Official 2019 OFFSEASON New York Yankees Thread: COLE OR STRAUS

We are a train wreck right now. How much money do we have locked up in players that can’t play?!?
Betances,Ellsbury,CC,Severino,Hicks.

I think Judge is getting a huge payday.

400 plus and it’ll be 12-13 years.

I don’t think they want to risk losing him or waiting and being forced to pay him 500 in a couple years.

He’s a top 5 player in baseball and a cheat code. Plus he’s probably the biggest name in baseball right now

He’s got 3 years left of arbitration. Wouldn’t enter Free Agency until 30. It took months to get Harper 12 and Machado 10 at age 26. Not going to happen for a 30 year old.

So maybe he gets 10 years if it’s an extension. But there’s not much incentive for the Yankees to go to 12-13 years when he’ll enter the market at 30. And have trouble getting a 10 year deal then

Smh, I heard on the radio this morning Betances velocity was low and they were gonna run some tests. What a joke.

CC and Gardner shouldn’t be on this team anymore.

CC isnt bad. He'll give you quality innings, but it's also why you went out and put together a bullpen the way you did so you can lock it down. CC isnt the workhorse he used to be obviously but he is better than most team's #5 starter.

I love CC but it’s time to say goodbye

He’s gotten better each of the last 3 years figuring out how to deal with his knee and throwing without heat. I think as a 5th he’s as good, if not better than any team’s 5th

That rotation would be awfully lefty heavy until Severino is ready to come back. I think there’s a reason that guy hasn’t been signed yet.

Getting this

41K3tqJo-VL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Jeter/Stanton beef.

Jeter being pretty much a douche since he became owner.

MLB regretting giving Jeter the franchise.

dallas hasnt been signed because whoever signs him would have to give up draft picks
Lol, he just turned 31 and wants a five-year deal nearing $20M AAV. When guys like Nola, Snell and Sevy are signing team-friendly extensions and all downright better pitchers than Keuchel.

with Hicks on the DL, gives time to see who rakes better at 1B/DH Voit vs Bird, with both having a strong spring

I really think Bird at 1B and Voit at DH should be the move going forward and have been saying it for a couple weeks. Bird is the better fielding 1B. If one is a disaster you let them go and no big deal.

Stanton should be in LF.

Boone probably going with statistics and probability since all he simply is a mediocre pencil pushing manager. For the record, I still want Boone out.

Getting this

41K3tqJo-VL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Jeter/Stanton beef.

Jeter being pretty much a douche since he became owner.

MLB regretting giving Jeter the franchise.

Adding this to my list as well as the below. Releases May 14th

Met and Yankee All-Star pitcher David Cone shares lessons from the World Series and beyond in this essential memoir for baseball fans everywhere.

51xVZXwjWLL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom