Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

Let’s only post boxscores of when he’s benched though.

Like I said I can’t wait for this same energy when RJ struggles early on.

Like I said I can’t wait for this same energy when RJ struggles early on.
CF91C2BF-247F-4C17-B10B-CF920D0D6E87.gif

Serious question. Did Frank get a fair opportunity to properly develop like our other draft picks?

In losing seasons we decided to give Jack 35 minutes a night. Then in the next losing season we decided to give a player with no future on this team (Mudiay) all the minutes he needed to stay in the league. Minutes over 2 young players on longer contracts with us (Frank, DSJ).

Knox was arguably the worst player in the league last year with the minutes he got. But look we still gave him 30 minutes almost every single night. When he was drafted he was also a “project” but we are giving him every opportunity possible to reach his potential in another losing season. Let him make all the mistakes he needed to make and never actually benched him.

Frank was benched immediately as a rookie with Jeff. Then Fizdale comes in acting like some savior and he had the same energy. Our development with Frank has been terrible and when he was drafted every single front office member indicated that he’s a project.

Dawg, he's getting benched by his own national team now....why are you still blaming Hornacek and Fizdale?

How many coaches have to see the same thing before y'all realize it's on him, not them.

He's been given chance after chance after chance. Potential doesn't win games. He's in year 3, this is all on him now.

Na he’s not getting chance after chance. He’s been benched after his first mistake then he gets wild inconsistent minutes regardless of how he plays. It’s largely on the coaching staff to develop players. Wtf did we do to even try to develop Frank?

Like if all this was happening during winning seasons I wouldn’t care. But it’s all been during dead end losing seasons.

If this was Ham Diallo from Lefrak no one woulda said **** about the kid. We’d still be talking about potential and he’s young. But since it’s a Phil pick and another European it’s easy to go that route.

If Giannis was drafted a Knick he’d be traded by now too cuz we’d be giving Aaron Afflalo all his minutes and benching him after every missed shot in 20 win seasons.

Like I said Knox was getting 30 minutes and night and he was beyond trash. But that’s what you have to do if you want your players to grow. Frank never got any opportunity like that. Instead we were riding Bootiay for no ****ing reason.

Serious question. Did Frank get a fair opportunity to properly develop like our other draft picks?

In losing seasons we decided to give Jack 35 minutes a night. Then in the next losing season we decided to give a player with no future on this team (Mudiay) all the minutes he needed to stay in the league. Minutes over 2 young players on longer contracts with us (Frank, DSJ).

Knox was arguably the worst player in the league last year with the minutes he got. But look we still gave him 30 minutes almost every single night. When he was drafted he was also a “project” but we are giving him every opportunity possible to reach his potential in another losing season. Let him make all the mistakes he needed to make and never actually benched him.

Frank was benched immediately as a rookie with Jeff. Then Fizdale comes in acting like some savior and he had the same energy. Our development with Frank has been terrible and when he was drafted every single front office member indicated that he’s a project.
Because Knox looks like he can become something.... Frank looks like he doesn't play ball full-time . I'm not sure where u guys go by rating "prospects" . But Frank has absolutely no tangible value outside of his perimeter defense. Dude has had a 25 and 5 game or even 15 and 10 game... Knox metrics may come off as horrible but the eye test doesn't lie.

Knox was literally one of the worst players in the league last year. He’s looked infinitely better this summer because he let the game come to him and his shot was falling. Also got stronger. Hopefully it translates to NBA games this year. But the point is we let him be horrible. Which is what we should be doing with DSJ and Mitch. Let DSJ have 8 turnovers and let Mitch foul out in 5 minutes. We gave Knox the full green light all season long.

How is perimeter defense not valuable? It’s probably the most valuable thing in the NBA today outside of 3pt shooting.

Edit - lmaoooo i forgot about KADEEM ALLEN. This team did everything in its power not to give their lotto pick minutes. ****s sad tbh. That’s not how you develop players. Every minute shoulda been going to DSJ and Frank, but nope Jack, Mudiay, and Allen were more important to our future.

Last edited:
Horny def messed Frank up in the head year one

Frank had the shortest leash on the team and those inconsistent lineups & PT did little to nothing for him

Absolutely no reason Jarrett Jack should’ve been playing over Frank

They won against Jordan and by like 50 points so is a +31 really that impressive.
I was all for giving all the minutes to Frank this year. However, this performance in international play has made me change my tune. I dont think I can **** with bounce pass, missed dunk by a complete foot and his whatever.

Why would he be bench when you stated dude is +31 ... lol

Because he wasn’t aggressive offensively. He kept handing it off and not looking for his shot. The team needs him to do both. When he got benched Lithuania literally started dominating and came back from 12+ down in like 5 minutes. The guards caught fire and started penetrating and dropping it off to Jonas who scored everything. Rest of the game was close so coach just let the same 5 stay on the court.

Just hope yall fools know these past 2 pages are gonna be the entire season just with some RJ praise/hate dashed in.

Back
Top Bottom