Official 2019 OFFSEASON New York Yankees Thread: COLE OR STRAUS

Yankees didn’t want to pay Didi the qualifying offer of 17.8M knowing he’ll sign and he got less from the Phillies

I agree it looks lame but it don't matter to me... I got used to it just like the NBA jerseys...I got my throwback mattingly jersey anyway.... I don't like the current jersey with or without the swoosh

the Boss was definitely rolling in the grave when Yankees gave up tradition and did 4th of July uniforms/fathers /Mother’s Day/players weekend jerseys

^ prally my only regret as a sports fan... not going to 1 game at old yankee stadium... the other being not seeing MJ play...

Got to see an Old Timers Day in 03 with CC pitching for the Indians then an Old Timers in 18 with CC pitching

Going into the New Year

SP:
1- Cole
2- Severino
3- Tanaka
4- Paxton
5- Happ
6- Montgomery

RP:
7- Green
8- Holder
9- Kahnle
10- Ottavino
11- Britton
12- Chapman

C:
13- Sanchez
14- Higashioka

IF:
15- Voit
16- LaMehieu
17- Torres
18- Urshela
19- Andujar
20- Wade

OF:
21- Stanton
22- Gardner
23- Judge
24- Tauchman

Leaves two roster spots, not sure who goes where. But I don’t see Frazier getting MLB run unless one of the 4 OFers go out. And I see Andujar at DH and Wade being IF/OF guy.

Perhaps the best idea would be to move Happ and some mid-level guys for a better prospect to open up a spot for Montgomery as SP5 who we should see if he’s still legit after the Tommy John.
Then bring up Loaisiga and make him a bullpen guy where he’s better suited.

My biggest bone to pick is they backed themselves into a corner bringing Gardner back again. Tauchman is the better player in 2020 and when Hicks get back, Tauchman won’t play at all. Also Clint is a wasted prospect as well due to his own immaturity, but bringing back Gardner does that as well. Gardner had a really good year in 2019, but even with Hicks out, should have made it work with other guys instead of Gardner

Last edited:
so hes basically out 2 plus months smh...he coulda easily been a #5 pitcher in the rotation... its all good montgomery will hold down the fort assuming happ is gone... i can see german going to the bullpen to replace dellin

Back
Top Bottom