Official 2019 OFFSEASON New York Yankees Thread: COLE OR STRAUS

70 million ain’t a lot for what he can do when he’s on the field.

I was scared he wasn’t gonna let Tanaka pitch the 9th. Happy he did, what a ****in game for him.

Daniel Jones being at the game and boo’d. Hahahahaha. **** I wish I was at that game. Would have lost my voice.

Last edited:
Meredith Marakovits (@M_Marakovits) Tweeted:
Luis Severino said he expects to throw from a mound for the first time either 6/25 or 6/26 He believes they’ll make him throw at least 5 bullpens before graduating to a sim game and eventual rehab starts #yankees

Still thinking I’d rather have Clint getting ABs instead of a half year of Encarnacion. So what do we do next year when we trade Clint, Gardy retires, Hicks misses his usual 60-70 games and Judge or Stanton goes down?

Just realized, we gotta get rid of Maybin or Gio, Yankees better get rid of a pitcher instead. Be ****in crazy to get rid of Maybin or Gio. We gotta couple pitchers that can go. I haven’t heard much of this but Judge just said he’s 100000% (which I don’t believe) but now it’s time

Just realized, we gotta get rid of Maybin or Gio, Yankees better get rid of a pitcher instead. Be ****in crazy to get rid of Maybin or Gio. We gotta couple pitchers that can go. I haven’t heard much of this but Judge just said he’s 100000% (which I don’t believe) but now it’s time

Better be that trashcan Cessa or Holder. Have to keep Maybin and go to a 4 man bench

I highly doubt it’s Urshela. Maybin on the other hand has been good. But you’d at least understand it.

Gardner though :stoneface:

Yeah I think they would get rid of Maybin before Gio but still, it would be either of those two unless they get rid of a pitcher. I hope it's a pitcher cause Maybin has earned his spot.

I''m nervous whenever Happ is pitching.

I heard Pettite on the Fan today. Good interview, miss him pitching.

Great grab by Stanton. I can't believe how many games he's missed.

Last edited:
Baffled how Cashman gives this dude 17 mill a year but wont even give Morton the time of day

Happ was amazing when we got him last year.

Already pitching in NY and being successful is worth a whole hell of a lot.

I’m not mad at Cash for getting him. But I think we could reallocate our resources next year better.

Can we all take a second to have some happiness that in the span of a week.

We added a 40HR guy over the weekend.
A 40HR guy tonight.
And a 40HR guy likely next week.

And we’re in first place already.

Absolutely crazy

Happ was amazing when we got him last year.

Already pitching in NY and being successful is worth a whole hell of a lot.

I’m not mad at him for getting him. But I think we could reallocate our resources next year better.

Im still bitter about him bc the Red Sox series lol

Happ was amazing? I don’t need to see his numbers, he wasn’t someone we had to have back. He’s been average as hell this season.

Happ was amazing? I don’t need to see his numbers, he wasn’t someone we had to have back. He’s been average as hell this season.

After we got him last year. Yes.

But absolutely average this year. No argument.

If we weren’t going after Corbin.. Then yes, we did need him back.

Have to remember going into the offseason it was
Tanaka, Severino & CC. Then added Paxton by trade.

We knew CC would have a few IL stints. Severino really tanked it the second half. Tanaka is generally solid but doesn’t get to who he is until the second half.

Montgomery was out the 1st half regardless. And if you went into 2019 with the plan of German and Loaisiga as SP4 & SP5, we’d probably all burn everything.

The other option was Eovaldi. Who pitched terrible in 4 games this year. And already had surgery on his elbow.

Back
Top Bottom