⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to know New Orleans is still a **** show. :lol:

Chris Paul, Anthony Davis, Zion, it doesn't matter. :lol:

They should be banned from winning the lottery for at least five years

Funniest thing about the article is Zion and Ingram strong-arming the front office to giving Zo a $20M salary every season to appease them.

I want to laugh at this but the Knicks are probably going to offer him $20M

2 years ago
1623947035618.png

Edit:

Yikes.

He could have made the call to Cuban directly to fire him and he would have said the same thing publicly.

Brad Townsend is the mouth piece for Donnie Nelson and has been for over 20 years.

Screenshot_20210617-112604_The Athletic.jpg

If Tim Cato says he ain't going anywhere I trust it.

Zion already got 2 coaches fired in 2 years, has played less than 100 games in New Orleans and is already angling for an exit.

I respect it but damn. AD got crazy backlash and he stayed for 7 years with 2 coaches. Although I doubt the backlash AD got would’ve been crazy if he didn’t decide to partner up with Klutch, Lebron and the Lakers :lol:

IMO, It’s never been small market vs big market. It’s always been about how can you build your team around your star. New Orleans is failing in a major way at every turn.

Never seen a GM do less with more than David Griffin. Pelicans were set up for the best rebuild of all time and have squandered it so far.

They should be banned from winning the lottery for at least five years

I want to laugh at this but the Knicks are probably going to offer him $20M

I don't think 20Ms a year is a bad investment in Lonzo as long as he's healthy.

I know if the Knicks would be a great fit but you shouldn't mad if it happens.

He's young enough that even if it doesn't work out you'll be able to trade him

The only really bad thing Griffin has done thus far, IMO, is the Adams extension. That made no sense. Bledsoe had to be a part of the Holiday deal for salary matching. I do think both contracts are movable though. Especially with the amount of draft capital they have going forward.

This summer is going to be huge for them though.

The only really bad thing Griffin has done thus far, IMO, is the Adams extension. That made no sense. Bledsoe had to be a part of the Holiday deal for salary matching. I do think both contracts are movable though. Especially with the amount of draft capital they have going forward.

Hiring Stan Van Gundy to coach a young team in 2021 is as egregious as anything he's done roster related

Hiring Stan Van Gundy was a huge miss.
Trading DeAndre Hunter for another center was a huge miss. And I like NAW’s game too but you have 3 points on the roster with Zo, NAW & Kira Lewis. Plus Zion is a center so now you have 3 centers on your roster with Zion, Hayes and Adams.

Other than the teams with superstars competing for rings, NOLA has the most pressure on them. **** this summer up again (bad coach, bad transactions or whatever) and Zion might be out of there.

I’ve always wondered if any superstar would take the QO to bypass restricted free agency and the perfect storm is brewing for Zion to be that first one. He already has 75 million in the bank through his shoe deal and the QO is 17 million dollars too. That’s damn near 100 million before his 2nd contract. He doesn’t need to sign the max rookie extension right away.

I guess I just don't see the situation being as bad as others do. They have pieces to move and should be able to do it. Hiring a player-friendly coach shouldn't be too difficult.

At the end of the day though, Zion/Ingram/Ball need to figure out how to consistently play at a high level together.

I'm not buying Zion taking a QO whatsoever. Especially with his history of injuries and potential for more.

I'm not buying Zion taking a QO whatsoever. Especially with his history of injuries and potential for more.
He’s in the running for being the face of the league at that point. Could easily recoup that bread. If New Orleans goofs this up i wouldn’t be shocked. One of these guys is going to do it eventually and it’s likely going to be a franchise like this.

I guess I just don't see the situation being as bad as others do. They have pieces to move and should be able to do it. Hiring a player-friendly coach shouldn't be too difficult.

At the end of the day though, Zion/Ingram/Ball need to figure out how to consistently play at a high level together.

They got 2 1st and 2 swaps for Jrue and they took on Bled and Adams.

I think you are going to have to unload at least 1 1st just to dump Adams.

Now you can use a Laker pick or 2 to do it but none of that would be necessary if you just didn't extend him

Bled, I don't know but he has negative value.

Zion hasn't been subtle about wanting to play in NY even before he got drafted
But I don't see him trying to leave the Pels anytime soon and even with RJ here I doubt he ends up on the Knicks

Zion already got 2 coaches fired in 2 years, has played less than 100 games in New Orleans and is already angling for an exit.

I respect it but damn. AD got crazy backlash and he stayed for 7 years with 2 coaches. Although I doubt the backlash AD got would’ve been crazy if he didn’t decide to partner up with Klutch, Lebron and the Lakers :lol:

IMO, It’s never been small market vs big market. It’s always been about how can you build your team around your star. New Orleans is failing in a major way at every turn.

Never seen a GM do less with more than David Griffin. Pelicans were set up for the best rebuild of all time and have squandered it so far.
Zion hasn't done anything yet besides dunk and sell tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom