🍎 OFFICIAL NEW YORK METS THREAD 🍎: @San Francisco 4/22-4/24

1 step forward 2 back. Could’ve been a huge series to make a statement. They gotta move forward with firing Mickey and spending the money on girardi. Call up Boston and see what they want for mookie betts and give him every dollar he desires. Sign gerritt Cole and never look back.

This isn't a defense of Callaway, but replacing him with another manager doesn't fix this team especially in an analytics, front office driven game. Four of the five managers in the NL East are among the worst in baseball, even Davey Martinez. Even Maddon is on his way out in Chicago and it isn't because of what he's doing; it's because Theo Epstein's malpractice this season if you ask Cub fans.

Mickey's decision making was questionable when he had Rosario bunt against Atlanta, but other than that, this team forgot how to play baseball at the worst time. They're making errors on routine plays, they're not doing good at situational hitting and they've gotten pull happy instead of letting it come to them.

There's been a dramatic regression to the mean. They had excellent pitching during the streak, but the bats were able to bail them out on a bad night or supplement what they were doing. Outside of Wilson Ramos, no one can hit. Maybe last night gets them going, who knows? Would have liked for them to have gone over 500 on this homestand. They needed to.

Last edited:
Errors situational baseball etc falls on the way they are managed. Binder joe would even the playing field for us.

I disagree. JD Davis, a key cog during the run, has slumped during this five game losing streak. He's been behind on the high heat and can't recognize the off speed stuff like he was prior to Atlanta. Jeff McNeil was an ugly 0/9 before his home run. Rosario has made two errors in the past four games. It's just like basketball, I can't put the ball in the basket for you.

Went on five-game winning streak then on five-game losing streak in the last 12 days

Oh geez

While the New York Mets continue to stumble, the Syracuse Mets are tied for first place with four games left in the regular season. They're 16-5 since 8/8 and have won 14 of their last 16. At least one group knows what's at stake.

Jeff McNeil has been awful since his return. He needs to stop that swing at the first pitch bull****. Work the ****ing count. Men on second and third and you bail out an erratic pitcher in Neris by swinging at his junk in the ground.

JD Davis and McNeil should be starting every game.

Lowrie, Cano and Frazier should not be taking time away from guys who actually perform

Good road trip so far. We must win every game for the rest of this road trip

In typical Met fashion, the Syracuse Mets blew a 13-6 lead in the bottom of the 8th to lose 14-13. Tony DeFrancesco was horrible. He would make Mickey Callaway look like Joe Torre. They lose the one game playoff for the division title and final postseason spot.

What in the flying **** just happened.

Took a note from their AAA team and imploded. Paul Sewald who couldn't get the bottom of the order out, set them up to fail and Diaz promptly gave it all away. Should have kept in Lugo and worry about the game tomorrow when you get there. The bullpen has regressed to the mean at the worst time. Van Wagenen built this pen and he has to atone for it in the offseason. They will be the reason why this team isn't in the playoffs. Edwin Diaz is a ***** thats not built to play in New York. Ship him to Kansas City.

Son, I walked away with the Mets leading by six runs in the 9th? Wtf happened?!?! Diaz is done. Send him to Belize, Heisenberg style.

Nimmo's quote directed towards the bullpen is one for the ages:

Screenshot_20190903-230719_Twitter.jpg

I wish I could see the reactions from the Mets dugout and Brody as well when Diaz gave up the walk off HR.

We have a solid young, cheap core (Nimmo, McNeil, JD Davis, Conforto, Rosario, Alonso). This seasons basically done tho.

I think we have a window to compete next season for the penant. And we should given all the young and cheap talent we have.

Find a way to fix or get rid off both Familia and Diaz.

This coming off-season should be focused on strengthining the pen.

JD Davis needs to start and if it's LF or 3rd base, get him as many reps there as possible btwn now and next season.

Back
Top Bottom