Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

Enes Kanter didn’t know what to expect from Kristaps Porzingis in training camp. After all, once he tore his ACL last Feb. 6, Porzingis became a ghost, doing his own thing.

Though Porzingis spent all of his five-month offseason in Europe rehabbing, fellow European Kanter stayed in the US, touring the country.

For the second straight practice, Porzingis, despite not being medically cleared, was as vibrant as Kanter ever has seen him.

“He’s so engaged, man,’’ Kanter said. “Unbelievable. I talked to him on the sideline. He’s jumping, ‘I’m so pumped. I can’t wait to go [play].’ ”

Porzingis is taking it to heart to be a leader if not an active player. He is out indefinitely, with an extra cautious timetable due to his 7-foot-3 height, the Latvian said Monday.

“I’m very excited about him,’’ Kanter said. “That shows how much he loves the team and cares about the team. He’s coming to sidelines and so pumped for us and he’s not even playing. To see an All-Star guy cheering for you, it gives you extra motivation. I think it’s important for him to come to every practice and cheer for us. To see a franchise hurt and just jumping and pumping you up, that gives you extra motivation.’’

Porzingis attended just two games after the injury last season and was rarely at practice.

knickspracticekp.jpg

https://nyp.st/2R2l2Od

I'm really looking forward to seeing Knox and KP on the floor together eventually. Also hoping that Mitchell can develop into a solid NBA player and not just a Summer League phenom. If those 3 can click and continue to grow, we have a really solid young core. Throw a consistently good PG in the mix and we'll finally be back among the top teams in the East.

Yeah, I'm all in on these two rookies we have this year & they're coming into a seemingly perfect situation for growth.

Ideally, we land a top 5 pick and nab our PG of the future.

Only FAs I want to take a shot at are Kyrie, Kiwi and KD.

We're not getting a top 5 pick. We've had some really really bad teams and the only time we got a top 5 pick is when 90% of our roster were D leaguers.

This team has actual NBA players. Even if KP misses the entire year, we're gonna win 30-35 games and get like the 11th pick.

I much rather get the 11th pick than a top 5 pick. Shows that what we have here in the young guys and the coach is actually legit. Much more attractive for an established FA.

We're not getting a top 5 pick. We've had some really really bad teams and the only time we got a top 5 pick is when 90% of our roster were D leaguers.

This team has actual NBA players. Even if KP misses the entire year, we're gonna win 30-35 games and get like the 11th pick.

I much rather get the 11th pick than a top 5 pick. Shows that what we have here in the young guys and the coach is actually legit. Much more attractive for an established FA.

Honestly, if you go to Tankathon and do the mock draft anyone in the top 9 has a legit chance to get into the top 4. The amount of movement up and down on the draft order on each roll is legit enough for me to believe they figured out how to end tanking. The odds of you actually being atop 5 bad teams and leaving with a top 5 pick are low as hell. I did it 20 times and 20 times there was movement. It seems like the golden spot is 1 - 8 for the odds to move up to be pretty good. I definitely see the Knicks in that 1 - 8 range. Mostly because a lot of the roster is young and are in no way use to a 82 game season.

So what we really need to do is hope for once the lotto balls fall the Knicks way and they end up with a top 4 pick regardless of their record.

Yeah, the new lottery format really helps us.

We're not as bad as the Suns, Kings, Hawks, Magic, or Nets.

Yeah, the new lottery format really helps us.

We're not as bad as the Suns, Kings, Hawks, Magic, or Nets.

I think the Suns get more wins. Booker/JJ/Ariza/Ryan Anderson should drag that team to the early/mid 30's at a minimum, If Ayton proves to be legit they could even break 40. I am legit pissed at the idea Boston might come away from this draft with one of Barrett/Zion/Cam/or Zion cause they got that Kings pick.

Don’t think we’re worse than Charlotte either. The new lottery format doesn’t even take place till 2020 no?

Yep its gone live

http://www.tankathon.com/

You can see the % chance on the side and even pick 9 has a 20% chance to land in the top 4. The biggest drop off seems to be between pick 9 and 10. I think we're around 8-6 myself so we'll see what happens. Injuries can change everything. Plus fatigue for the rookies and a lack of a legit 1st option has me thinking we can maybe fall into the 6-4 range.

Last edited:
Idk I really don’t see it.

Last year Hornacek single handedly lost about 10 games due to terrible rotations and decisions.

Barring injuries, I still think this team wins a lot more games than people expect them to.

Can we go 0-82 and lose every game by 1?

Idk I really don’t see it.

Last year Hornacek single handedly lost about 10 games due to terrible rotations and decisions.

Barring injuries, I still think this team wins a lot more games than people expect them to.

But KP is injured. We had the 2nd worse record in the league post his injury and that was with Jeff trying to win with Vets.

Also a lot of people got the Bulls worse than the knicks. I don't see how the Bulls are worse than the knicks healthy. Carter/ Lauri/ /Parker/ Lavine/ Dunn are going to score buckets and Holiday isn't bad either.

Only teams I think are worse than the knicks are hawks, Nets, Kings, and maybe Orlando

Back
Top Bottom