🍎 OFFICIAL NEW YORK METS THREAD 🍎: V.s. Pittsburgh 4/15-4/17 Jackie Robinson Day

B9C88009-E383-439D-90E5-D7FF571559B7.gif

So much to write. My mind is racing.

86 wins. 86. That's with an all-time bad bullpen. Wilson was a key cog to that unit. When he returned, the bullpen stabilized and looked as capable as they should have been all season. Had they made it, they would have scared teams in the other dugout. What could have been. 

Panel on the SNY post game already talking about trading pieces from the young core. The Wilpons have to realize they have lightning in a bottle and that they need to spend this off-season to complement those pieces to take it to the next level and have something special not just in 2020, but beyond.

I wouldn't count on Cespedes. I want to see every one else come back healthy. Need to fix the bullpen definitely. The Mets really have to look at the team and make the adjustments. That's what great teams do- they actually get better the following year.

Sucks that Gary didn't get to make the call for Pete's 53rd. Would've been a moment

Shout to J.D. Davis

I cannot watch Todd Frazier run anymore :smh:

So much to write. My mind is racing.

86 wins. 86. That's with an all-time bad bullpen. Wilson was a key cog to that unit. When he returned, the bullpen stabilized and looked as capable as they should have been all season. Had they made it, they would have scared teams in the other dugout. What could have been. 

Panel on the SNY post game already talking about trading pieces from the young core. The Wilpons have to realize they have lightning in a bottle and that they need to spend this off-season to complement those pieces to take it to the next level and have something special not just in 2020, but beyond.

Its going to be an interesting off-season for sure.
JD Davis is a great hitter but his defense is poor. Where would we put him ? Left Fied&3rd Base ? He's shown he's a liability at both positions.
Im ok trading Davis for some good pitching.

Unless he does a lot of work during the off-season and shows improvement in Spring Training, I dont think Davis will be here thru the end of 2020.
Cano is really a burden on this team. Biggest mistake Brody has made thus far and its a HUGE mistake.

This is the lineup we should see most often next year:
Nimmo, McNeil, Alonzo,Cespedes, Conforto, Davis, Ramos, Rosario.

Wilson Ramos had a great year, and injury free.

Whats our rotation going to look like Opening Day?

Package Noah&Cano for someone. Please Brody. PLEASE !!!

Cano is stuck here. No point in lessening the package we get for Thor to move his contract. I’d call up Boston and see what Betts would cost. We need to make power moves this offseason. Sign Rendon. Trade for a CF.

Its going to be an interesting off-season for sure.
JD Davis is a great hitter but his defense is poor. Where would we put him ? Left Fied&3rd Base ? He's shown he's a liability at both positions.
Im ok trading Davis for some good pitching.

Unless he does a lot of work during the off-season and shows improvement in Spring Training, I dont think Davis will be here thru the end of 2020.
Cano is really a burden on this team. Biggest mistake Brody has made thus far and its a HUGE mistake.

This is the lineup we should see most often next year:
Nimmo, McNeil, Alonzo,Cespedes, Conforto, Davis, Ramos, Rosario.

Wilson Ramos had a great year, and injury free.

Whats our rotation going to look like Opening Day?

Package Noah&Cano for someone. Please Brody. PLEASE !!!

You don't know what Cespedes will look like upon his return. I keep JD and see if he can get better during the off-season. Can probably see if an AL team will take Yoenis to an AL team as a DH. Who are you replacing Noah with? Wheeler is not better than him. Gerrit Cole will cost upwards of $150MM. You will have two holes to fill.

Cespedes is done B. Even if he starts off the year healthy, it will be only a matter of time before he goes down again. Can't count on him. He's just getting paid at this point.

Cano is stuck here. No point in lessening the package we get for Thor to move his contract. I’d call up Boston and see what Betts would cost. We need to make power moves this offseason. Sign Rendon. Trade for a CF.

The point is to dump the long and expensive contract that is Canos.
Call me crazy but Im ok with Nimmo being our starting CF
You know very well Wilpons are not spending the kind of $ Rendon and Betts would require.

You don't know what Cespedes will look like upon his return. I keep JD and see if he can get better during the off-season. Can probably see if an AL team will take Yoenis to an AL team as a DH. Who are you replacing Noah with? Wheeler is not better than him. Gerrit Cole will cost upwards of $150MM. You will have two holes to fill.
Im ok with trading Noah only if we can pair him with Canos contract.
And although I like JD Davis, we have more need on the pitching side. Our offense is better than pitching right now. We seem to have a surplus of infielders so much so that we're playing them in the outfield.

The point is to dump the long and expensive contract that is Canos.
Call me crazy but Im ok with Nimmo being our starting CF
You know very well Wilpons are not spending the kind of $ Rendon and Betts would require.

Im ok with trading Noah only if we can pair him with Canos contract.
And although I like JD Davis, we have more need on the pitching side. Our offense is better than pitching right now. We seem to have a surplus of infielders so much so that we're playing them in the outfield.

You haven't answered my question. Who are you getting to replace Noah and possibly Wheeler.

You haven't answered my question. Who are you getting to replace Noah and possibly Wheeler.

I dont know.
But people like Brian Cashman have a staff that find talent, he did it all season long.

Never a fan of trading away a key piece just to fix a mistake from 1 year ago.
If that key piece can be replaced with someone already on the roster, why not ?

That same mistake will linger.

Also Cespedes has a NTC and Brodie was his agent. Idc if he has to shag flies from a hospital bed they better roll him out there :lol:

Back
Top Bottom