Official 2019 OFFSEASON New York Yankees Thread: COLE OR STRAUS

Coley Harvey (@ColeyHarvey) Tweeted:
Things are going "slow" on the Greg Bird recovery front, for those who have asked. Aaron Boone didn't give the impression anything had changed, just that they're still slowly as they try to get him to the point he can ramp up again. Plantar fasciitis is a finicky injury.

Happ is garbage but he had a solid game.

Mike Ford has made some plays so far.

HE IS OUT!!! HE DIDN'T TOUCH THE PLATE!!!!! THATS ****IN BULL****

DJ with another huge clutch hit, wow

Gary just crushed one. **** 461 feet

Last edited:
I was having this debate with myself.....

Coming into this season, Andujar was a better hitter than Torres. Torres has vastly improved with his hitting this year after being really good as a rookie. Knowing that Andujar could improve even more as a hitter and potentially be slotted at DH rather than wait for his glove to get to average (if possible), would anyone trade him as part of a package to get a mid to late 20s front end starter? Or be opposed?

I go back and forth on it because 1. We could keep Urshela off the bench for a few years. 2. If we kept DJL, he’s a professional hitter and isn’t relying on power, so the idea that he can be a quality bat for 4-5 more years isn’t a stretch in the slightest.

Typically, I’d say we should trade him. But it’s tough to let homegrown guys go, and 2, the chance that a starter would **** the bed here always worries me.

What say you guys? Would you package Andujar with prospects for a mid to late 20s starter that either is front end or projects front end.

****in **** man, left so many on base today. CC pitched a great game and then gives up that bomb. ****

Back
Top Bottom