⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
whew him and kanter though
I think they're 29th in defensive efficiency, so it can't get much worse. :lol:

Blake with the Lakers would be interesting? I think Marc and Kieff already have the floor spacer-high post facilitator role to compliment AD and Trezz though.

blazers 9-5 without CJ and Nurk

1613577395373.png

National Anthem at sports is weird as hell.

Imagine clocking into work and having to listen to that before you start your day. Or someone coming out in front of a movie theater audience to perform it before hitting the previews. Or at a concert. That's some real Russia/North Korea ****.

I was in the military and hearing the national anthem every morning was part of my daily routine So I got used to it. When I hear it I think about those people I know who sacrificed life and limb for their country. That being said, I'm not a fan of forced patriotism. The whole point of freedom is having the ability to choose what you want to do, not to be dictated to.

Blake with the Lakers would be interesting? I think Marc and Kieff already have the floor spacer-high post facilitator role to compliment AD and Trezz though.

Because of his passing ability, he’s a guy you can run offense through. So maybe could help to buy LeBron some extra bench minutes here and there.

I was in the military and hearing the national anthem every morning was part of my daily routine So I got used to it. When I hear it I think about those people I know who sacrificed life and limb for their country. That being said, I'm not a fan of forced patriotism. The whole point of freedom is having the ability to choose what you want to do, not to be dictated to.

I was in elementary school during the height of the Cold War and the “America is the best at everything” idea was drilled into us pretty constantly. In school with the pledge and having to sing “patriotic” songs, and also through TV commercials, movies, etc. I didn’t think twice about it at the time, but looking back I now realize how strong the propaganda was. Media/entertainment had me believing most Russian and East German women were ugly :stoneface: :smh::lol:

Definitely come to realize later in life how silly, and even dangerous, forced patriotism can be. Like you said.

that would only be possible if the Pistons would give up Blake in the goodness of their hearts. point being, I don't think the Lakers have anything to offer in exchange for Blake other than monetary reasons.

that would only be possible if the Pistons would give up Blake in the goodness of their hearts. point being, I don't think the Lakers have anything to offer in exchange for Blake other than monetary reasons.
This is under the premise he would be bought-out and waived by the Pistons.

I must say that the national anthem gets played less now compared to about 30 years ago or so. I also noticed a drop in so-called true patriotism where people were more involved in what's going on with the country than now which is just a misguided thinking and false sense of patriotism. I hate what bipartisanship and cultism has done to the U.S. and some of these zealots still identify themselves as Americans? what a bunch of sickos.

not sure what you meant by forced patriotism but for me I guess people need to revert back to strict policies or participation of exercising true patriotism. the singing though could take down a notch as far as certain events go but education should be more of a priority. can't believe some of those idiots were ex-military. sorry for the rant.

Because of his passing ability, he’s a guy you can run offense through. So maybe could help to buy LeBron some extra bench minutes here and there.
his passing is good, but needed someone to orchestrate an offense. I believe the Lakers are missing Rondo a lot. they need a playmaker, not a passer.

Can somebody please rationalize to me why the Pistons would ever consider buying out Blake's $50 mil?

It's a two-way street. He's not helping the Pistons franchise win any games and the one-time payment can get him off of their books so they can move forward. Getting bought out might help Blake. He's not getting any younger and his window to positively impact a winning team is getting smaller.

If he gets brought out, he could move back to LA, near his family, friends and off the court career and contribute to a championship team. He doesn't have to agree to a buyout, he can gladly sit and rot in Detroit and collect his paychecks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom