⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
xx0b1caihu041.jpg

This one was easily the most cringe. :lol:

and he almost lost to a team LeBron James and some janitors in the Finals... interesting. Where is his Finals MVP? #notmygoat

You were extremely proud about the grueling 6 game series featuring your supposed “goat” , armed with another top 5 player who posted the highest playoff PER of all time. Beating Jimmy Butler and the capitol rioters some months ago....

And today, come to this conclusion

Miami is the flukiest Finals team since the 2000 Knicks. These cats are about to miss the playoffs in the awful Eastern conference

Expeditiously

When you look at how bad the Heat are and remember they were also missing Bam and Dragic in the finals. That really does have to be the worst finals team of all time :lol:
Funniest thing about that series was the injuries causing Spo to stumble into the blueprint on how to slow down AD w/ fronting & bringing over the man in the weak side corner. If he wanted the ball he had to come out to 25+ feet. Of course he can kill you from there but from a defense’s POV it’s better than him getting it 15 feet & in.

Then Bam came back & they played him straight. He’ll probably never be guarded like that again.

Funniest thing about that series was the injuries causing Spo to stumble into the blueprint on how to slow down AD w/ fronting & bringing over the man in the weak side corner. If he wanted the ball he had to come out to 25+ feet. Of course he can kill you from there but from a defense’s POV it’s better than him getting it 15 feet & in.

Then Bam came back & they played him straight. He’ll probably never be guarded like that again.

he was wilding when he stopped playing KO

Seems like it was just on some good fun rivalry tip.

Makes it more interesting IMO.

If it was JUST that sure. But everyone in the organization couldn't stop running their mouth about the Show last season (even contaminated the great Jerry West). They tried to manufacture something that's never been the case, there is no 'rivalry' with the Clippers cause historically the 2 teams have never been in contention at the same time. And finally after all the bloviating, ads, soundbites and hype for the seemingly inevitable matchup...for them to blow that cash in the spectacular fashion in which they did; it just makes their obsession with the Lakers last season that much more comical.

I don't remember the Show saying anything about them outside of the times we actually played them on the court.

I've never understood why teams so easily give up switches. Why not fight through it? Why your team so willing to concede matchups that their opponent wants? I understand that you're giving the ball handler extra space to shoot it but in a lot of cases that's better than the alternative. I'd rather LeBron or James Harden shoot a three-pointer than get a switch and be matched up on Lou Williams or a slow-footed big man like Ayton. LeBron does a lot of matchup hunting as well and it amazes me that teams know what he wants to do and just allow him to do it over and over.

I've never played at the collegiate or NBA level so maybe some of you guys who've played at higher levels can explain this phenomenon to me.
That’s one thing about Klay pre-injury he would make an effort to get back to his defensive assignment. When they played the Rockets he would disrupt everything they did offensively because he would fight through the screen or make an effort to get back. After two major injuries it’ll be interesting to see what he does defensively going forward.

On another note this how Shaq, Ewing, Nigerian Scam, D.Robinson, Malone, etc would be done on defense if they played in today’s game. Speaking of how harden did Ayton.

That’s one thing about Klay pre-injury he would make an effort to get back to his defensive assignment. When they played the Rockets he would disrupt everything they did offensively because he would fight through the screen or make an effort to get back. After two major injuries it’ll be interesting to see what he does defensively going forward.

On another note this how Shaq, Ewing, Nigerian Scam, D.Robinson, Malone, etc would be done on defense if they played in today’s game. Speaking of how harden did Ayton.
Klay will probably move to guarding forwards like Kobe did after the Achilles tear/got older. Let Wiggins defending the quicker opposing wing.

If it was JUST that sure. But everyone in the organization couldn't stop running their mouth about the Show last season (even contaminated the great Jerry West). They tried to manufacture something that's never been the case, there is no 'rivalry' with the Clippers cause historically the 2 teams have never been in contention at the same time. And finally after all the bloviating, ads, soundbites and hype for the seemingly inevitable matchup...for them to blow that cash in the spectacular fashion in which they did; it just makes their obsession with the Lakers last season that much more comical.

I don't remember the Show saying anything about them outside of the times we actually played them on the court.

How about when LeBron took a shot at load management early in the season? Do you remember that? Probably not.

But I’m sure you remember when Doc was asked specifically about LeBron’s comments and said something like, “we like what we’re doing. They can do whatever LeBron says.” Because that’s another thing Lakers fans got all up in arms about.

Part of the reason the Clippers supposedly couldn’t keep the Lakers out of their mouths is because the media is always asking them about the Lakers (and vice versa). Are they supposed to not respond to those questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom