⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lonzo has negative Hero Points
sadcam.png

Empty stats they said.

It's deeper than Points/Rebounds/Assists and W-L and I said it last month when he was rattling off triple double. Russ' career record when he gets a triple double is very good (.753) but if you took a look at the opponents, I suspect it's little less impressive. Take this season for example: He has 32 triple doubles and the Wizards are 19-13 in those games. As of right now, both the league average and median winning percentage are both at about .500 so I'll use that as a separator.

Only 13 of those 32 triple doubles were achieved against teams with a .500 or above record. The Wizards are 9-4 in those games. He has 19 triple doubles against teams under .500 and the Wizards are 10-9 in those games which includes multiple against teams like Detroit (3!), OKC and SAC yet they are still only 10-9.

Let's ignore the fact that if Russell Westbrook triple doubles were truly the impetus for wins that he would have a better record against teams under .500 when has one. It's clear he's accumulating triple doubles against below average teams. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case for the majority of the 177 in his career. I'm aware my conclusion may be skewed since it only accounts for the current season but it's not a stretch when you think about when he started racking up triple doubles and his team's records in those seasons (better supporting cast and he's getting triple doubles against teams they should be beating anyway).

For what it's worth, he's has played in 32 games against above average teams and 26 against below average. He also averages close to 1.5 more turnover in his triple double performances which I'm not sure is coincidental either but again it's only this season.

The fact my ESPN+ doesn't let me watch the regular broadcast of this game, for that I need a TV package.

But I can watch it with this stupid-*** Marvel nonsense all over the place.

Is another example of why the NBA TV broadcasting rules that they and their partners employ are so ****ing dumb.

Wardell can't even beat Mr. Triple Single in the hero points. #Notmy7thplaceMVP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom