Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

just a reminder
upload_2019-5-20_16-18-25.png

Y’all want DSJr to stay or nah?

honestly whether KD and/or someone else comes, or it's just RJ Barrett for us this summer, I don't really see a role for him next season on this team

a DSJ/Barrett backcourt is begging to fail and you'll eventually trade the lesser of the two

they should try and move him and frank together for at least a decent first rounder to grab a shooter. we're going to need more shooters next season, there's no way around it

If this playoffs proved anything, again, it is how badly you need a point guard that can shoot. Look how good George Hill is looking.
Can’t imagine a team where your point guard can’t consistently hit the open shot.

I'm simply not a fan of his game. I think the things he's bad at are things most guys don't learn. There's a reason the Mavs gave up on him, even before KP became available they were desperate to trade him.

As good as Zion looked in college, RJ might really end up being the better player, especially the way the league has shifted to glorify guard play. Still would’ve liked to have Zion, but meh I’m cool with Ja or RJ. Just please don’t trade for Beal.

Well, if RJ and Irving comes to the NYK, they will most likely be starting guards. Assuming KD also joins, the starting 5 will most likely be KD, Knox, Irving, RJ and Robinson.
So, the remaining guards that would be playing bench would be Mudiay, DSJ, Ntilikina, Dotson, Trier and Allen. I would prefer to keep Mudiay, DSJ, Trier and Dotson. Ntilikina and Allen are expendable.

Well, if RJ and Irving comes to the NYK, they will most likely be starting guards. Assuming KD also joins, the starting 5 will most likely be KD, Knox, Irving, RJ and Robinson.
So, the remaining guards that would be playing bench would be Mudiay, DSJ, Ntilikina, Dotson, Trier and Allen. I would prefer to keep Mudiay, DSJ, Trier and Dotson. Ntilikina and Allen are expendable.

Mudiay ain’t coming back, unless he takes a significant pay cut....... after we waive him.

He wasn't better than anyone on the first team

2nd round pick was one of the best rookies in the league tho :pimp::pimp::pimp:

Back
Top Bottom