Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

KD and Kenny Smith aren’t wrong though. The Knicks haven’t won in my entire lifetime, and haven’t been to the finals since I was born. But they keep trying to tell everyone it’s “The Mecca”. The organization needs a whole new identity if they want to attract free agents. Hopefully Perry Mills keep trying to establish the new identity.

KD and Kenny Smith aren’t wrong though. The Knicks haven’t won in my entire lifetime, and haven’t been to the finals since I was born. But they keep trying to tell everyone it’s “The Mecca”. The organization needs a whole new identity if they want to attract free agents. Hopefully Perry Mills keep trying to establish the new identity.

I said the same thing all of y'all were saying earlier in this thread, when I was tryin to tell y'all no one was coming here in free agency and everyone disagreed.

Winning in NYC is only important to NY'ers. It's the internet age, the playing field is way more even now. You have to win or be exciting for people to care nowadays. Knicks haven't done either in a very long time.

I don’t know.

Guys like Morris and Gibson don’t take that BS from other teams. Payton is a reliable backup and Portis and Wayne are legit depth. They will end other teams’ runs.

There could be a real argument to keep them around this season as the kids develop. There isn’t a lot out there that fits the youth timeline and the way there contracts are structured of the Knicks decide to throw a Max contract at anyone they can be released.

we actually have a lot of depth, so i wouldn't be surprised if we trade some of these guys around the all-star break. our young team needs guys like Morris and Gibson to instill toughness. RJ and DSJR don't seem like the type to get bullied, but Knox seems a little soft IMO. Morris was actually dogging the Wiz, before he got kicked out :lol:

Frank looked pretty good TBH. he didn't do much stat wise, but he didn't look timid or indecisive either. maybe he really did get some confidence from playing in FIBA. time will tell. i mean it was only the first pre-season game. as much as i think this dude doesn't have the mental ability to be an NBA player, i hope he proves me wrong.

also, Elfrid should get little to know minutes when DSJR comes back, unless Frank is going to playing off the ball.

our offense is still trash btw. no plays...none...

I normally don't post about Pirzingis, but they on tv right now.

Can't wait to see if Mitch can hang with Pirzingis. I just hope he don't look too silly.

That ppl dont know about the histoty or the respectability the Knicks have since the last time the Knicks were consistently good was the 90s

Last edited:

How old are you ?

I remember Knicks in the finals like it was yesterday

I’m cool with this management right now, they had a solid plan and are doing a whole lot of good work if you ask me. The KP situation was Phil’s fault, ya didn’t see how they handled that with no leaks. Media would’ve been all over that with past managements.

Idc bout what KD said. He didn’t join the team, he’s just saying why he didn’t join the the team.

I really like that they brought in Sheed before, and now Ben. Been said since KP and Frank were drafted that we should build a team similar to those Pistons.

That team was perfectly built even in that era. Billups started his career poorly too. KP was our Sheed and maybe better one day. Mitch has the potential to be a DPOY candidate if things go right.

I believe in Knox to be a very good 3pt shooter and RJ to be a do it all kind of starter. Hope things go right and we can add another key piece in the draft. Absolutely loved that Pistons team.

Back
Top Bottom