⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think there’s a slight chance the Cavs pull off a trade for Drummond since he’s an expiring contract.
Difficult to get up to Drummond's $28M. Probably guessing his trade value is only worth a second and salary fodder.

As for Robertson/Shumpert, their 10 day contracts expired over this break.

Difficult to get up to Drummond's $28M. Probably guessing his trade value is only worth a second and salary fodder.

As for Robertson/Shumpert, their 10 day contracts expired over this break.

Right. Think at least 3 teams would have to be involved. That’s why I rate the chance of it happening as slight.

one of the wc teams in the 6-9 range might get desperate and make a move

and then theres danny almost
Don’t really think Ainge has ever been particularly interested in Drummond. Especially not on his current deal. He also doesn’t represent what the team actually needs.

6uuda615jtl61.jpg

I don’t trust Drummond either, but he’s basically the perfect risk for Charlotte. He plays a position of need and you essentially get to test drive him for the rest of the season/playoffs to see how he fits before free agency this summer (where they’d probably be rumored to sign him). And it would cost basically nothing to get him.

I don’t trust Drummond either, but he’s basically the perfect risk for Charlotte. He plays a position of need and you essentially get to test drive him for the rest of the season/playoffs to see how he fits before free agency this summer (where they’d probably be rumored to sign him).
If I was in charge of roster building Charlotte, I'd probably rather wait until free agency to sign him.

Trading for him comes with the caveat of inheriting his Bird Rights and him wanting a fifth year. Plus you'd probably have to trade Malik Monk, who's got a pulse now.

If I was in charge of roster building Charlotte, I'd probably rather wait until free agency to sign him.

Trading for him comes with the caveat of inheriting his Bird Rights and him wanting a fifth year. Plus you'd probably have to trade Malik Monk, who's got a pulse now.
I get all that, but my worry is that they end up paying him this summer and then he just doesn’t fit with what they have and is a massively overpaid version of Hassan Whiteside. Then you have him on a bad contract and screwing up the nice little thing you got going. I’d want the test drive.

Why are you trading Monk? Seems like he’d be the successor to Graham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom