Official 2019 OFFSEASON New York Yankees Thread: COLE OR STRAUS

mark my words, Kuechel will not work out in NY. city's too big for him ... remember i said it ....

German has been good all year.

Like what he brings (this year)

I’m curious as to after this season what Happ’s role becomes, should German pitch well all season and if they like Montgomery after he makes his rehab.

Happ has not been good this year. If they make any additions or Montgomery is ready to come back, I’d say move Happ to middle/long relief. Yeah that a lot of money for him to do that but damn, it’s almost as if we’re immediately playing from behind when he starts.

We’re on pace for a 93 win season 20% of the way through. Which is pretty damn amazing considering what the roster has been so far.

Three weeks is the max

I’m still trying to understand how Miguel is back before Hicks and Stanton? Miguel had a significant injury, Hicks had a light tweak back in March.

As a guy who’s playing career after college was derailed by a degenerative disc in his back, there’s really no such thing as a light tweak when you hurt your back. Especially with all the torque that goes into throwing and hitting. He’s finishing up his extended spring training. May have a rehab assignment before or may not.

Stanton had to wait for that cortisone shot to really kick in. They said he should be doing BP on the field with the team this week and decision on rehab assignment.

Last edited:
As a guy who’s playing career after college was derailed by a degenerative disc in his back, there’s really no such thing as a light tweak when you hurt your back. Especially with all the torque that goes into throwing and hitting. He’s finishing up his extended spring training. May have a rehab assignment before or may not.

Stanton had to wait for that cortisone shot to really kick in. They said he should be doing BP on the field with the team this week and decision on rehab assignment.

Seven freakin years

Seven freakin years

I know. As long as they can keep it under control and he does everything he supposed to do, he should be good. May have a minor flare up here and there, but with the back it’s extremely to gage how long someone returns from injury. Be it major or minor.

The guy I’d check in on in a couple months is Marcus Stroman.

But for now, may as well just tough it out.

Back
Top Bottom