Official 2019 OFFSEASON New York Yankees Thread: COLE OR STRAUS

Who pitches for us Game 6 depends on who the Astros throw. If it’s a bullpen game, you can’t waste Severino because Tanaka, Game 7, 3 days rest against Cole will be a huge uphill battle.

Game 6 vs Houston doing a bullpen game. Happ for 4. Green for 2. Then manage bullpen and situation from there. Have to let your bullpen beat theirs, if we lose, we don’t deserve it because our bullpen should win a game like that.
Game 7 vs Cole. Tanaka opener for 2. Severino gets the bulk of the innings

if they don’t go Cole, we can’t go Severino

Who pitches for us Game 6 depends on who the Astros throw. If it’s a bullpen game, you can’t waste Severino because Tanaka, Game 7, 3 days rest against Cole will be a huge uphill battle.

Game 6 vs Houston doing a bullpen game. Happ for 4. Green for 2. Then manage bullpen and situation from there. Have to let your bullpen beat theirs, if we lose, we don’t deserve it because our bullpen should win a game like that.
Game 7 vs Cole. Tanaka opener for 2. Severino gets the bulk of the innings

if they don’t go Cole, we can’t go Severino

nah i dont agree with that... we are down in the series... we have to win the next game point blank... you put the best pitcher out there and hope for the best... the astros on the other hand can do the opposite since they are leading the series and are up 3-2.... you put severino out there for game 6 and tanaka for game 7 and see what happens...you need the best pitcher out there to win game 6

So Tanaka on 3 days rest versus Cole on regular rest? nah man I can’t risk that. Or at least I can’t for a full start

our supposed strength is our bullpen. This is the time to use it. If it fails, we don’t deserve to be in the World Series.

So Tanaka on 3 days rest versus Cole on regular rest? nah man I can’t risk that. Or at least I can’t for a full start

our supposed strength is our bullpen. This is the time to use it. If it fails, we don’t deserve to be in the World Series.

who cares about the rest... we need to win game 6... thats all that matters... in 09 we had 3 pitchers the whole post season... i know now its different times but thinking of tanaka with 3 days rest is irrelevant if we dont win game 6

The bullpen is the team’s biggest strength. They spent all that money to assemble this bullpen, if they go bullpen, you have to match it, if we had 4 playoff ready starters, then I’m with you, you can pitch Severino, we don’t, so you have to save him versus their best starter. Because you need Severino to match Cole blow by blow. It’s easier to have 1 guy match another than try to piece together 6 guys.

If they lose, they lost making the right choice, and relying on something they consciously built with.

we are down in the series 3-2.... its not guaranteed we win with this bullpen... yes they are legit but with this postseason anything can happen and again we are down in the series.... this is a must win game.... the astros have their bullpen pitching so we need to win this game and with that being said we need our best pitcher out there.... we cant rely on our bullpen to carry this game and have our best pitcher available for game 7... yes thats the ideal situation but nothing is guaranteed... at this point we just need to get to game 7 period and whatever happens just happens

Green, Britton & Kahnle have been really effective so far

comparison to Tanaka:

Tanaka 16IP 5R 4ER 8H 4BB 12K .148 average
Green, Britton, Kahnle 19.2IP 4ER 8H 6BB 17K

So we know who should likely open.
We know who should get it from the 7th on.

You should should pencil Green for 2. Try to steal 3rd inning if he’s really killing it.

Innings 3, 4, 5, 6. Have to make those 12 outs work, that’s where the toughest challenge is.

Happ has to be ready to go 3. That 6th is where there could be trouble. You have to keep either Cessa or Loaisiga in the pen should this go extras, my choice is Cessa, I trust him more at the moment.

1-2 Green
3-5 Happ
6 a combo of Lyons and Loaisiga
7 Kahnle
8 Britton
9 Chapman
(Should it go extras, Chapman probably the 10th too)

Cessa, Heller and Ottavino are the in case it goes extras.

Stanton didn’t look great last night. You could tell he was hurt rather than just banged up. I respect him giving it a go. Need to keep Kirk Gibsoning him out there though.

What makes me nervous is how many times they’ve seen our bullpen. Feel like they’ve seen Green in three or four games already.

Our bullpen better, this is our game to win.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom