🍎 OFFICIAL NEW YORK METS THREAD 🍎: @San Francisco 4/22-4/24

source.gif

Edlose Diaz did it again. It's all mental at this point. He's defeated on the mound as seen by him throwing his hands up. Realmuto couldn't catch up to the fastball yet Ramos called for the slider. I don't get it. Van Wagenen has to invest in the pen. It cost the Mets a shot at the playoffs. They'd be in the first WC or competing with Atlanta if it were decent.

It's amazing the Mets have as many wins as they do when you look at how bad the bullpens been this year.

Diaz&Familia have done us in this year.

Trade Dom Smith for some pitching this winter.

I don’t think we should get rid of him just yet either. I hate trading players when their value is at the lowest.

I don’t think we should get rid of him just yet either. I hate trading players when their value is at the lowest.

Agreed.

We also gave up 2 top tier prospects for him. We should wait a little bit longer and see if he can turn it around. Plus he's not even arbitration eligible yet, he's making peanuts.

Familia is the guy we have to get rid off. To think we have 2 more seasons and $10mil/yr of him. he's gotta go even if we eat some of the remaining contract.

Report: Syndergaard not happy pitching to Ramos

Mets ace Noah Syndergaard was "livid" when he found out he would be throwing to catcher Wilson Ramos during his start on Sunday and confronted manager Mickey Callaway and general manager Brodie Van Wagenen over the decision, according to a report in the New York Post.

Syndergaard has a 5.09 ERA with Ramos in 18 games and a 2.45 ERA with Tomas Nido in 10 games.

Nido is slashing .200/.232/.317 with three home runs and 13 RBIs in 126 plate appearances while Ramos is hitting .298 with 14 home runs and 71 RBIs in 470 plate appearances.

"Noah understands that I'm going to make the lineup and he's going to go out there and compete for the team," Callaway told SNY on Monday. "He understands that we're trying to do something special here and get to the playoffs and that everything else is separated from that.

"We're going to continue to put the best players on the field at all times and every one of our players in there is going to compete to the best of their ability and only worry about the team."

Syndergaard gave up four runs in five innings in a 10-7 loss to the Phillies on Sunday with Ramos catching.

I was envisioning a horrible ending with Wilmer killing us in the 9th. But the Agita Mets got it done. A lot raised blood pressures but they got it done.

made up a game. some luck breaking our way with yelich getting hurt. gotta sweep this seriese with LAD coming to town

Back
Top Bottom