Official 2019 OFFSEASON New York Yankees Thread: COLE OR STRAUS

I believe it's an even more team-friendly deal than the Phillies just gave Nola, and that was a good one as well.

Cashman made nice moves this off season and proving he didn't have to spend $300 mill on a player. The Yankees are better than last year and much added depth. This team stays healthy and Sanchez can hit better than .189 this team is stocked

In.

Don't know what to expect outta this season after a surprising 2018.

Hoping Judge stays healthy and Stanton bounces back from a rocky season.

Great deal.

But it Makes me more furious because a cheap deal for Sevy. Means Hicks’ deal will come out on the cheaper end too.

Didi deserves to get paid because he’s older, so he’ll likely not be looking for much of a discount

In the end, we should have enough money to spend in Free Agency because we were worried Severino would be a massive deal

Great deal.

But it Makes me more furious because a cheap deal for Sevy. Means Hicks’ deal will come out on the cheaper end too.

Didi deserves to get paid because he’s older, so he’ll likely not be looking for much of a discount

In the end, we should have enough money to spend in Free Agency because we were worried Severino would be a massive deal

I was just about to post the same sentiments, these deals should cushion the amount you would have to spend on Bryce or Manny. Just get it done.

they are being reluctant to sign machado and harper cuz of the extensions they are hoping to give andujar/judge/gleyber

Of course, Hal said that, but now that we saved so much on Sevy there’s no point in grabbing one of the two.

they are being reluctant to sign machado and harper cuz of the extensions they are hoping to give andujar/judge/gleyber

Hal is a BS artist

We got like 4, maybe 5 years before Gleyber or Andujar get an extension.

If we do an extension in 2021 to bypass the last 2 years of Judge’s arbitration, how much would he really get? He’ll be 29 years old. Maybe 2 year $40mil in arbitration years. Then an extra 4year $120mil for a total of 6 year $160mil.

This is for you, *****. :frown:

6D14EA8A-7028-45C2-9460-21160F008332.jpeg

9F2B9F65-9FA2-44E5-9ED0-58A1C2292A27.jpeg

AD176A2B-946F-41A2-9A8A-C23F5596F036.jpeg

I’m not crying.... yes I am.

Hall of Famer. Won’t be first ballot, but absolutely should.

17th in Ks.
246 Wins
Will likely get into Top 50 pitching WAR (51st right now)
20 win season
3- 19 Win Seasons
Stretch run in Milwaukee 11-2 1.65 ERA in 17 starts. Averaged 7-2/3 innings per game in those starts.
6-time All Star
1 Cy Young
ALCS MVP

Betances said his agent has talked with Cashman about an extension. He wants to stay with the Yankees.

1. Keep Randy Levine away. Far away.
2. 4year $55mil.

Would keep the bullpen in tact for at least 3 years.
Chapman has 3 years left.
Ottavino has 3 years left.
Britton has 3 years left, 4th year option.

Gives us a few years to look for some fireballers for the pen in a few years.

Stanton should be in LF. Bird should be DH.

Bird has the potential on offense, can’t stay healthy. It’s a make or break year for him. We need a lefty power bat, and since we won’t spend money on the one that’s available, we should put him out there and let him sink or swim. If he sinks or gets injured again, then it is what it is.

Hicks
Judge
Stanton
Sanchez
Andujar
Bird
Voit
Torres
Tulo

Back
Top Bottom