🍎 OFFICIAL NEW YORK METS THREAD 🍎: V.s. Pittsburgh 4/15-4/17 Jackie Robinson Day

I love Grandy and what he's done for us but it's time for him to grab some bench.

Conforto is one of our three best outfielders and needs to be out there as much as possible.

Infield is looking terrible. I hated resigning Neil Walker, would have rather plugged Flores in there and spent money on somebody who was actually good.

Reyes was solid at the end of last year but besides from that, he was looking pretty washed. Give him a little more time but he's on a thin leash.

For this team to make the playoffs, a trade is going to have to be made for a legitimate bat.

Bruce has been great

Reyes and Cespedes need to stop swinging bad pitches

Grandy will bounce back. He's on the last year of his contract

I know he's on the last year of his contract, that's why its stupid to run a 36 year old who is clearly declining out there instead of a 24 year old who has all-star potential and could hold us down for the next decade.

^

Agreed

If we want to win a championship, we shall go with the best player

Nice!.

I think I will probably pick up the memorial day for myself, and the fathers day for the father in law.

Indeed, great offense

For some reasons, I actually saw that coming about Harvey's injury. He will be fine

not that Grandy had a great game offensively, the lineup change moving Reyes down was money

edit: he actually got off to a good start. thought he just added on later for some reason. 3 walks, saw a lot of pitches

Last edited:
If Reyes keeps struggling, they will have no option but to call up Rosario and give him a look at 3rd.

I am not giving up on Gsellman. I like his potential. I hope he bounces back strong next start

woke up and saw they won in 16 innings! nice to see them keep coming after that close call went the other way.  it was the right call, but so dame close to being inconclusive.

conforto needs to play everyday....

d'Arnaud has been great this season so far. What impresses me about him this season is that he holds runners well

View media item 2404619
C9WUbKtVYAMHDGS.jpg

Last edited:
deGrom dealing 96 pitches with 13ks and a bullpen that's burnt out, and he takes him out for Salas. deGrom should be starting the 8th inning (mistake 1)

After 2 outs and a walk, Blevins has to be in there to face Yelich (mistake 2)

Now you guys see why I will never be a Terry guy.

given the time of yr, wasn't so bad. want to keep degromm healthy. see if salas could be a setup guy. see how he handles it

deGrom dealing 96 pitches with 13ks and a bullpen that's burnt out, and he takes him out for Salas. deGrom should be starting the 8th inning (mistake 1)

After 2 outs and a walk, Blevins has to be in there to face Yelich (mistake 2)

Now you guys see why I will never be a Terry guy.

I agree with all of this.
Reyes and lagares both in the lineup hurt us. Both guys are not hitting.
Conforto and/or Bruce should've started in the outfield today.

Marlins can hit and Collins put a starting lineup with many cold bats.

I wouldve started Flores at 3rd, Duda at 1st and either Bruce or conforto in the outfield.

And I def would've kept degrom to start the 8th.

We should've won tonight smh

Last edited:
given the time of yr, wasn't so bad. want to keep degromm healthy. see if salas could be a setup guy. see how he handles it

The entire pen has already been over-worked and deGrom showed zero signs of fatigue, and the staff will have an extra day of rest coming up.

Protecting pitchers is the most over-rated thing ever. You can't waste these types of games away always looking ahead, when you need to take care of the games in front of you.

My bigger issue however was leaving Salas in after the walk, when Blevins should be facing Yelich with one out needed.

Last edited:
The entire pen has already been over-worked and deGrom showed zero signs of fatigue, and the staff will have an extra day of rest coming up.

Protecting pitchers is the most over-rated thing ever. You can't waste these types of games away always looking ahead, when you need to take care of the games in front of you.

i dont disagree. let's see if he adjusts.

Much needed day off after losing 3 straight close ones to end the Marlins series. Marlins ALWAYS cause us fits.

Need to stomp on Philly for sure. So many games to start the season and all versus NL East. Love how our starters are throwing, but bullpen has been lackluster.

Back
Top Bottom