🍎 OFFICIAL NEW YORK METS THREAD 🍎: @ LA Dodgers 4/19-4/21 CIty Connect Revealed

Wright is the man. Happy he can give it one final go on his own terms.

quality player and a gentleman. A classy guy on and off the field. Too bad injuries got the best of him.

I'll def get a Wright jersey sometime soon.

How about McNeil,Conforto & Rosario finishing off the season strong. Im excited to see them next season. Hopefully Rosario will have a better eye at the plate and stay away from pitches out of the strike zone. McNeil could be the 1st Met in years to have a 200 hit season next year.

Well, disappointing result for the 2018 season

Mets finished strong at the end

18-10 this month

Good bye 2018 season

Hopefully we have a great 2019 season

Thor ended Mets' final regular season game with a complete game shutout

Im intrigued by the hiring of Brody.

Him giving praise to Sandy was a classy move.

He's a good talker. Lets see how he walks.

Lets see what he does this winter.

To be continued...................

Whats on everyones wishlist for this off-season?

Which free agents do you want and who from our roster do you want gone ?

I want either W.Ramos or Realmuto but Ramos seems more likely since he's a free agent and Jeter would want a kings ransom for Realmuto.

I want Flores, Lagares and D'Arnaud gone.

And here's the Mets Arbitration situation as per sny.com:

RHP Jacob deGrom: $12.9 million, up from $7.4 million in 2018

DeGrom will get a significant raise after his likely Cy Young season. After 2019, he is arbitration-eligible for a final time in 2020, before being eligible for free agency.

RHP Noah Syndergaard: $5.9 million, up from $2.975 million in 2018

Despite missing a chunk of the season due to injury, Syndergaard's salary is projected to nearly double. He is arbitration-eligible again in 2020 and 2021, before being eligible for free agency.

RHP Zack Wheeler: $5.3 million, up from $1.9 million in 2018

2019 is Wheeler's final year of arbitration. Barring an extension, he'll be eligible for free agency after the season.

OF Michael Conforto: $4.4 million, up from $605,094 in 2018

2019 is Conforto's first year of arbitration. He's arbitration eligible again in 2020 and 2021, after which he'll be eligible for free agency.

LHP Steven Matz: $3.0 million, up from $577,000 in 2018

Like Conforto, 2019 is Matz's first year of arbitration. And like Conforto, he's arbitration eligible again in 2020 and 2021, after which he'll be eligible for free agency.

C Kevin Plawecki: $1.3 million, up from $557,471 in 2018

Like Conforto and Matz, this is Plawecki's first year of arbitration. And like Conforto, he's arbitration eligible again in 2020 and 2021, after which he'll be eligible for free agency.

Question Marks
INF Wilmer Flores: $4.7 million, up from $3.4 million in 2018

This is Flores' final year of arbitration. He'll be set for free agency after the season if the Mets don't non-tender him. But Flores is a serious non-tender candidate due to a few factors, including arthritis in his knees, the emergence of Jeff McNeil, and the presence of Jay Bruce at first base.

C Travis d'Arnaud: $3.7 million, up from $3.475 million in 2018

D'Arnaud had Tommy John surgery during the 2018 season and though the recovery time is shorter for position players than pitchers, his status for 2019 isn't known. Because of that -- and because of the presence of Plawecki -- there's a solid chance the Mets choose to non-tender him.

RHP Rafael Montero: $900,000 up from $558,025 in 2018

This is Montero's first year of arbitration, but it will be a huge upset if the Mets don't non-tender him. He will likely miss the entire season due to Tommy John surgery, and was never successful during his numerous chances at the big league level.

Flores has always been my boy. I'm a homer. I want to keep him :lol: I won't be mad if Mets let him go I like McNeil's batting contact better

I feel like d'Arnaud and Flores reached their maximum potential. That's probably why I don't mind if Mets let Flores go. For Montero, I was really curious about his work progress under Callaway. I am fine by giving him another chance if only he doesn't lose velocity that much

Price for Realmuto may be too much for us but cheap for other teams

Flores has always been my boy. I'm a homer. I want to keep him :lol: I won't be mad if Mets let him go I like McNeil's batting contact better

I feel like d'Arnaud and Flores reached their maximum potential. That's probably why I don't mind if Mets let Flores go. For Montero, I was really curious about his work progress under Callaway. I am fine by giving him another chance if only he doesn't lose velocity that much

Price for Realmuto may be too much for us but cheap for other teams

Im a fan of Flores too, but he cant run at all and his defense is a liability. Time to go.

I know Lagares is on contract for this upcoming season ($10million I believe), but it would be nice to get rid of him as well. He cant stay healthy and cant hit either.

I'd be ok with signing Austin Jackson for the low.

Realmutto probably wont happen but maybe Wilson Ramos being a free agent could sign with us.

Im curious what Mesoraco would want, he and Ramos have a history of not being able to stay healthy and on the field.

Saw that dumbass wilbon complaining and saying wins should matter the most. Someone needs to rock that idiot's jaw.

Mets and Mariners might be trading for Cano.

If Jeff McNeil end up getting traded in this, I will lose my mind.

Im ok with Jay Bruce leaving but not McNeil.

McNeil, Conforto, Nimmo, and hopefully P.Alonzo along with DeGrom will be the foundation of a dynasty in Flushing.

New GM about to do something stupid. no point of this deal. especially since being so cheap over the past years.

even if the Mets get 36 yr old Cano for $14/mil for the next 5, thats $70 million Id rather spend on a young catcher (the guy from the Dodgers, forgot his name).

I get the Mets want the Mariners closer as part of the deal, but Cano is way too long and expensive for that.

Back
Top Bottom