🍎 OFFICIAL NEW YORK METS THREAD 🍎: @ LA Dodgers 4/19-4/21 CIty Connect Revealed

I understand Collins concern but he needs to stop being a sissy when it comes to pulling our starting pitchers. DeGrom shouldve came back in the 8th inning. Maybe Collins will change a little bit and let starters go +- 100 pitches.

On another note, i scooped up a white striped reyes jersey for $25 (worn) but it looks immaculate. Tired of having jerseys that look like parachutes on me. Finally found one in my size :D

They are a one dimensional, strike out heavy, streaky team on offense

TDA standing there like a statue when Reyes dropped the pop up was bizarre

They've had a rough couple of late inning losses after that extra innings game in Miami :smh:

Season hasn't been pretty so far. First month of the season is too important to the division race and they're dropping games to Philly and Miami. The pitching is a mess outside of Harvey, Thor and Jacob. Familia really put a strain on an already suspect bullpen.

Collins need to start Flores at 3B no matter what if he faces RHP until Reyes finds his mindset back

Seeing Reyes's terrible performance was painful :x

Flores and Rivera need 3rd base reps at this point, Reyes is an absolute mess right now. Granderson is also only good for two months and is terrible the rest

I'm actually not concerned over the pen because they've been severely over-used and in unfamiliar roles, the offense hasn't been pretty the past few days and they're extremely streaky (can be pitched to). Lineup lacks some contact hitters cough* Murphy *cough

Familia being out has hurt them since the extra innings game, the team is wasting some good performances from the starters so far.

The Bruce was loose. Finally an end to the losing streak. Unfortunately, Duda and D'Arnaud are hurt. Silver lining is some playing time for Conforto or TJ.

Flores and Rivera need 3rd base reps at this point, Reyes is an absolute mess right now. Granderson is also only good for two months and is terrible the rest

I'm actually not concerned over the pen because they've been severely over-used and in unfamiliar roles, the offense hasn't been pretty the past few days and they're extremely streaky (can be pitched to). Lineup lacks some contact hitters cough* Murphy *cough

Familia being out has hurt them since the extra innings game, the team is wasting some good performances from the starters so far.

I couldnt understand why some people wanted to keep Granderson so badly and give away Bruce. Im all for Sitting Granderson for a while, going left to right, Cespedes, Conforto and Bruce should be our starting outfield.

Reyes needs to sit NOW. Have Flores start at 1st (now that Duda is out) and TJ at 3rd. We should start seeing more offense.

The Bruce was loose. Finally an end to the losing streak. Unfortunately, Duda and D'Arnaud are hurt. Silver lining is some playing time for Conforto or TJ.

I was looking forward to seeing this during the winter. Please keep Bruce thru this season, his contract is just 1 year and at 13million. If he produces another 30HR and 80 RBI season, that is a sweet deal.Bruces RBI would be higher if we could get more guys on base.

Said it a week ago before the losing streak but Conforto needs to be out there everyday. Kid can be really special if given the shot in this lineup with everyday reps. Curtis is a vet and knows the game, he's 36, he needs to and will accept that his time is coming to a close.

Reyes...that infield is a mess. I know they want to be patient but sooner than later they need to bring up Rosario and shift Asdrubal over to 3rd

Said it a week ago before the losing streak but Conforto needs to be out there everyday. Kid can be really special if given the shot in this lineup with everyday reps. Curtis is a vet and knows the game, he's 36, he needs to and will accept that his time is coming to a close.

Reyes...that infield is a mess. I know they want to be patient but sooner than later they need to bring up Rosario and shift Asdrubal over to 3rd

I hope they give Gavin Cecchini a chance as well

I read this article on Jay Bruce.
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/19173545/country-boy-jay-bruce-finding-comfort-big-apple

I did not know he was bouncing around from home to home when he first came to New York.

Yeah, my friend told me at Citi. I was like man, I feel ****** for mouthing bad. I didn't think about off field issues. I am glad he found comfort now

I'm not catching feelings for Bruce sucking when we picked him up last year. He's a streaky player his whole career. Now that he's off to a hot start, everyone looking for reasons why he struggled last year. He will go through slumps this year as well, that's just baseball for you.

I'm not catching feelings for Bruce sucking when we picked him up last year. He's a streaky player his whole career. Now that he's off to a hot start, everyone looking for reasons why he struggled last year. He will go through slumps this year as well, that's just baseball for you.

100%. It's a long season and we will have different players stepping up throughout

Rough game.

Conforto shining once again.

Familia back and what does he do with the 1st batter he faces?

Walk

Lololol

You can't lose to a team like the Phillies at home with Noah on the mound, but these injuries keep piling up to key players when that was the big concern coming into the year.

Missing Cespedes right now with the Nats the next week or so is terrible timing. Lineup is just HR or nothing

Old man Granderson with another hit-less night. Conforto should play everyday, but Terry will sit him once he goes 0-4

Not a good start to the season at all, they should not be .500

Last edited:
just seems to be the consensus in this thread alone that conforto needs to play everyday.  i'm sure anyone who watches or follows the team will say the same.  what is the hesitation from sandy and terry?  With cespedes out, he'll def see more time.  lagares in CF and conforto in left.  Bruce at 1B?  why!.  reyes needs to take a seat.  might've lost his chance if his backup plays well.

To simply put it, this team is a mess right now. Washington this weekend isn't good timing for this group.

To simply put it, this team is a mess right now. Washington this weekend isn't good timing for this group.

If Ces is out for a few days, I expect Conforto will be starting in LF.

Bruce should be playing everyday, the whole game. Either RF or 1B. With Duda & Flores injured, thats 2 positions Bruce is at. He did ok yesterday defensively.

Im really tired of both Reyes & Granderson but Lagares isnt any better at the plate.

Walker needs to wake up. I like that he bunted a few games ago. How come Reyes, Lagares and other quick runners arent bunting more?

D.Wright now on a 60-day disabled list
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/19204226/david-wright-new-york-mets-moved-60-day-dl-neck-surgery

:smh:

retire bro. seriously, theres no shame in it if your body cant stay healthy. I know he's made more than enough $

He gets paid no matter what, even if he retires. Him being on the DL after a certain amount of days helps the Mets. The insurance company pays his salary.

I'm aware of the contact. Mets save 75% of his annual salary if he isn't healthy for a certain amount of time during the season.

I'm saying he should retire because this is the 3rd straight season he will injured and out for a significant portion of the season.

Last edited:
The seasons almost 1 month in so Cespedes should rest if he's not 95% healthy. AsCab should take off a game or 2, he's already beat up.

Bruce & Conforto better be starting tonight.

I'd like to see some more small ball play.

Back
Top Bottom