Official 2019 OFFSEASON New York Yankees Thread: COLE OR STRAUS

Feel bad for Clint. Done nothing but play good baseball & he's the odd man out.

Probably gets traded by August.

Tauchman will go down when Judge and Stanton come up. Maybe because he’s a lefty bat they kept him. But still Clint is significantly better.

But it begs the question what the hell are going to do with all these guys.

Sanchez
Voit
Gleyber
Didi
Urshela
Stanton
Hicks
Judge
Edwin

Bench:
Romine
DJ
Gardy

Pretty sure DJ will play 3rd for the majority and then spell guys around the infield minus short.

0883426F-79F9-45FD-A337-BAFB44D4B038.jpeg

Not a fan of sending down Clint, I don’t get it. There’s a few other players that should have went before Clint. I get his defense is shaky but his bat is much better than a few people. He should have stayed over Maybin, Tauch and Gardner.

Not a fan of sending down Clint, I don’t get it. There’s a few other players that should have went before Clint. I get his defense is shaky but his bat is much better than a few people. He should have stayed over Maybin, Tauch and Gardner.

I think this has all the makings of trading Clint. Which stinks but I'm for it if he nets us pitching.

Maybin wasn't DFA'd because I doubt he has options left. Tauch I thought the same but then I read he's going to be down tomorrow for Stanton.

Okay I thought I read Tauch was gone. My question is does sending Clint down hurt his trade value or does that not matter. We better not trade Clint for a bum wee pitcher.

With Cashmans track record with pitching he trades Clint for slightly above avg pitcher who does nothing to help in playoffs while Frazier hits 30+ hrs for a decade.

Wish he showed the same aggression for Sale, Scherzer, Cole, Verlander, Hamels....the list goes on and on

Deleting all his ****, **** is the point of that? I read the article about him vs the media and how the media has done him wrong. Then he does stupid **** like this. Tauchman should have been sent down before him but the way he acts, oh well. Trade him for a pitcher.

I can’t lie, it’s cool as **** watching EE in pinstripes. He’s a monster on offense.

Last edited:
Gleybar finally with a great tag. Feels like he’s always dropping or missing. Great play by him.

at what point do you say Clint is a better overall option than Gardy and Hicks right now. I know we’re trying to save face with that awful Hicks contract but I think we messed up on this one.

Clint isn’t better than Hicks. Hicks is damn good but he’s not great. His contract good too. Only 70 mil for his skill level, I’m not mad at all with that deal.

Clint is obviously better than Gardner but not by a lot because of his defense.

They can’t let Maybin go cause he’ll go somewhere else and he’s been great. Hicks, Stanton, Judge, Gardner and Maybin is a lot. Then you add Clint. It’s crowded and he’s definitely getting traded cause he ain’t as good as Hicks, Stanton and Judge. He might be in a couple years but we don’t have room for him.

I do think Clint should have been on the squad today and Tauch should have been sent first.

Hicks is a career 235 hitter who had 1 good season and 1 debatable good season and stays hurt. He’s only played over 100 games 2 times in his career. He’s been in the league for 7 years and has only 1 season with over 15 homeruns. I think people are waaaay overvaluing Hicks.

Back
Top Bottom