OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. :lol:

Not sure about Auburn and UF though. Relying on a whole lot of "we always beat them. Kang Kirby". Not sure that you'll be able to stop UF based on how they looked last weekend.

Fortunately for us, Florida doesn't look like they can stop anyone based on the way they looked on Saturday. Georgia's defense is really good this year, I like our chances against Florida.

I'm not really relying on the wheel always win thing. I'm just not ready to completely alter my predictions based on one week of sloppy football with our third string quarterback. I predicted we'd finish 9-1 before the season and I'm not going to bail on that yet.

You’re not taking MS State as a threat?

All they’ve ever needed to make some noise was a coach that will air it out. Even when Dak was there, the play calling was way too conservative. State plays 4 more ranked teams. I think we win at least 2 of em.

I was just giving our record over the next five games, I think Mississippi state's going to be good but I think we'll beat them at home. we do this every year with the week one overreactions when we don't even really know who these teams are yet. Is LSU's defense just awful? or is Mississippi state's offense going to break SEC records and they'll score 45 ppg in confer play? We don't know yet

Fortunately for Georgia, we play Mississippi State late in the season so they'll be tape on them by then

I'm not really relying on the wheel always win thing. I'm just not ready to completely alter my predictions based on one week of sloppy football with our third string quarterback. I predicted we'd finish 9-1 before the season and I'm not going to bail on that yet.
But you feel comfortable saying that UF's defense sucks after a week of sloppy football? :lol: I have no dog in this fight, but doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense.

Kellen Mond got pulled from his weekly presser with Jimbo today... :lol: :smh:

Sucker.

N41D N41D

For real though, what's going on in College station? Is there an issue with the program or are all of these opt-outs completely separate issues?

N41D N41D

For real though, what's going on in College station? Is there an issue with the program or are all of these opt-outs completely separate issues?

Chatman hasn’t played a dozen downs in his entire time on campus. He didn’t play the other night and has gotten passed on depth charts by a number of freshmen and sophomores.

Jimbo’s definitely run off a significant number of Sumlin guys.

Hines clarified his opt out was due to someone close to his family dying from COVID complications - though I’m still inclined after watching the depth chart and snap counts the other night he may have also been passed up. They didn’t miss a beat defensively and the LB play was better than it’s been in a decade with Buddy and the freshmen/sophomores.

The whole thing feels off. The talent level is questionably drastically better but the on-field results aren’t.

The problems are glaring. The offensive line and Mond’s lack of development are big, gigantic red flags for what Jimbo’s ceiling might be. If Haynes King can’t play, Jimbo’s tenure might be dead before it ever takes off.

We're just trying not to get beat by the local Pop Warner team in Tally. I would blame 2020, but ... :ohwell:

You’re not taking MS State as a threat?

All they’ve ever needed to make some noise was a coach that will air it out. Even when Dak was there, the play calling was way too conservative. State plays 4 more ranked teams. I think we win at least 2 of em.

I forgot what coach said this but it was something along the lines of the SEC defenses are always looking so good because their QB play is so mediocre nobody ever airs it out a bunch

Look at the havoc Burrow and LSU caused by airing it out last year. MSU gonna do the same this year

But you feel comfortable saying that UF's defense sucks after a week of sloppy football? :lol: I have no dog in this fight, but doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense.

UGA's defense looked good because *checks notes* they beat Arkansas and sorry *** Franks. Ole Miss going to put up a lotta points this season.

UGA's defense looked good because *checks notes* they beat Arkansas and sorry *** Franks. Ole Miss going to put up a lotta points this season.

You guys scored 17 pts last season and our defense is better this year.

Their defense is good. He’s just being a homer as usual. Kiffin is definitely going to have them putting up points.

Damn. I didn’t know ND had so many positive cases. We should probably enjoy football while it lasts.

UGA insiders just won't admit they were wrong about the QB competition huh?

Now Stetson Bennett is going to be named starter because he "has pocket presence"?

Last edited:
I want to get you guys opinion on this one. James Cook said he slipped but most Georgia fans think that he was just ducking contact.

DLK is at it again
he's so full of ****
mjlol.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom