

LETS
****ING
GO

Back
Top Bottom